twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 >> Last
Author Topic: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
Re: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th
on: October 15, 2013, 13:52

Day 5 snack
ORANGE GREEN JULIUS complete
Cost $3.35
Produced 30oz or 2* 15oz servings
we think it needs more ginger or lemon or apple..not sure
maybe no spinach..but we added it as we wanted to be sure we had greens in there

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 13:55

Day five dinner we needed a boost so created
V14
COST $ 10.70
Produced 96 oz or 3 quarts
best creation yet!

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 13:56

V14 Completed
COST $ 10.70
Produced 96 oz or 3 quarts
best creation yet!

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 14:09

so allbeit it day five was the day we realized we were cheating ourselves I think we needed that to bring us down to reality and put our minds in the right place again as we were justifying sugar and caffine by saying it still liquid. After a liquor induced pledge from both of us, we are here on my day 6 and her day 5 and will not let this speed bump derail us!
We work evening shifts tonight..thank god as it was hard to wake up this am..so I will have chance to replenish our bodys with some refreshing juices today. I think we will stick tothe basics today Jolt juice 20 oz each, mean green 20oz each then green machine to take to work with us 32oz each. I will also prepare some sort of energy boosting sweet drink for us to each take 16oz of to work as well. let you know what the creation is later!
ok so now were all caught up and we came clean about the tea and sugar then drowned our dissapointments in vodka. Seeing the scale not move was motivation enought for us to stop cheating ourselves out of ALL of the benifits of juice fasting. Will keep you all updated as we progress and still feel that her 14 day goal of 14Lbs loss and my 60 day goal of 60 Lbs lost is still in reach!! We will do this :)
Everyone stay strong today and have a great day!!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 15:04

Day five total costing for two was $18.55 or $9.28 per person, we drank 84 oz of Juice each and some tea and vodka as well :(

Being that we didnt include the cost of the qazpacho we had for lunch the daily total is still correct as we had an extra quart at dinner that we gave away so including that cost in todays total accounts for the lunch quart that we split for lunch of the leftover gazpacho.

Anyhow still keeping in budget like we planned..I cant wait to see some of the new sales that will come out in the next few days so I can beging to see what deals we can stock up on for next week. we may have been bursting at the seams with fruits and veggies at the beginning of the week having shopped for a whole week for two and then some, but its amazing how quickly the pile goes down after just afew days!!

Definately looking forward to the juices we make each day and its starting to become the norm. hopefully after the lesson with sugar and caffine we will be able to kick that habbit permanantly after the fast too..not so sure about the vodka after the fast- but the tea definately looking to cut that out for good. Hopefully not drinking for the rest of the fast will make us become used to not drinking too as the whole alcohol thing is no good for you or your health either!..maybe some red wine would do in its place after the fast>>>...
Time for some jolt juice..
everyone keep strong and we will make it to our goal of becoming heathier and happier!!
Ray & Kari

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 16:59

had the jolt juice for breakfast and realized I had doubled everything in the recipe to make a double batch but have been forgetting to double the kale. Im paying extra attention to make sure we get our greens in now and drink lots of water after the scale showing me no loss since sat. That said, yes I was taking in extra sugars from the iced teas and that was no good either. So todays Jolt Juice was 4 apples, 2 oranges, 1 lemon, 2 cucumbers, 3 leaves of kale and 2 handfuls of spinach. If we doubled the kale it should really be 8 stalks of kale! so I went with 3 kale and about a half a bunch of spinach. I think tomorrow i will use 4 kale and one whole bunch of spinach. I definately saw it greener in color with todays batch and cant really taste the greens at all with the other items in it. So todays cost was $ 4.80 wich produced 44oz or 2*22oz servings. Tomorrow using a whole bundle of spinach and 4 kale leaves will make the cost go to $5.75, but i think making sure we get alot of greens is very important. We could use 8 leaves of kale and no spinach and keep the cost at $5.05, but i like mixing up the greens abit. We pay about $1.50 for bundle of spinach and about $0.20 per kale leaf or $1.30 per bunch which is usually about 6-7 leaves and they are pretty big too.

Anywhooo, love the tase of that Juice and so does the wifey so adding in large amounts of greens that we cant taste is no problem! Will keep making sure we get in our greens and waters and not jump on that scale again until maybe day 10 which is saturday, perhaps by then my body will start to shed some more pounds and her too!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 17:03

Day 6 breakfast
JOLT JUICE prep
Cost $4.80
Produced 44oz or 2*22 oz servings
4 apples
2 oranges
1 lemon
2 cucumbers
3 leaves kale
2 large handfuls spinach

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 17:05

Day 6 breakfast
JOLT JUICE Complete
Cost $4.80
4 apples
2 oranges
1 lemon
2 cucumbers
3 leaves kale
2 large handfulls spinach

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 15, 2013, 17:34

Hi Ray, sounds like you are doing great and keep it up. I am glad you are having some fun going through this. Now I want Vodka in my drinks. :-)

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 19:23

ok ok forget EVERYTHING i said about not weighing in again for a few more days...hahahahaha

I went to the store to get some seltzer water to be able to have a little something different...i figured as long as its just carbonated water it should be ok. I also got some 100% coconut water-all natural- for my wife to try as she has been asking for me to get her some to try and if she likes it i will stock some up in the fridge for her and i guess me too. She wated to get club soda but I showed her that it has additives in it and selztzer water is just carbonated water- so we got some seltzer water. Soo funny how we look at the ingredients on everything now and before we just threw it in the cart if it looked good!!

ok so now you know i couldnt go to the store that has my scale i use to weigh in and NOT check too see what it said and I was thinking it was high yesterday because we had just drank juice and water....annnnnnnd I was right i think. I havent had a juice since this morning and did not drink my lunch juice before I went to the store just so I could see
TODAYS DAY 6 Mid Day Weigh in was 255 LBs..and it was teetering to 254, so I am down 9 almost 10 lbs in this journey so far !!! I sent the picture of the scale to my wife and her spirits picked right up:)
well get her weight soon enough, but now shes feels encouraged again and so do I.
I suppose I had to go thru one day of doubt and ill feeling or I wouldnt be normal!
pics of progress below!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 19:25

down from 264 LBS to 255-254 LBS on Day 6 Mid Day

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 20:35

Day 6 for me and 5 for her, today her stomach was rumbling a little like mine was yesterday, but overall we are feeling ok. She had headaches yesterday and needed some asprin.
DAY 6 Lunch Prep was Green Machine- we used 8 kale stalks, 4 green apples, 4 cups or 2 large handfuls of spinach- it was about 3/4 of the bundle, 1 cucumber, 4 celery stalks, 2 carrots, 2" of ginger maybe a bit moore and 1/4 lemon. Th total cost for this was $6.35 and it produced 52oz or 2*26 oz servings. For all the green in there it tased pretty good, perhaps i wold use a bit more lemon next time both otherwise it was tasty. I think from her face she made it needs more lemon and abit more ginger too, but overall we got our protiens and we both enjoyed it. Feeling encouraged from the weigh in at the store I drank most of mine and her too. The remaining will come to work with us as well as an additional 32oz each of another dinner drink.
will update more later
pics below of green machine double prep...its alot of kale and spinach but oh soo good for the body:)
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 20:38

Day 6 Lunch Prep
Green Machine Double batch
Cost $6.35
Produced 52oz or 2*26oz servings

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 15, 2013, 20:41

Ray, that apple looks like it's missing a piece 😉

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 20:42

Day 6 Lunch Complete
Green Machine Double batch
Cost $6.35
Produced 52oz or 2*26oz servings
8 kale stalks, 4 green apples,
4 cups or 2 large handfuls of spinach- it was about 3/4 of the bundle,
1 cucumber, 4 celery stalks, 2 carrots,
2" of ginger maybe a bit more and
1/4 lemon

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 20:50

Quote from minoothecat on October 15, 2013, 20:41
Ray, that apple looks like it's missing a piece 😉

hahahaha...too funny cat but no eating the apple raw around this house for a while...look really close and you will see that actually what looks like a bite out of the apple is actually the ginger and 1/4 lemon sitting on top of the apple :)

Hope your having a great afternoon and feeling wonderful today:)

talk soonest
Ray

caroline0205
Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 11:43

Quote from raydiouguy on October 11, 2013, 15:07
2- 20oz servings of jolt juice ready to drink

It sounds like a really healthy drink! I say go for it! 😀

caroline0205
Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 11:48

Quote from raydiouguy on October 15, 2013, 17:05
Day 6 breakfast
JOLT JUICE Complete
Cost $4.80
4 apples
2 oranges
1 lemon
2 cucumbers
3 leaves kale
2 large handfulls spinach

Thank you for sharing these great information. Healthy foods are very important to lose weight.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 15:22

Hi Caroline,

I had tried to just drink smoothies from the blender in the past and with all that sugar I was gaining weight, buynig a juicer and this juice fast has been the best thing to happen to me in a long long time!!
Yes the jolt juice in not only healhy but delicious too..I could drink that all day long!
Stay tunned for more recipe ides for juicing as mine and my wifes journey continues!
Keep eating healthy and have a wonderful day
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 17:09

Good Morning Everyone!

Tuesday dinner for us was the V14 juice again, pretty much the exact same recipe as mondays 3 quart batch except we used 3 orange peppers in place of the 2 red and one yellow because this was the last of the peppers we had avail and we added two more ocs of celery to this batch too.
So V14 Juice made with V14 was made with
2 handfulls of spinach
1 med bunch of cilantro,
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 stalks of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime
1 red onion
1 zuchini
1 small orange pepper -used yellow in first batch
2 small orange peppers -used red in first batch
7 tomatoes
4-5 leaves of basil and
1 jalapeno

Total cost for this was $10.90 and it produced 3 full quarts

We each took a quart with us to work along with the little bit of left over green machine we each had from lunch. When we got home we heated up the 3rd quart and had that as a snack. So for my day 6 and her day 5 we each had a total of 96oz for the day and the total cost was $22.05 for the two of us or $11.03 each.

We weighed ourselves this wed morning and she is at 122 and im at 254 LBS. So im down 10 lbs beginning day 7 and she is down about 8lbs. Remember she didnt weigh herself until the end of day one and it read 127 so thats why I say abuot 8lbs, because she had always weighed 130on that scale forever. Since we didnt get to have her weigh in the day before we i guess say officially shes lost 5lbs but were pretty sure its 8lbs. I guess once shes down 15 or 20lbs those 3 lbs in question wont even matter anymore..hahaha-oh I had said her height is 5'1" but i wasnt sure- shes confirmed it is 5'1".

Hope everyone is having a great day today so far
update more in abit-
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 17:12

oh and of course you know that with the v14 juuice I added some hot sauce, cayenne pepper and this time a bit of curry powder as well just to get those taste buds flowing!! But overall this juice has so many flavors its also great with no addl spices at room temperature as well as hot or even chilled:)
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 17:15

V14 Juice Prep
Total cost for this was $10.90
produced 3 full quarts

2 handfulls of spinach
1 med bunch of cilantro,
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 stalks of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime
1 red onion
1 zuchini
7 tomatoes
4-5 leaves of basil and
1 jalapeno

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 17:16

V14 Juice Complete
Total cost for this was $10.90
produced 3 full quarts

2 handfulls of spinach
1 med bunch of cilantro,
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 stalks of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime
1 red onion
1 zuchini
7 tomatoes
4-5 leaves of basil and
1 jalapeno

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 19:22

Good Afternoon everyone,
Day 7 for me and 6 for her and still going strong. For breakfast today we made the Morning glory but a bit different and a bit larger batch. We used
5 Green apples
2" Ginger
3 Kiwi
3 Small Cucumbers
4 big Kale Stalks
5 Cups of grapes

It produced 2 full quarts or 64oz and the total cost for this was $7.50. We each drank 20 oz and saved the extra 24 oz for snacking through the day and night. Since we have no blueberries the addition of the kiwi and the extra grapes gives it a really nice flavor. We definately both enjoy this juice!
Pics below
Stay tunned for the lunch Idea-
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 19:28

Day Seven Breakfast

Morning Glory Prep
Cost for this was $7.50
Produced 2 full quarts or 64oz

5 Green apples