twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
Re: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th
on: October 21, 2013, 20:48

V14 was made with

2 LG handfulls of spinach (1/2 Lg bundle)
1 bunch of cilantro (1/2 bundle)
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 stalks of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime
1 red onion
1 zuchini
1 small yellow pepper
2 small red peppers
7 tomatoes
4-5 leaves of basil
1 jalapeno

Learning from previous juices we
juiced everything but the spinach
and tomatoes then we juiced the
spinach and last the tomatoes
The tomatoes can sort of back everything
else up and cause us to have to stop half
way through and clean it out before finishing
because we used to do the tomatoes first.
Now having done the tomatoes last this same
recipes from the other day got anextra 18oz
more than we did the other day. You kinda see
what i mean about the tomatoes once you remove
the cover and see how the tomatoes start to clump
up inside the top of the pulp collector and then
the inside of the lid.
Another lesson learned about making larger batches!

So this prodiced 120oz or 3 quarts, 1 pint and an 8oz taster cup and cost $10.90

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 20:51

Day 12 Dinner Completed
Large Batch

V14
Produced 120oz or 3 quarts,1 pint and and 8oz taster

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 18:42

we ended monday night my day 12 and her day 11 with a snack of an adapted version of brushetta tang and closed out the day having each had 110 oz of juice for the day with a total cost of $25.60 or $12.80 per person. The journey continues on!

Our Brushetta Tang was made with

4 tomatoes
1 handfull parsley
1 handfull cilantro
4 garlic cloves
1/2 lemon

This made 24 oz and cost $3.25

we enjoyed this as a snack and added some pepper and hot sauce to it as well. Also saved the pulp in the freezer (in a ziploc freezer bag) to use at a later date to make salsa.

Stay tuned for tuesdays events may day 13 and her day 12...

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 18:44

Our Brushetta Tang was made with

4 tomatoes
1 handfull parsley
1 handfull cilantro
4 garlic cloves
1/2 lemon

This made 24 oz and cost $3.25

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 19:41

tuesday was day 13 for me and 12 for her, my wifes starting to get sick of the juices but still sticking out the 14 days she committed to and maybe I can get her to go a few extra days if on day 14 she weighs in and theres more weight lost!
The market has mahi-mahi on sale for $3.99 per lb and its usually 7.99 per lb so I went and got 20 1/2 lb filets brought them home and seperated them into 2 filets per bag and froze them so when she cgoes back to eating -and me too- we will have some fish we can grill and put on her salad or just eat by itself. Just handling the fish made me think of food a bit more than i should be right now but at least its healthy food. We went from having a freezer filled with pork and beef of all kinds, to having a freezer filled with bonless skinless chicken breasts, mahi-mahi, tuna, and tallapia. so funny how we have transformed how we look at food and have gone from wanting to eat loads of things that are not healthy for us. we used to eat salad with fish on it as an appetizer then eat a steak each! I can see hoow her view is completely changed on food and shes planning on eating raw fruits and veggies as well as have some juices for at least the first three days after returning to eating then she will still drink some juices and mix in som low fat pprotiens like fish and chicken breast.
Its really amazing how insted of planning feasts like before we are planning juices and salad with fish or chicken for dinner. We have gotten rid of all the creamy dressings and plan to use lemons as dressing as well as just extra virgin olive-oil and basalmic vinegar for the most part. now we analyze all the labels for everything we will eat. The entire house has no more tea or sugar in it and we have revamped our entire pantry to only have healthy thing in it!
The hadest part will be her returning to eating and me not just yet, well see if she will go an extra few days. The other thing will be at times I will have to adapt some of my juice recipes to be smaller batches, but i have really become pretty efficent at making these batches so it will be alot easier for me to make my juces for the day not having to make double all the time.

Tuesday morning we made the morning glory with our usual adaptation of kiwi instead of bluberries and used.

Morning glory

5 Green apples
2" ginger
3 kiwi
3 sm cucumbers
4 pc kale
5 cups grapes

This produced 56oz or 2*28oz servings and cost $6.75

we both really enjoy this juice and drink each of our 28oz pretty fast.

For lunch we made our Peach Pie Juice recipe and used

Peach Pie Juice

3 Lg sweet potatoes (peeled)
2 red apples (cored)
4 peaches (pitted)
Added cinnamon to the bottom of each mason jar so once we add the juce we can shake it up really good to mix in the cinnamon

this produced 48oz or 2*24oz servings and cost $5.55

we were able to bring the cost of this down a bit from last time due to the peaches we bought this time were on sale and the 4 peaches only cost us $1.50. too bad the sweet potatos are still not on sale and cost us nearly $1.00 each.

For dinner we made the v14 but this time we didnt have zuchinni or basil and added a green pepper. adding the green pepper did change the flavor quite a bit but still we love all versions we have done of this..but all in all it still ended up with 14 ingredients anyhow!

V14 Addapted a bit different we used

7 tomatoes
1 small yellow pepper
1 small red pepper
1 small orange pepper
1 med green pepper
2 lg handfulls spinach (1/2 bundle)
2 cucumbers
1 lime
1 red onion
1 lg handful cilantro (1/2 bundle)
5 carrots
7 pc celery
1 jalapeno
3 garlic cloves

this made 128oz or 4 full quarts anc cost $9.95

we each drank 2 quarts of this over the course of the evening and of course added some hot sauce to mine and tobasco to hers. Some was drank cold and some heated with a little pepper added.

So ending day 13 for me and 12 for her we each had consumed about 110 oz each with total cost for the day of $21.50 or $10.75 each. I think shes sort of watching the clock so to speak of when she will end her fast and return to food as sh has told me afew times that she misses the food but definately has changed the way she looks at it though!

Wednesday is my day 14 and her 13 and we will be having more green juices for the day and no tomato creation for dinner..stay tuned to see how we make out for wednesday!

I hope everyone is hving a great day and staying healthy!

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 19:44

Morning glory

5 Green apples
2" ginger
3 kiwi
3 sm cucumbers
4 pc kale
5 cups grapes

This produced 56oz or 2*28oz servings and cost $6.75

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 19:47

Peach Pie Juice

3 Lg sweet potatoes (peeled)
2 red apples (cored)
4 peaches (pitted)
Added cinnamon to the bottom of each
mason jar so once we add the juce we
can shake it up really good to mix in
the cinnamon

this produced 48oz or 2*24oz servings and cost $5.55

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 19:48

Peach Pie juice Prep

After some labor

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 19:49

Peach Pie Juice Complete
Produced 28oz or 2*24oz servings
Cost $5.55

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 23, 2013, 19:51

V14 Prep
Produced 128oz or 4 full quarts
Cost $9.95

Addapted a bit different we used

7 tomatoes
1 small yellow pepper
1 small red pepper
1 small orange pepper
1 med green pepper
2 cucumbers
1 lime
1 red onion
1 lg handful cilantro (1/2 bundle)
5 carrots
7 pc celery
1 jalapeno
3 garlic cloves

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 19:51

wednesday was my day 14 and her day 13 and we had jolt juice for breakfast, sun kissed juice like we made the other day with the beets and green machine for dinner. we also made what im calling rainbow salad juice and used the following to make it.

Rainbow salad juice

1/2 lemon
2 zucchini
2 tomatoes
3 carrots
1/4 red onion
3 handfulls spinach (1/2 bundle)
4 gren onions
4 pc celery
3 cloves garlic
1 cucumber
1/2 lime
2 handfulls cilantro (1/2 bundle)
2 orange peppers
1 jalapeno
we added some sea salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil to the bottom of each mason jar and shook it up with the juice to give it a bit of a different flavor.

This produced 64oz or 2 full quarts and cost $7.00

these type of juices are by far our favorites and we had no problem making it thru the day. We each drank a full quart of the rainbow salad even though it was supposed to just be a late night snack!

To close wednesday we each had drank about 110oz of juice for a total cost of $22.60 or $11.30 for each person.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 19:55

Rainbow salad juice
produced 64oz or 2 full quarts
cost $7.00

1/2 lemon
2 zucchini
2 tomatoes
3 carrots
1/4 red onion
3 handfulls spinach (1/2 bundle)
4 gren onions
4 pc celery
3 cloves garlic
1 cucumber
1/2 lime
2 handfulls cilantro (1/2 bundle)
2 orange peppers
1 jalapeno
we added some sea salt and 1 tbsp of
olive oil to the bottom of each mason
jar and shook it up with the juice to
give it a bit of a different flavor.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 19:57

Rainbow salad juice complete
produced 64oz or 2 full quarts
cost $7.00

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 20:47

thursday was day 15 for me and her day 14- the final day for her juice fast!
we wighed in and shes at 118lbs and in 14 days thats aloss of 12 lbs
my weight was at 247 and for my 15 days thats loss so far of 17 lbs and still going!

for breakfast we had the jolt juice again and for lunch made splash of sun juice which is really simple and delish!

Splash of sun juice

6 carrots
4 oranges
2" ginger

this produced 32oz and only cost $2.30

for dinner we made a sweet and tangy juice with radishes

Sweet & Tangy Juice

12 small radishes
2 red apples
2 pears
1 lemon
1/2 bundle of spinach

this produced 32oz and cost $3.50

now this one does have a seriously funny smell because of the radishes but tastes nothing like it smells- it really sweet and funny how you nose smells one thing andf then once you taste it its like your mind playing tricks on you. The smell kinda turnned my wife off of it butonce you get past that its pretty tasty and rather sweet.

Later in the nigh we made something pretty different from some recipe ideas i have seen before and were calling it

Spicy Pineapple Juice

1 whole pineapple
6 pc celery
8 pc kale
1 handful of parsley
1 jalapeno

This produced 48oz or 2*24oz servings and cost $6.55

now i know that you thinking a jalapeno with pineapple-thats strange, but this drink is perfectly spicy sweet and the jalapeno works perfectly with all the other ingredients

so for thursdays close we each drank about 80oz of juice for the day with a total cost of $17.55 or $8.78 each person.

Thursday closes out her juice fast and she had some steamed veggies with lemon

friday my day 16 she took a jolt juice with her to work and i made a citrus juice for breakfast
her plan is to juice for breakfast and eat only raw fruits and veggies on salad for lunch with just lemons as dressing or using dressings that we are making ourselves. will put up some of those recipes for anyone who wants to make their own dressings-they keep for up to a week in the fridge in a mason jar. then she will have juice for dinner time and then after the fist three days of of eating basically the raw items of what we were juicing then she will incorporate some lean protien on her salads still eating around lunch or dinner time and juicing for breakfast and jucing at night.
The freezer has only chicken breasts and fish in it thats it. well it also has lots of pulp that we saved from the tomato based juices that we are going to make sala out of. the idea is to defrost the pulp and just add to it some fresh chopped tomato, red onions and jalapeno this shuold be some pretty tasty salsa. we will use the salsa as a topping for fish and or chicken as well as to add some to a salad. also another great idea given to me from andy(thanks andy) making chips out of zucchini, eggplant, plantains and whatever we can slice thinly and bake. the last thing we want to have is any bread at all so i thought that to be a great healthy alternative.

the citrus juice i made was

4 oranges
4 grapefruits

this made 44oz and cost $3.40

it was anice treat for me to have just citrus juice and was delish poured over ice.

stay tunned for fridays further juice creations as well as salad dressing creations

I hope everyone is having a wonderful friday afternoon and staying healthy!\update soonest
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 20:50

Splash of sun juice

6 carrots
4 oranges
2" ginger

this produced 32oz and only cost $2.30

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 20:53

Splash of sun juice

produced 32oz and only cost $2.30

yes the picture above shows 5 oranges but
the recipe calls for 4 -I counted those
2 tiny oranges as one

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 20:55

Sweet & Tangy Juice

12 small radishes
2 red apples
2 pears
1 lemon
1/2 bundle of spinach

this produced 32oz and cost $3.50

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 20:57

Sweet & Tangy Juice Complete
produced 32oz
cost $3.50

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 20:59

Spicy Pineapple Juice

1 whole pineapple
6 pc celery
8 pc kale
1 handful of parsley
1 jalapeno

This produced 48oz or 2*24oz servings and cost $6.55

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 21:01

Spicy Pineapple Juice Prep after some labor

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 21:02

Spicy Pineapple Juice Complete
produced 48oz or 2*24oz servings
cost $6.55

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 25, 2013, 21:05

Citrus Juice

4 oranges
4 grapefruits

this made 44oz and cost $3.40

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 26, 2013, 20:45

friday afternoon still day 16 we made the v14 for lunch and basically it made 4 quarts so it was lunch and dinner running low on some ingredients we substituted a few and not having any red or orange peppers took away some of the spice im used to but still this was a great drink

v14 substituted ingredients we used

6 basil leavs
7 tomatoes
1 green pepper
2 handfuls spinach (1/2 bundle)
2 cucumbers
1 lime
5 green onions
1/2 bunch cilantro
5 carrots
7 pc celery
1 jalapeno
3 garlic cloves

this produced 4 full quarts and only cost $8.80
juicnig the tomatoes very last really helps to get the most juice from this recipe.
we enjoyed it heated and drank as suop with some cayenne pepper added in as well as some hot sauce. delish!

She ate a salad mid day with balsalmic vinegar on it and veggies, and still had some juice as well in the evening. so to end friday she had 32oz of juice and a salad while I drank 108oz ans still no solid foods. making the cost of our combined 132oz of juice for the day $12.20+ about $1.30 for the cost of making her salad.

Saturday day 17 i weighed in at 246lbs which puts me down 18lbs so far on this journey, stocked up at the farmers market early and ready for another week!

today for breakfast I drank some more of the leftover v14 from yesterday since i had drank 2 quarts yesterday and she drank one we still had one more left and i drank about 20 oz to start the day. she had a green apple for breakfast.

for lunch i finished off the v14 and she made a big salad so she could eat one now and one later

ALSO we made a really nice healthy dressing from scratch that will keep for up to a week in the fridge, but it wont last that long.

It has some dijon mustard in it (organinc is best for you-but i suppose 2 tbs of grey poupon never killed anyone)

TANGY Dressing

2 heaping tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsalmic vinegar
3/4 lemon squeezed
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper

this turnned out really nice and we stored it using an old salad dressing container. I tasted it and its really yummy. She had it on her salad and was very happy with this dressing and kept saying how delishious it was. after her juice fast she can really tell how her taste buds have come back to life!!
so good we immidiately made another batch and that filled up the salad dressing container about 3/4 of the way. on a side note we made room for the extra dressing container by throwing out the chocolate syrup..lol..we figure we will not need that or miss it in our new heathier way of living!

stay tuned to see what we will creat for juice dinner tonight as well as other salad dressing creations!

I hope everyone is having a great saturday afternoon and keeping healthy!

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 26, 2013, 20:55

v14 substituted ingredients we used
produced 4 full quarts
cost $8.80

6 basil leavs
7 tomatoes
1 green pepper
2 handfuls spinach (1/2 bundle)
2 cucumbers
1 lime
5 green onions
1/2 bunch cilantro
5 carrots
7 pc celery
1 jalapeno
3 garlic cloves

juicnig the tomatoes very
last really helps to get
the most juice from this recipe.
we enjoyed it heated and drank
as suop with some cayenne pepper
added in as well as some hot sauce.

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 27, 2013, 11:33

Hi Raydiouguy.
I am following your juicing journey with great interest but I am having to stop as all your excellent pictures take so long to load!!!
Even on my home wifi it takes a while to load each page. Are you putting the pics on at high resolution? If so, maybe it would be worth reducing them a little.
Great work with the juicing, especially now the vodka has gone!
I am 95% raw at the moment with ocassional juices and am considering a short juice fast when I feel ready. Greatly inspired by yourselves and others on JOJ.
Keep up the good work.
Gary

Pages: First << 3 4 5 6 7

Tags: , , , ,