twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
Re: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th
on: October 27, 2013, 18:28

Hi Gary,

thank you for your interest in our journey its been a wild ride so far!

AS far as the pics go you will start to see very few- as alot of the recipes are the same as previous pages and between yesterday and today only took one pic as I cant help myself because all the colors come out amazing.
Yes it stinks to have slow internet but i thought in the beginning the pics were a great way to illustrate our journey, so as we get on to page seven you will see very very few pics if any along the way. we are even going back to previous pages and copying alot of our recipes as we use them again but not taking pics.

keep in touch and let us know how you make out when going on your fast

Stay healthy
Best Regards
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 27, 2013, 18:52

Saturday my day 17 ended with us making the veggie extreme pizza like the other day and we used

Veggie pizza extreme

6 tomatoes
1 red onion
4 carrots
3 pc celery
2 serrano peppers
6 cloves garlic
2 handfuls parsley (1/2 bundle)
2 small yellow peppers
2 small red peppers
6 basil leaves
3 handfuls spinach (1/2 bundle)
6 tbsp tomato paste- the one which ingredients are only tomatoes

this produced 3 quarts and cost $9.05

we added 3 tbsp of the tomato paste to each jar as well as a small amount of sea salt and a splash of olive oil and shook vigorusly once the juice was in there to dissolve the paste- when heating them up the tomato paste really thinkens the soup and has no truoble disolvnig
we drank ours heated up as soup and it just tastes soo good! then saved the extra quart for snacking in the night and my lunch sunday.

So ive made it thu her first days of eating without much craving for the food.

Today is sunday my day18 and we both had morning glory for breakfast the usual way we make it by replacing the blueberries with kiwis

5 apples, 2" ginger, 3 kiwi, 3 small cucumbers, 4pc kale, 5 cups grapes- this produced 56oz or 2*28 oz servings with a cost of $6.65.

She will be grilling some mahi-mahi today for her to eat along with some grilled zucchinis
she cut the zicchinis long ways so she got severl flat pcs all about the same thinkness and shes marinating them in some of that tangy dressing we made yesterday. she will eat this around 4pm as a sort of late lunch and then she will have some juice with me tonight when i make my dinner juice.

Also she created some slasa using some of the pulp from last nights veggie pizza extreme, so heres a nice recipe for some salsa. she took out from the pulp some of the pcs of carrots that were in there and chopped up any pcs of stuff that was in there but a little big for salsa.

Kari's Salsa Creation:

1 tomato chopped
1 1/2 lime squeezed
1/4 red onion chopped
1 small handfull cilantro chopped
1 cup Pulp (the cup waas pretty full and packed tightly)
1/2 serrano pepper chopped finely-
(we would normally put 1 jalapeno chopped finely but all we had were serranos)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt

thers you have it nice and healthy oviously you can swap the peppers for less hot ones depending on your taste. She is also marinating the mahi mahi in the tangy dressing we made yesterday as well.

now your all caught up and me not eating and her eating! Stay tunned for more healthy ideas and see what I will creat for dinner tonight!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying healthy!

-watching some sunday football without a feast around me is definately different than waht ive done in the past- more things in my life that have changed for the better!

updates later
Ray

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 27, 2013, 21:02

Hi Ray.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, the pictures do look great. I had a green juice today and couldn't resist taking a picture because of the incredible colour!
Have you decided on a 30 or 60 day fast yet or are you just keeping your options open for now?
Looking forward to your next post and especially interested in weight loss (or gain) during your fast.
Regards.
Gary.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 28, 2013, 16:00

Hi Gary,

havent really decided on if I will go to 60 days or not...my goal is to get to 30 days and decide. I could possibly stop at thirty and start to eat slowly and healthy like my wife is doing and then do another two weeks the following month and two more weeks the month after that. Breaking it up will help me i think since im having to watch all this great tasting stuff my wife and i are creating and not eat any, but i wont decide until i get to thirty days though.

I may have started this to loose weight but i have gained so much more along the way- including that our entire way of looking and food has changed and our pantry and fridge are filled with nothing but fruits veggies fish and chicken! Our taste buds are really alive and sensitve as well as our minds just seem to be more clear in our way of thinking about everything. with each day i gain more clarity and find myself really thinking about healthy things as opposed to junk foods and sugary unheathy foods- its really amazing -its just a total reboot like when you reboot your computer only i rebooted my life and lifestyle that i lived for the last 43 years!
But of course there is the weight loss which as of monday morning I am down to 244 Lbs and have lost 20 lbs in the first 18 days of this juice fast! and even if i were to go back to eating I would still juice 2 times a day and have a salad and some lean protiens as one meal a day just like my wife is doing now, but would still contiue to loose more weight anyhow just not as fast im sure.

Its getting harder as her grilled mahi mahi and grilled zucchini looked and smelled amazing not to mention the huge pile of salsa she had on her plate too that she even put some on top of the fish! this was her fist day of incorporating any lean protien back into her diet.
im not gonna let that sidetrack me but its definately harder as shes eating now and no longer on a juice fast, but at least she is still juicing in the morning and at night so that does help me to stay foucused.

For me thirty days is very close and when it gets here im more likely to just keep going past then just taking it day by day. we shall see how it goes and ill keep everyone updated along the way and still contiue to share some heathy creation recipes along the way.

Let us know how you make out along the way too!

Have a great monday and stay healthy
ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 28, 2013, 16:17

oh I forgot to mention that the salsa recipe above only cost us $1.34 to make and it produced about 20-25oz of salsa. as fasr as costing goes most of those items are very minimal in cost and the pulp i consider free :)

for dinner juice on sunday we just went with citrus juice by using 4 oranges and 4 grepefruits this cost $3.40 and produced 44oz or 2*22oz servings. It was a nice treat for me since I had to watch her earlier eat mahi mahi grilled and grilled zucchini along with a nice pile of her salsa-some she just ate and some she put on top of the fish. She made two pcs of fish which were about 8oz each roughly and she ate 1 pc and a small amount from the other pc and saved the remaining fish to put on her salad for lunch today.

Monday morning I weighed in at 244 lbs so im down 20 lbs at the beginning of day 19 for me. She is only going to weigh herself after a few more day have passed and her goal is to at the lest maintan the 118 lbs and/or continue to loose additional weight- her goal weight is 110 and even if she just maintains her weight by eating heathy she has said she will go on another fast for 2 weeks with me next time i do- she wasnt sure if she would go for 7 or 14 days but i guess well see once we get there-7 day fast is like nothing for her to handle after having done 14 already!

For breakfast we made a double batch of Jolt juice and used the usual 4 green apples, 2 oranges, 1 lemon, 2 cucumbers, 5 pc kale and 1/2 bundle of spinach. which produced 48oz or 2*24oz servings.

for lunch she will eat a cesar salad with her left over fish on it and some of the tangy dressing we made the other day! this will be her second day incorporating a lean protien back into her diet.

Me i will make some juice probably a batch large enough for me to have lunch and dinner out of it as well as have enough for her to have some for dinner to...we shall see and of course I will update it on here along the way!

Everyone have a wonderful monday afternon and keep healthy!
update later

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 29, 2013, 20:28

monday afternoon we made a batch of the V14 and I drank 32oz for lunch and another 32 oz for dinner, she ater her sald with mahi mahi on it for lunch and drank 32oz of the v14 for dinner. Our batch of the v14 produced 4 quarts so we had one left over for us to snack on in the night time.

The v14 was made with

1/2 bundle spinach
1/2 bundle cilantro
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 pc celery
3 cloves garlic
1 lime
1 red onion
1 zucchini
1 small orange pepper
2 small red peppers
7 tomatoes
5-6 leaves basil
1 serrano pepper

this batch produced 4 full quarts and cost $10.90 to make -anyone can always cut the ingredients in this recipe in half and produce only 2 quarts, but we love to eat this warmed up with some cayenne pepper and hot sauce in it and have no problem drinking this for lunch and dinner, After snacking on the remaining quart in the night time we were left with none!

We made another batch of the tangy dressing that we made the other day and the recipe is above. This time we used just a little more dijon mustard and it came out relly amazing. She has been using this on her salads and even as a marinade for veggies and fish. The salsa we made the other day is almost gone and well make another batch of that too using the recipe we posted above- as she likes to put it ontop of her fish, chicken and even on top of salad too-

tuesday morning my day 20 of only drinking juice-
we made the morning glory using the kiwi instead of the blueberries and 5 green apples, 2' ginger, 3 kiwi, 3 small cucumbers, 4pc kale, five cups grapes produced 56oz or 2*28oz servings.

for lunch we made a bloody mary type juice and used

bloody mary juice

6 tomatoes
1 small red pepper
2 small orange peppers
3 pc celery
2 carrots
2 zucchini
9 basil leaves
1 small handfull parsley
1/4 red onion
3/4 of a jalapeno

we sprinklied some sea salt and a tsp of olive oil in the bottom of the mason jars and once we added the juice shook it up and got a really nice juice.

This produced 80 oz of juice or 2 quarts and 1 pint with a total cost of $8.25

i dank the pint for lunch and we saved the remaining 2 quarts for dinner time-one for each of us. For lunch she ate a salad with some grilled chicken breast on it with some tomatoes and cucumbers mixed in as well. She used the tangy dressing we made for the dressing,so today is the 3rd day she had incorporated a lean protien into her diet while still juicing in the am and pm.

tomorrow will be day 21 for me and still going strong! we will both weigh in again soon...

Hope everyone is having a great tuesday afternoon and staying healthy!

Ray

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 29, 2013, 21:39

Thanks for the update Ray. Excellent weight loss, I'm sure you are pleased with that. Sounds like the detox is working too with all your new found clarity of mind. I must say, my rawfood diet is giving me similar results. I have been raw for 2 weeks and have lost 6kgs (13lbs) so far. I guess with all the fibre I won't be getting such a powerful detox as juicing but I have noticed a few things happen to my body since starting. On my second day I had a nasty headache after a green juice and on my 8th day I was terribly low for most of the day. The other things have been good reactions. I started the diet because of a poor BP result recently which was 157/90. I re-tested today at 118/79 which I am sure you will know is close to perfect. I have several aches and pains, especially in my elbows. This has reduced dramatically so I am very pleased with that. I also had dark blue/black patches around my inner ankle bones that have almost disappeared. They looked similar to the dark patches we sometimes get under our eyes. The dry flaky skin around my heels has completely gone. Mentally I am amazingly calm and clear, and I am having little trouble sticking with the regime. All diets in the past have floundered after a couple of days. I have had numbness and pain in my left leg for exactly a year as a result of a trapped nerve. The pain has gone completely and the numbness has improved a little. Actually, I didn't really realise how many improvements I have had until I just wrote them down! I have decided against a juice fast while I am going so
well.
Gary.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 30, 2013, 20:44

Hi Gary,

ah yes the sered tuna you read my mind!! yes it is really amazing how much the juice fast fixes so many of our ailments! my bp is also down to normal and my complexion has really gotten very clear & have yet to see any pimples since being on the juice fast-well after the first 5 or six a days anyhow. Keep up the great work and keep eating healthy it is a much better way to live!
Have a great afternoon
Ray

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 30, 2013, 21:09

Thanks Ray.
We all need to keep it healthy or feel crap in later years. Becoming an easy choice for me at 52!
Gary

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 30, 2013, 21:11

to end day 20 on tuesday night I actually ate about 5 cashews and finished off the salsa we made from the pulp- it was about 6 or seven bites- but oh man how good it tasted- it was really that i just took a bite without even reazlizing that i wasnt supposed to be eating and it was so good I had a few more and then the cashews were like dessert..lol but at least the salsa was comprised of everything we have been juicing and not like i went out for pizza or anything! I had no issuesd with my stomach over the night or the next morning. I picked myself up,dusted off the dirt and am keeping at it!

Then i heated up some juice and drank it like soup trying to wash away any tase that i still had for solid food!
we started day 21 with a

halloween special with

2 red apples, 2 golden delish apples, 5 carrots, and 1 mini pumpkin

we added some cinnamon to the jars and mixed it well with the juice
This produced 56oz or 2*28oz servings and cost $4.50

it was pretty tasty and we both drank our serving in no time. for lunch she had baked mahi mahi on top of her cesar salad with tomatoes and cucumbers- for the dressing she used the tangy dressing we made.

For my lunch i made a bloody mary type drink using

6 tomatoes
1 lg cucumber
1 lime
4 lg carrots
4 pc celery
1 hanfull parsley
1 zucchini
4 green onions
1/4 jalapeno
6 basil leaves
4 pc kale
1 hanful spinach

this made 80oz or 2 quarts and a pint and cost $6.80

I drank the pint for lunch and we saved the 2 remaining quarts for our dinner later

this was very nice blend and im looking forward to heating it up later and adding some cayenne pepper to it with some tobasco!

today I did find myself drinking more water than previous days but i guess thats my bidy telling me it wants to flush out the cashews and salsa i ate last night!

other than that solid food adventure yesterday-i find myself coasting thru day 21 with no problem and weighed 243 lbs when i weighed myself this morning - she still weighs 118 lbs and she has been eating very heathy- today we got some organinc dijon mustard and was incredibly surprised to find that it costed almost haldf of what grey poupon costs- we will use this in the making of the tangy dressing
our next dressing recipe will be a ginger wasabi dressing- stay tunned for that one.
she got some shrip to put on skewers and grill friday night for her dinner- we will put some sort of veggies on the skewer as well- let you know how we make that. we still cant belive that our entire fridge consists of only fruits veggies chicken breast and fish and she doesnt miss the breads or red meat and im sure once i start eating solids again i will not miss it either asthis juuice fast has transformed our lives for the better in every way!

everyone have agreat eveing and keep eating heathy for a better way of life!

updates later

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: November 4, 2013, 16:06

made it thru thursday halloweeen my day 22 with no problems and moved on to friday day 23 with a weigh in at 241 LBS in the morning making me have lost 23 lBs. we both had jolt juice for breakfast and made a v10 creation for lunch with

5 tomatoes
1 cucumber
4 carrots
5 pc celery
hanful cilantro
1 zucchini
1 lime
1 green pepper
1 jalapeno
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves

this made 3 full quarts or 96oz and cost only $6.85 to make

we heated it up for lunch and each drank a quart then saved the remaining quart for dinner time, only thing was that for dinner i would be grilling her some shrimps and veggies on the grill and oh my the smells were amazin and by the time she was ready to eat i had already ate about 10 shrimp and lots of roasted veggies from the skewers! So needless to say I did not drink the remaining juice for dinner that was my dinner!! of course the flavors were so intense i couldnt stop my self after the first bite!

So on to day 24 saturday we made and both had jolt juice for breakfast and drank the remaining quart of v10 between the two of us that was left from the day before for lunch. And of course the bug was in me so for dinner we grilled up some mahi mahi and roasted some veggies and i ate an 8oz filet and about 20 different pcs of reaosted veggies. my stomach had no issues over those nights.

Sunday we made the morning glory for breakfast and made another batch of the v10 for lunch, Itold my wiffe that i would eat some salad with her for dinner but monday i was going back on the total fast drinking juice only! for the salad on sunday night we made a nice healthy homeade dressing called

Garlic Lime Basil Dressing

1/3 cup lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced or we used a press
4 lg basil leaves chopped
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3-4 dashes of cayenne

this was really a nice dressing to add to romaine lettuce with some avacados, cucumbers, chopped tomatoes & red onion

So it was a rough weekend for me to keep only juicing and i cheated a bit but started monday with us drinking jolt juice and asked her to eat at work and this way tonight for dinner we can both juice and i wont be tempted i took the leftover v10 from sunday with me to work for my lunch and already drank it because it was getting to be about 17-18 hrs old and wanted to still get my nutrients.

the only thing i noticed different since having eaten was my lips became a little chapped- im guessing this was since my body wasnt getting as much nutrients as it was in past days. Tonight we will make a nice batch of the v14 and heat it up for dinner. I made her some fresh salsa using the pulp from a previos v14 recipe so she cuold have some to put on her salad for lunch- this time we made adouble batch from the last time we made it and used

2 tomatoes chopped
2 limes
3/4 red onion
2 handfulls cilantro
2 cups pulp from v14
1 jalapeno
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt

she said its pretty spicy so maybe only use 1/2 jalapeno to cut down on the heat!

I feel like having eaten those few things which were delishious, it has given me new life to continue juicing only juce for alteast another 2 weeks. So far so good for monday beginning only juice again! i guess it will take another few days for me to be totally cleansed again but I am ready to do this and continue on this journey since im down 23lbs and at 241 my true goal weight is 215 so this is another 26 lbs. I figure if i make it 2 more weeks and loose say another 14 lbs then i will be so close to my goal i might just keep on going to the goal! I mean forget about the weight loss for second and see that my skin has cleared up along with my mind too, not to mention how much my taste buds are alive and just one drop of lime juice tastes like i just put the whole lime in my mouth - its truly amazing!

A copule people from my farmers market have seen my results and wanted to go on juice fast to live a more healthier lifestye since their doctor told them both they need to do something because the future wasnt looking good if they didnt change something- so i sent them to donnies site and they did their dilligence and now the past weekend i saw them at the market buying exorbanent amouns of fruits and veggies to start their fast today! Really cool- now when i see them on the weekends we can share and see how we are each doing- I also gave them a few of my recipes that i made up along the way and told them those tomato based drinks with everything in them was how i made it this far!

well thats the ups and down from this weekend and were starting today with a fresh outlook on the next two weeks- today is day 26 but having cheated i guess not totally but im still coutnting this way to see how far i go with it- if i go 2 more weeks just only on juice that will be day 40- minus a couple day that i cheated with healthy food- still pretty good amount of time- my thingis that if go two more weeks then i might as well keep going past thanksgiving so theres nothing unhealthy occuring with me on that day!

well see and i will keep updating along the way till the end and past that even!

everyone have agreat monday
talk soonest
Ray

Pages: First << 4 5 6 7

Tags: , , , ,