twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
Re: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th
on: October 19, 2013, 17:27

Day 9 Breakfast Complete
Morning Glory Double Batch
Produced 64 oz or 2 quarts
Cost $7.50

This was the one where
some kale got into the
juice as you can
see in the pic a little bit

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 17:30

Day 9 Lunch Prep

Gren Machine Double Batch
Produced 52oz or 2*26oz servings
cost $6.55

8 Pcs Kale
4 Green Apples
4 Cups Spinach or what amounts to 2 BIG handfuls
1 Cucumber
4 Pc Celery
2 Carrots
3" Ginger
1 Lemon

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 17:31

Day 9 Lunch Complete
Gren Machine Double Batch
cost $6.55

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 17:34

Day 9 Dinner Prep

Cool Cabbage Juice
Produced 74 oz or 2 quarts and 10oz
Cost $6.60

2 Cucumbers
3 Carrots
5 Pc Celery
1 Whole Mini Head of Green Cabbage
2 Green Apples
3 Kiwi
1 Lemon
2" Ginger
2 Handfulls Spinach

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 17:41

Day 9 Dinner Complete
Cool Cabbage Juice
Produced 74 oz or 2 quarts and 10oz
Cost $6.60

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 18:30

Day 10 morning weight

DOWN 13 LBS since day one

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 16:49

We made it thru day 10 for me and 9 for her by makign the breakfast of Morning glory like yesterdays exactly 5 apples,2" ginger, 3 kiwi, 3 small cucumbers, 4pc kale and 5 cups of grapes. We both really enjoy this drink with the kiwi instead of bluberries and have yet to try it witht he bluberries. This made 64oz or 2 full quarts and we both drank every bit of the quarts.

She went to the beach for afew hours and drank lots of water- came home with a slight headache but overall not feeling bad. I knew she would want something refreshing and thought id try to make a juice called

Pine Lime Lemon Juice

1/2 Pineapples
4 pcs Celery
2 Lemons
2 Limes
2" Ginger

This produced 22oz and cost $2.90

We would consider this a snack drink for future but today called it lunch. It was definately tart and makes your mouth pucker up, perhaps more ginger would have made it better, but this drink really went to work on our stonchs with all that citrus and it wasnt long before we both hit the bathroon and "got cleaned out"!
It was a nice switch and its ok as a snack drink, but definately different. I think I would rather another recipe that calls for pinapple and grapefruit better that I will make later. Even thought to add a grapefruit to this one of perhaps 2 kiwis. Something to think about anyhow. She wasnt very fond of it and I dank 12oz and she (with a face) drank 10oz.

Now, for dinner I took someones Idea of making a Veggie Pizza and took it to the whole next level. This really really was awsome! It calls for the use of some tomato paste and they had used in the past one that the indgredients were jut tomato and citric acid, but I found some that had just tomato and citric acid and others that had those ingredients and a bunch of other JUNK-
But, then while searching the ingredients I found a brand at walmart called Contadina and the ingredients are simply Tomatoes. So I used this one, but you can use the one with just tomatoes and citric acid as well.

The person who I got this idea from in the recipes fourum also posted a link to a web site that shows you how to make your own tomato paste, which is great but im already doing enough work with all these juices and cleaning that I didnt try to make my own but I will post the link later. Anyhow, we had tomato paste in the closet already with just tomato and citric acid but i went to see if there was a more all anatural alternative and there was.

Check this out- Not only did it come out amazing we had ours heated like soup and the tomato paste really thickened the juice/soup up. Keep in mind we didnt have alot for lunch so i was looking to make enough that we could each have at least a quart and then more if we wanted or some for snacking later in the night. I took her basic Idea and we put every veggie you could think of that you would put on a pizza and came up with this. It was an amazing treat and really really hit the spot!

VEGGIE PIZZA EXTREME

6 Tomatoes
1/2 LG Red Onion
1 Small White Onion
4 Carrots
2 Pc Celery
1 Jalepeno Pepper
1 Serrano Pepper
6 Cloves Garlic
2 Handfuls Parsley ( this was about 3/4 of the bundle)
2 Med Green Peppers
6 Basil Leaves
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Pepper
3 Handfulls Spinach (this was about 1/2 of a fairly large bundle)
6 Tbsp Tomato Paste (one that has the ingredients ONLY tomatoes is best)

We placed 2 Tbsp of tomato paste in each quart mason jar this way once we filled each jar we cuold put the lids on and shake vigorusly to disolve the tomato paste- It needed alot of shaking but did the trick- We ate ours heated like soup and the tomato paste really thinkened it up once heated. We had shook what I thought was enough but when we poured it into the pan we still did see a few small dabs that had not dissolved fully yet. Once we heated this was not a problem.

We each ate a full quart and saved the 3rd quart for later which she did drink another pint later heated and I drank the remaining pint cold- once I shook it vigorusly the paste remained liquid and we can tel you this was an amazing treat for both of us. The tomato paste takes it to the whole next level!

the Cost for this was $9.90 and it produced 3 full quarts or 96oz.

When juicing it, we did all the hard items firt then the leafy greens and saved the tomatoes and celery for last. by juicing the tomatoes second to last it prevented us from having to stop halfway thru and clean it as the tomatoes can really cause a backlog in the pulp container and the top of the juicer due to their soft and juicy nature. The celery going last just helped to push thru any remaining juice that was left. So by really thinking it thru we made thre quarts with no problem.

So for the days total we each had 90oz of juice and this total cost was $20.30 or $10.15 per person. Still keeping withthe estimated budget we set in the beginning. So it can be done for $70 per week per person if you shop right and have resonable access to fruits and veggies as well as some good sales to take advantage of.

We ended day 10 for me and 9 for her fairly early and slept great for about 11 hours- even though after about 7 hours we were up a few times but managed to get back to bed and get some extra rest. Feeling great we are continuing on with our journey. Will weigh in again son and let you all know how it goes.

Today for my day 11 and her day 10 will make a nice refreshing pear drink for lunch and who knows what we shall create for dinner...stay tuned!!

Everyone have an amazing sunday and stay healthy!!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:11

Pine Lime Lemon Juice Prep
Produced 22oz
Cost $2.90

1/2 Pineapples
4 pcs Celery
2 Lemons
2 Limes
2" Ginger

We would consider this a snack drink for future but today called it lunch. It was definately tart and makes your mouth pucker up, perhaps more ginger would have made it better, but this drink really went to work on our stonchs with all that citrus and it wasnt long before we both hit the bathroon and "got cleaned out"!

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:15

Pine Lime Lemon Juice PRep After Some labor
Produced 22oz
Cost $2.90

1/2 Pineapples
4 pcs Celery
2 Lemons
2 Limes
2" Ginger

We would consider this a snack drink for
future but today called it lunch.
It was definately tart and makes your
mouth pucker up, perhaps more ginger
would have made it better,
but this drink really went to work on
our stomachs with all that citrus
and it wasnt long before we both hit
the bathroon and "got cleaned out"!

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:17

Pine Lime Lemon Juice Complete
Produced 22oz
Cost $2.90

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:26

Day 10 Dinner Prep
VEGGIE PIZZA EXTREME
Produced 3 full quarts or 96oz
Cost $9.90

6 Tomatoes
1/2 LG Red Onion
1 Small White Onion
4 Carrots
2 Pc Celery
1 Jalepeno Pepper
1 Serrano Pepper
6 Cloves Garlic
2 Handfuls Parsley ( this was about 3/4 of the bundle)
2 Med Green Peppers
6 Basil Leaves
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Pepper
3 Handfulls Spinach (this was about 1/2 of a fairly large bundle)

6 Tbsp Tomato Paste (one that has the ingredients ONLY tomatoes is best)

I found a brand of tomato paste at walmart
called Contadina and the ingredients are
simply Tomatoes.
So I used this one,
but you can use the one with
just tomatoes and citric acid as well.

We placed 2 Tbsp of tomato paste
in each quart mason jar this way
once we filled each jar we cuold
put the lids on and shake
vigorusly to disolve the tomato paste-
It needed alot of shaking but did the trick-
We ate ours heated like soup
and the tomato paste really thinkened
it up once heated.
We had shook what I thought was enough
but when we poured it into the pan
we still did see a few small dabs that
had not dissolved fully yet.
Once we heated this was not a problem.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:29

Tomato paste Ingredients

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:30

Day 10 Dinner Complete

VEGGIE PIZZA EXTREME
Produced 3 full quarts or 96oz
Cost $9.90

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:34

Day 11 for me and 10 for her was sunday and it was rough going for her as she wasnt liking the juices and she kept saying she was hungry and shes starving herself, so of course this made it harder for me as well. She commited in the beginning to 14 days min and I told her you have come this far so you can make it to the end! So yes I had to endure alot of comlaining frmo her and she was quite grumpy all day long! She took a nap around 5pm for about 2 hours and when she woke up she wasnt much better im sorry to say. Her being like this also led to low juice intakes for the day and had

Jolt juice double batch for breakfast using
4 green apples
2 oranges
1 lemon
2 cucumbers
5 pc kale
2 Lg handfulls spinach (about half a bundle)

produced 44oz or 2*22oz servings

And learning from previous juices made we are now cutting the apples a little bit smaller than we have been and this made it easier on the juicer.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:36

Day eleven breakfast prep jolt juice
Produced 44oz
Cost$5.20

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:44

For lunch on my day11 and her day ten I tried to make something sweet so she would gain some energy and I guees there are other energy ones out there but I made a

Pear Juice Mix and used

4 pears
4 green apples
6pc celery
2 lemons

This produced 52oz or 2*26oz servings and cost $4.10

Now I liked this one but you can definately taste the celery and thought perhaps next time cut back one or two stalks of celery from the ingredients or add another half of lemon. Regardless I likede fact you could taste each and every ingredient with every sip. The addl celery flavor may have also been there as I had left the leaves on the stalks because on most of the recipes leaving the leaves on doesnt matter beacuse the other ingredients overpower the celery. So one or two less stalks and/or no leaves on the celery, but all in all a good drink filled with vitamins and dietary fibers.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:49

Day 11 Lunch Prep
Pear Juice Mix

4 pears
4 Green Apples
6 Pc Celery
2 Lemon

maybe use 4 stalks celery next time..
or dont juice the leaves on the
celery stalks....

Still cutting the apples and pears
a bit smaller than usual to be
easier on the juicer.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:51

Day 11 Lunch Complete

Pear Juice Mix
Cost $4.10

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:56

We made a snack later in the day just using the ingredients of what we would use to make salsa and called this one simply

Salsa Juice

4 Tomatoes
1 Lg Handfull Cilantro ( about half a bundle)
3/4 Red Onion
1 Jalapeno

This produced 28oz and Cost $3.45

Now we usually use 1 jalapeno for things that make 2-3 quarts so using a whole one here made it too spicy for her but it tasted just like salsa. For the future we will make this but only use 1/4 of the jalapeno.
She only drank 6-8oz of this one and I drank the rest.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:58

Day 11 Snack prep

Salsa juice
Produced 28oz
Cost $3.45

4 tomatoes
1 lg handful cilantro
3/4 red onion
1 jalapeno (only use 1/4 in the future)

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 19:59

Day 11 Snack

Salsa juice complete
Produced 28oz
Cost $3.45

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 20:17

Now with her not happy withthe snack drink and still pretty grumpy I thought to make something that has some nutrients and we had some romaine that we needed to use so we made a double batch of

green giant juice

2 big heads romaine
6 big handfuls spinach (used a whole lg bundle)
2 cucumbers
4 pc celery
1 green apple
2 oranges
2 lemons
2 cups pomegranate seeds

This produced 74 oz or 2 quarts and 10oz taster
Cost $9.05

Now let me tell you this was very green tasting and she begrudginly drank it but asked me to never make it again!
I thought how could i make it taste more like a salad for her and me too....and i came up with trying a small amount of basalmic vinegar in a glass then added some of the juice..wula! it tasted like a salad and i proceeded to pour more basalmic vinegar in mine and her drinks..this made it different enough since we like vinegar and she drank 20 oz and i dank 20 oz and snacked on the rest in the night which was a whole quart ..the thing was we ran out of basalmic vinegar from when we added it to ours earlier so for this last quart I added red wine vinegar and it again did the trick!
yes we were able to use the romaine but I will be steering clear from this drink in the future and just not buy any romaine fr a while..lol
Honetly witht he vinegar it really tasted like i was drinking a salad so it wasnt horrible for me but she wrote down on the fridge for me to never make this for her again in case i fogot the 20 times when she toldme as she was drinking it!

So an off day for her and not the best creation in the world for dinner left us with her having drank 76oz for the day and me drinking 88oz plus most of the quart i snaked on in the night here and there. Bringing the total cost for this day to $21.80 or $10.90 each and i think if I would have made a tomato based drink creation for dinner we would have gotten more bang for our dollars instead of the dinner we made, but ok lessons learned in the journey every day!

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 20:21

green giant juice double batch
had some romaine that needed using!
produced 74 oz or 2 quarts and 10oz taster
Cost $9.05

2 big heads romaine
6 big handfulls spinach (used a whole lg bundle)
2 cucumbers
4 pc celery
1 green apple
2 oranges
2 lemons
2 cups pomegranate seeds

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 20:42

Day 12 for me and 11 for her we weighed in on in the morning and I am down 16 Lbs from day one and now weigh 248lbs.
She was dissapointed to see the scale still at 121- the same as saturday. so she bagan to complain that shes starving herself for no reason and the grumpiness continued. I explained to her just stick it out as the weights fluctuate from day to da yand explained to her that when i was at the store Sunday that I weighed myself and instead of it reading 251 like on sat it read 252 ! and then go figure when i went in the am with her monday it read 248..the more true am reading!

Well she becamse less grumpy after having a healthy jolt juice loaded with spinach and kale, then felt better as the day went on and we made the butternut squash recipe that we made the other day

Nicks fall Special Butternut Squash

Now i posted the other day that i read somewhere that for squash and pumpkin recipes to use any apples BUT green ones and today we only had green ones and she wanted the butternut squash so we used

1 whole butternut squash
4 green apples
5 carrots
sprinkled cinnamon powder in the bottom of each mason jasr so when we added the jucie we could shake vigorusly
this produced 48oz or 2*24oz servings and cost $6.25

having used the green apples this took away from some of the swwetness this drink is supposed to have, but it was still good just not the same as when we used golden delish apples. So definately follow that rule for pumpkin and squash drinks use any apple but green. Still we each drank 24oz.

we needed to make dinners to take to work so after lunch i prepared to make the drink I call V14 due to the 14 ingredients in it

V14 was made with

2 LG handfulls of spinach (1/2 Lg bundle)
1 bunch of cilantro (1/2 bundle)
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 stalks of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime
1 red onion
1 zuchini
1 small yellow pepper
2 small red peppers
7 tomatoes
4-5 leaves of basil
1 jalapeno

Learning from previous juices we juiced everything but the spinach and tomatoes then we juiced the spinach and last the tomatoes
The tomatoes can sort of back everything else up and cause us to have to stop half way through and clean it out before finishing because we used to do the tomatoes first. Now having done the tomatoes last this same recipes from the other day got anextra 18oz more than we did the other day. You kinda see what i mean about the tomatoes once you remove the cover and see how the tomatoes start to clump up inside the top of the pulp collector and then the inside of the lid. Another lesson learned about making larger batches!

So this prodiced 120oz or 3 quarts, 1 pint and an 8oz taster cup and cost $10.90

She took with her 1 quart and a pint and I took with me 1 quart and pint, leavng behind 1 pint for us to snack on later. She and I both really love the tomato based drinks and she was much happer knowing that she had that to drink while at work tonight and not a super green one. Still tomatoes have lots of vitamins and dietary firbers as well, not to mention all the other ingredients are full of things that make the body healthy!

Tha about sums up the day so far, will update with how we are making out later on!
Everyone stay healthy and have awonderful evening tonight :)
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 21, 2013, 20:45

Nicks fall Special Butternut Squash

Now i posted the other day that i read
somewhere that for squash and pumpkin
recipes to use any apples BUT green
ones and today we only had green ones
and she wanted the butternut squash
so we used