twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
Re: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th
on: October 16, 2013, 19:29

Morning Glory Complete
Cost for this was $7.50
Produced 2 full quarts or 64oz

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 19:45

For lunch today we had a little treat and it doesnt have any greens in it....

Peach Pie Juice

3 Sweet Potatos Peeled and cut down
2 Golden Delish Apples ( always Core the apples in any juice)
4 Peaches Pitted
Add cinnamon to the bottom of the mason jar this way you can shake it up really good once you pour the juice in there.
Total Cost for ths Juice is $6.30
Produced 48 oz or 2*24oz servings

Wulla! peach pie in a glass! Delish! I Will make this in the future but as a snack drink, today we just splurged and treated ourselves to something different for lunch and we will load up on greens for dinner to make up for it. I cant think of any changes or additions to make on this one and it produced a good amount of juice. Pics below
More info later today
Juice on!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 19:47

Peach Pie Juice Prep

3 Sweet Potatos Peeled and cut down
2 Golden Delish Apples ( always Core the apples in any juice)
4 Peaches Pitted

Add cinnamon to the bottom of the mason jar this way you can shake it up really good once you pour the juice in there.

Total Cost for ths Juice is $6.30

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 19:48

Peach Pie Juice Prep after some labor

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 19:50

Peach Pie Juice Complete
Total Cost for this Juice is $6.30

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 17, 2013, 19:02

Day seven for me and 6 for my wife- things are getting alot easier for her and myself as well- no more sore muscles and we dont really crave food- oh and no more dreams about food - we both have been sleeping like babies and notice how our we get colder more easily now too -as opposed to me sweating alot during the night like before juicing- its really amazing how the body works-

Since day one we have stopped watching food shows which we used to watch alot like bizzare foods with andrew zimmern or anthony bourdaines show- not to mention the bbq pittmasters one as well and adam richmans man vs food---hahaha yes so basically we havent been tunning into the travel channel since oct 10th- because when we watch these shows it can definately kick in the mental cravings so we just dont tempt ourselves. Theres no more iced tea in the fridge decaf or regular and the fridge has only fruits ,veggies and seltzer water in it. We just took away all the temptations and replaced them with heathier options like pinnaple and kale hahahaha. She did try the all natural 100% coconut water and she didnt like it. so its just juices, water and seltzer water for us. Its gonig great and we are both noticing the weight dissaperaing on each other. well weigh in again soon.

Dinner we made the V14 but switched up a few things like more spinach-no basil, only one orange pepper and added 2 serrano peppers to the mix

I just called it V14 Serrano Juicewe used

3 lg handfulls of spinach
1 lg handful of cilantro
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 stalks of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime
1/2 red onion
1 zuchini
1 small orange pepper
7 tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper
2 Serrano peppers

Total Cost for this was $9.10
Produced 3 Full quarts or 96oz
Several drops of hot sauce were added to the 3 quarts of juice prior to pouring into the jars and this also helped dissapate any foam that made it into the larger pitcher where we collect and mix all our juices prior to pouring into the jars.
We both really enjoy this juice Heated like soup and/or at room temperature as well as once chilled- the flavors of all the veggies just really come alive in your mouth. We each had no problem drinking a full quart and snacking on the 3rd quart later in the night!

So at the end of day seven for me and 6 for her we had consumed 104 oz's or 3 quarts and one cup EACH for the day- by each of us drinking a combined 76 oz for breakfast(20oz each) lunch(24oz each) and dinner(32oz each) -then snacking on the extras we had which was another 28 oz each. Making the total cost for the day $22.90 or $11.45 per person.

Pics below
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 17, 2013, 19:04

V14 Serrano Juice prep

3 lg handfulls of spinach
1 lg handful of cilantro,
2 cucumbers
5 carrots
7 stalks of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime
1/2 red onion
1 zuchini
1 small orange pepper
7 tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper
2 Serrano peppers

Several drops of hot sauce were added to the 3 quarts of juice prior to pouring into the jars and this also helped dissapate any foam that made it into the larger pitcher where we collect and mix all our juices prior to pouring into the jars.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 17, 2013, 19:06

V14 Serrano Juice Complete

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 17, 2013, 19:10

Stay tunned for day eights creations!

We hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far!

We are felling really energized today on my day 8 and her day seven.

Update soonest
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 16:52

Thursday was day eight for me and seven for her for breakfast we made a batch of Jolt Juice that used
4 green apples
2 oranges
1 lemon
2 cucumbers
5 kale stalks
2 handfuls of spinach

this produced 44oz or 2*22oz servings
Cost $5.20

we each drank our 22oz pretty qickly with the juice poured over ice and always love the breakfast juices. With the start of the day we had no thoughts of eating food and once we drank our breakfast jucie had more energy than when we woke up as it was a bit hard to wake up this morning.
Pics below
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 16:59

Jolt Juice Double batch Prep
Produced 44oz or 2*22oz servings
Cost $5.20

4 green apples
2 oranges
1 lemon
2 cucumbers
5 kale stalks
2 handfuls of spinach

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:01

Jolt Juice Double batch Complete
Produced 44oz or 2*22oz servings
Cost $5.20

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:20

Day eight Lunch we made

Tropical Green Lemonade and used

1 whole pineapple
3 kale stalks
3 cucumbers
4 green apples
2 handfuls spinach
1 lemon

This produced a good amount of juice 80oz or 2 quarts and a pint
Cost $7.35

Now while we do cut the rind off the pinapple we usually cut into 4 sections so we juice the core as well, this can be a bit rough on the juicer and it did get some very small pcs of the pinnaple into the juice. Cutting the pinaepple into smaller pcs will probably help and leaving out the core im sure, but i think we get plenty of juice from the core and the core of the pineapple cant be as rough on the juicer as the sweet potato pcs are-those were pretty hard when we made the peach pie juice the other day. we juiced the pineapple second to last of all the items and the kale was last.

We both love this juice and anyone that we have let taste it really loves it too! For me I will still continue to juice the core. we cut it into 4 long sections so each section only has a small amount of the core to be juiced.

We each took a quart with us for lunch at work and drank about 16oz at first then a few hours later each drank the other 16oz. We saved the extra pint to snack on later.

Dinner on day eight to follow
ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:23

Day eight Lunch Prep
Tropical Green Lemonade
Produced 80oz or 2 quarts and a pint
Cost $7.35

1 whole pineapple
3 kale stalks
3 cucumbers
4 green apples
2 handfuls spinach
1 lemon

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:25

Day eight Lunch Prep after some labor

Tropical Green Lemonade
Cost $7.35

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:33

Tropical Green Lemonade Complete
Cost $7.35

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:45

I also made her a single seving of Sunset Passion to take with her to work and just followed Donnies recipe exact.
1 Beet (peeled)
1 Cucumber
1 Carrot
1 Green Apple
4 Kale Stalks
1/4 Lemon
1/4 Lime

This produced 20oz and Cost $2.60

I tasted it and liked it, she did enjoy this as well -as she likes the beet drinks like the one we made the other day Sun Kissed Juice- she said she likes the sun kissed juice better eventhough when I made that one I didnt peel the beets and it gave it a very earthy tase. But that was a lesson learned to always peel the beets. Im sure she will really love the sun kissed juice when I make it again with the beets peeled.

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:49

Sunset Passion Single serving Prep
Produced 20oz
Cost $2.60

1 Beet (peeled)
1 Cucumber
1 Carrot
1 Green Apple
4 Kale Stalks
1/4 Lemon (more like 1/2)
1/4 Lime

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 17:52

Sunset Passion Single serving Complete
Produced 20oz
Cost $2.60

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 18:15

So to end day eight I made a little spicy creation and think ill call it

Spicy Mexican Salsa Fiesta Juice because its like a party in your mouth.

1 Zuchini
2 Tomatoes
2 Cucumbers
7 Carrots
7 Pcs Celery
3 Green onions
1 Lime
1/2 red Onion
2 Handfulls Spinach
2 Handfulls Cilantro
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Habanero Pepper
1 Seranno Pepper

This produced 2 Full Quarts or 64oz
Cost $7.15

I usually take out the seeds and ribs from the peppers but found there to be very little inside the habanero so with gloves on I cut the habanerro down the middle and just ran it under the water and the few seeds went away. But I think if you use the habanero you can just emove the stem and juice the whole thing. That will save you from having to break out gloves and or possibly getting some of that in your eye etc.-the serrano i just cut down the middle and remove the ribs and seeds.

I just wanted to get to use some habanerro and only had a couple tomatoes left and this is what I came up with. I loved it and drank a quart and half of this some heated like soup and some once it was cold. Not to mention the bunch i drank while it when it was just at room temp. I think next time i will try 2 habaneros and 2 seranno. My wife liked it and said it was pretty spicy but she liked it and drank the remaning pint I had left for her to try.

So all in all for the end of day nine I had drank about 102 oz of juice and she had drank about 90oz- plus we still snacked on the remaining pint of tropical green lemonade we had. Total cost for this day for the 2 of us was $22.30 or $11.15 per person.

We were pretty satisfied with our hunger but today waking up on day nine for me and eight for her we were both feeling hungry today. And well just juice the day away like we have been. Its been pretty hard to keep up making juices for 2 and to make sure we both have an endless supply of fruits and veggies on hand, but on the other hand the time I take to juice and shop and clean and juice and shop does help to occupy my mind with heathy thoughts instead of thinking about junk food. Since im always thinking about the next sale and what we need my mind seems to be filled with fruits and veggies- not to mention now I look at the ingredients on everythiing!!

Stay tuned for day nines creations!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far:)

Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 18:18

Spicy Mexican Salsa Fiesta Juice -because its like a party in your mouth.
produced 2 Full Quarts or 64oz
Cost $7.15

1 Zuchini
2 Tomatoes
2 Cucumbers
7 Carrots
7 Pcs Celery
3 Green onions
1 Lime
1/2 red Onion
2 Handfulls Spinach
2 Handfulls Cilantro
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Habanero Pepper
1 Seranno Pepper

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 18, 2013, 18:19

Spicy Mexican Salsa Fiesta Juice Complete
produced 2 Full Quarts or 64oz
Cost $7.15

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 12:34

One side note- Previously I had mentioned that when making some larger batches-especially the ones with tomatoes and others with pineapple and/or large amounts of kale that I would stop halfway through and remove the top to swipe away any excess build up from the inside and from the pulp container. We have the breville je98xl and Have found that in doing this half way through and then puttting the top back on again we were breaking the seal between the mesh screen where the pulp is juiced and the lower area where the juice is expelled into the cup and this was causing some smaller pcs of pulp to make it thru to the juice like in our case the other day with the pineapple drink.
I thought ok I wont take it appart but at times the pulp colletion basket gets to high and starts to build up into the machine causing a back up of sorts, so i thought ill just sort of tap it to "help" it clear up a bit well I tapped and shook it aboit and this also cause some small pcs of pulp to get thu as iguess the movement casued the seal to leak abit. So when making a large batch yesterday and the need to clean out half way thru arrived I realized the only right way to do this is to remove all three top pcs rinse them off from all pulp then put it back together and continue. This worked great and I know your thinking -what clean the machine again, I already do that enough! but if you want to be able to make some larger batches like we have been doing and see the pulp building up to the top of the pulp collector and inside the top area this is the right thing to do and by taking it all the way apart and rinsing the pcs off then putting back together you will be guranteed clean juice.
Anyhow thats just lessons learned by us that we thought to share with others as I know alot of people make larger batches of certian drinks to take to work and use thoughout the day.
will post up day nines experiences and recipes shortly
Have A Great Morning!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 17:19

day 9 for me and 8 for her was friday I felt ok and no real issues- she seemed to be exhibiting signs of what we think was low blood sugar thoughout the day and into the evening but she kept on drinking her juices and we figured if she still had these signs in the am we would check her sugar. We never have had low blood sugar or high, but with diabetes in our familys we have the machine and test strips around so we can check every once in a while.

upon waking uptoday my day 10 and her day 9 she felt fine and we went to weigh in before having breakfast- She is at 121 LBS and I am at 251 LBS so the weight is still comming off.

We went to the farmers market to get our weeks supply of tomatoes, apples and peppers before heading back home to make breakfast. The people that work there asked me how it was going and I told em im down 13 lbs in 9 days andof course all the shoppers went abuzz ..what are you eating?..how is that possible? and of course I told them I havent had a single bite of solid foods in over a week and I was just drinking juice! and the usual looks and questions ensued, but the people that work there are already noticing changes in my appearance, plus since they are only open on the weekends they only see us once a week and its easy to see the difference when you dont see someone every day:)

Even as we were walking a way with our box full of 45 green apples, box of 35 tomatoes,several bags of peppers and grapes, I still heard someone say to the people that work there - why does that guy need all that produce? I heard em say hes on a special diet...and I chuckled and remembered that guy who said that had asked me last week where he could read up on info for the juice fast and of course I had told him go to just on juice.com!

She went this morning to the beach to get some sun and I cautioned her to bring extra water and keep hydrated while shes there.

Friday for breakfast we had the morning glory with the usual change that we have adopted to it by replacing the blueberries with kiwi as there are no bluberries around right now. also we make a double batch so used
5 Green Apples
2" Ginger
3 Kiwi
3 Small Cucumbers
4 Kale stalks
5 Cups of Grapes

This produced 64 oz or 2 quarts and Cost $7.50 to make. We each drank 20oz and saved the remainder for later
which I had her drink most of when she was telling me she felt funny and light headed- since it has sugars in it we thought that would help her with the feelings she was having yesterday, but it didnt do much to help her and she suffered from this feeling all day and into the night. sat am waking with no hint of that feeling.

You can see form the picture that a bit of kale got into the juices and this is why above I was talking about how that happened because of me tapping and sort of helping to clear the area leading to the pulp container. Lessons learned not to do that. This is not one of those recipies that we make so much juice and need to clean the juicer mid way to keep the pulp from clogging up, but I did realize that I needed to cut the apples into smaller pcs as leaving them too big was making them sort of shoot and hit the inside of the juicer and we could ocasinally see some juice on the outside of the juicer in the spots that it hit from the inside- thus not helping keep the continuios seal going. once we cut them into smaller pcs it was much easier on the juicer and did not cause as much of pulp build up either.
For Lunch on friday we made adouble batch of the Green Machine and used
8 Pcs Kale
4 Green Apples
4 Cups Spinach or what amounts to 4 handfuls almost a whole bundle basically
1 Cucumber
4 Pc Celery
2 Carrots
3" Ginger
1 Lemon

This produced 52oz or 2*26oz servings and cost $6.55
We do notice that just adding a little extra ginger and a little extra lemon it helps to make those green drinks taste just right to us. We each drank the full 26oz each and it tided us over til dinner. I was thinking that her symtoms were perhaps from not drinking enough juice and or water so I tried to get her to drink more before dinner and also for dinner, but she didt feel good and only drank abour 20oz in two servings for dinner.

For dinner we made the Cool Cabbage Juice double batch and we used kiwi in place of the grapes and didnt have red cabbage so used green. Also used a whoe head of cabbage but this was what I would call a mini head of cabbage and is about half the size of a normal head- so for a double batch would have used a half of a normal size head- being we had amini one used the whole thing. Plus I wanted to make sure we got nutrients as she was feeling weak and light headed still.
We used:
2 Cucumbers
3 Carrots
5 Pc Celery
1 Whole Mini Head of Green Cabbage
2 Green Apples
3 Kiwi
1 Lemon
2" Ginger
2 Handfulls Spinach

This produced 74 oz or 2 quarts and 10oz. Cost $6.60

She drank about 20oz and I drank a quart and snacked on the remainder in the night making our daily intake of juice about 86oz for her and 108oz for me including the remaining 20oz of cool cabbage juice that i snaked on in the night, a little lower for her than usual but for her it was a rough day.

Day 9 For me and 8 for her Daily total for 2 people was $20.65 or $10.33 per person.

We both hit the bed early friday night as she wasnt feeling great and i was feeling pretty tired. Going to bed about 10pm, but once it reached 7am we couldnt sleep anymore as opposed to other days where we had atough time even waking up. So we went and weighed in then had our fun at the farmers market- she doesnt really care for all that attention and talking the people do when you buy so much stuff, but I told her hey they are only open on the weekend and when your stocking up for two it may look funny to them but its of no matter to me what people say becuse how are they gonna look when i tell them that i lost 60 lbs ! she smiled and realized shes down almost 10lbs from her usual weight then said your too hyper..lol I laughed that one off as I normally have alot of energy but the juice has made it so much more foucused at times. I told her hey at least I get the job done quickly and do ALL the shopping for this juice fast for us! She was just watching me stock and unpack all the produce shaking her head-hey at least she has stuck this out with me together and I think that has really helped me to keep my mind off eating since im always shopping for a good deal on produce who has time to think about junk food.

Pics below of breakfast, lunch and dinner from day 9
Update soon
Everyone have a wonderful Saturday afternoon!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 19, 2013, 17:24

Day 9 Breakfast Prep
Morning Glory Double Batch
Produced 64 oz or 2 quarts
Cost $7.50

5 Green Apples
2" Ginger
3 Kiwi