twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 >> Last
Author Topic: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
Re: Day 1 of 30-60 Juice Fast starting Oct 10th
on: October 12, 2013, 21:52

usually its hot sauce either franks red hot or crystal...but we did use tobasco the another time and it was just as good but a different flavor!
cat be sure you are drinking at least 4 juices a day with aminimum of 16oz-20oz each and drinking a whole bottle of water right after each juice....I haad some cafinated iced tea today too but its no the end of the world as long as i do not eat any solids.someone had to finish that last batch of tea right..the new batch is decaf and no sugar..the gallon has about 6 sweet and lows in it and its good enuogh for my taste buds!
I am in floridaa so we have publix and winn dixie here..all publix have scales and most winn dixies too!
I hopr if you are drinking the right amount of juice and water that the weight will come off!!
at this point you should go beyond your seven days and make sure to drink enough juice and water for another week maybe and see what happens :)
let us know how it goes!

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 22:04

For lunch we made the bloody mary mix like the other night but added a bit to it to make 2 full quarts
so todays bloody mary was 6 tomatoes, 6 stalks of celery, 6 carrots, 3 small red peppers, 2 small orange peppers. 1 jalapeno, some parsley, about 9 leaves of basil. and this produced a little spicier version than the other night and we got 2 quarts and another 8 oz out of it so total 72oz. we each drank about 16 oz each at first then about an hour or two later drank the other 16oz each we had left. Of course in case anyone is wondering the seeds and ribs are removed before juicing the jalapeno and peppers. This recipe is of course even better once I added in the hot sauce and shook it up...ALSO a great interesting not is that once you add the hot sauce into the juice it dissapates all the foam in the glass and turns it into liquid. go figure! which i like to see.
I added hot sauce to mine and she added tobasco but still some good stuff.
so we each have had one 20oz juice for breakfast and for lunch basically had 32oz each but it was split into 2 16oz servings. with 3 juices in us and abunch of water we will have about 16-20 oz each for a dinner juice and I will make a small juice to put in the fridge for snacking in the night time!
let you know what dinner is soonest
Lunch prep and completion pics below
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 22:06

Bloody mary Juice PREP:
Cost $7.50
produced 72oz or 4*16oz servings
hot sauce added later

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 22:08

Cost $7.50
produced:
72oz or 4*16oz servings PLUS and extra cup of 8oz that we drank a a taster glass
hot sauce added later

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 22:12

sorrythis pic above is from thurrs batch the one above it is correct as you can see the difference in the amount of stuff..todays batch had more
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 22:13

heres todays 6 tomato Bloody Mary Juice Complete
Cost $7.50
produced:72oz or 4*16oz servings PLUS and extra cup of 8oz that we drank a a taster glass
hot sauce added later

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 22:16

after the hot sauce was added that foam that is in ther went away.
Even though My container to pur has a foam collector we still get some due to the large volume we make we pour it a few times into larger container...but that littel bit is no worry..so people love the foam..but add a few drops of tobasco or franks red hot to the batch and it will be gone
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 13, 2013, 13:50

For dinner on the end of my day three and her day two we made a juice called Sunkissed Juice with 2 beets, 5 carrots, 4 oranges, handful of spinach and about 2' of ginger. The total cost for this amount for us was $3.40 and it produced 32 oz of juice. As you will see from the pic below the pile of spinach is lacking but that was the last of what we had and no kale either...today we stock up on those items. After tasting the drink I dont think it would matter if you added a whole bunch of kale and or spinach as the beets are pretty powerful and help cover up too much green taste. So when making this one next time I will use about 3 to 4 times what you see in the picture, maybe 2 handfuls of spinach and 2 leaves of kale. ONE thing I dint do and should have is cut the outside off of the beets to reduce the earthy like taste....Im not sure if it had a super earthy taste it was more in the scent of it and that played trick on my taste buds.
Overall she really liked this one and wants me to add it to the list of the ones she likes most...me on the other hand thought is was about a 3 of 5 stars and will definately use some other beet based recipes we have and see how they come out. the beets are powerful..oh and can stain your shirt with one drip so be careful with those ones!
So to wrap up day 3 for me and 2 for her we each had 24 oz of morning glory juice, each had 32oz of bloody mary juice and each had 16oz of sun kissed juice. Total juice for the day per person 72oz. Total cost for the day per person was only $8.20. definately under the budgeted daily amount. Showing that if you could do this for $9 per person per day the cost would only be $63 for the week per sperson. Most people spend $35 a week at starbucks andanother $25-40 feeding themselves lunch at work every day...im just saying.

Not everyone has access to cheaper fruits and veggies but thik if you look for the right farmers market and/or even the right farmer you can do this for the same prices as we are or even less if you find the right farmer...and I know some of you live right next to a farm and never thought to ask them if they sell fruits and veggies....but ill bet you asked them how much for a cow, lamb, chicken or goat..and then probably asked em how much will it be if you just section off the meat for me and ill pick it up, but never once asked how much for a box of tomatoes..hahah...anyhow food for thought on this sunday where farmers markes are abundant..some even go right to the edge of their farm on sunday and open up their own little farmers market sale right there on the highway.

Today beginning day 4 and had some cramping in my thigh muscle this morning and feel my back and other muscles a little achey, but had my lemon water and feeling better. will have morning glory today and post it up for all to see. Shes beginning day three and had some dreams about food and then some about juicing as well..go figure! She definately is saying shes hungry and had her lemon water then she was feeling better. She definately is saying her body is achy has been hungry but the juices have kept her strong.
Breakfast time....
Below are pics of the Prep of last nights dinner albeit lacking in the spinach and/or kale dept it was still heathy and hit the spot.
Talk soon
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 13, 2013, 13:53

Day 3 dinner PREP:
Sun Kissed Juice
Cost $3.40 this cost accounts for the amount of spinach i should have used
Produced 32oz
(Need more spinach than whats pictured)

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 13, 2013, 13:56

Sun Kissed juice Completed
Cost $340 for 32oz ( 2 *16 oz servings )
Best Served Over Ice

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: October 13, 2013, 16:06

Yum!! Those pictures look wonderful. Makes me want to try some new recipes. I agree with you about the beets, and you're right, peeling them helps tremendously! Thanks for all the info you're sharing along your juicing journey. I really enjoy reading your posts! My hubby and I are doing it together too, and it makes it so much easier. He makes a tomato based juice and adds cilantro and habaneros. You might enjoy that. It's kind of like drinking salsa. Way too spicy for me! Have a great week!

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 13, 2013, 18:03

Hi PattiRob,
Glad you are enjoying all my posts and pics along this juice journey. Good to know there other couples out there juice fasting together, it does seem to make it easier if someone else in the house is participating and gives you someone to talk to that can relate with what your going thru-all the shopping and stocking for two sure does make for interesting trips to the store as well! :)
Yes I love all the tomato based juices and definately will have to make something similar to his salsa creation and I think ill call it 'Spicy Mexican Salsa Fiesta Juice' haha....kind of just rolls of the tounge!
We definately have cilantro and jalapenos on hand and will use them alot, but definately have to pick up some habaneros tomorrow as well...that should kick things up a notch for sure, thanks for the suggestion. I think the tomato based ones are my favorites because when you add the spices it feels like your eating something more substantial than a glass of juice!
We will attempt to make a butternut Squash recipe for lunch today that was adapted from sputnick here on joj..they named it nicks fall special and were all raving about it, so im gonna double up the amounts and maybe tweak it a bit and see how it comes out. Will post the pics and share the results as well.
Cant wait for dinner though -of course it will be a tomato based juice - Gazpacho -I will adapt a recipe from a few suggestions that i have read about, should be good stuff. She actually wants me to heat hers up tonight so she can eat it like a soup, which i think will be perfect so stay tuned!
talk soonest
best regards
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 13, 2013, 18:30

Today for breakfast of my day 4 and her day 3 we made again the Morning glory, but there are just no blueberries to be had around right now at all, so today we changed it a bit from yesterday by adding an additional kiwi, used kale instead of spinach and added an extra cucumber because these ones looked to be a little shorter than the usual ones and we wanted to try to get two slightly larger servings than yesterday.
so we used 4 apples, 2" ginger, 2 KIWI, 3 small cucumbers, 4 kale leaves ( they were pretty bushy tooo), 4 cups of grapes. It produced 52 oz of juice or 2*26 oz servings more then enough for each of us.With the total cost of about $6.40. -Ithink I might be over estimating the cost on this one for the grapes a bit because sometimes i get them on sale but sometimes not-so i use the higher price calculation. still overall not bad costing and the flavor witht he kiwi just makes it pop. You wouldnt even know the kale was in there between the kiwi and grapes and apples and as you will see from the pic below the 4 kale leaves were quite large and while i usually juce everything else and leave the kale to do on low speed, I do save a cucumber and apple to juice after the kale to push through any remaining kale juice. However today I think making such a large batch I should have stopped half way thru the kale and just cleaned out some of the excess build up inside the top as this time the kale really sort of caked on in there and created a bit of a backlog and I think we may have gottem more juce from the remining items and kale had I just cleaned it out abit. This is mainy because im trying to produce almost 2 quarts of juce and alot of items as you can see are double from the original recipes..this happens to me sometimes when producing large batch tomato based ones with kale or spinach as well. So it only takes a second to just swipe away some of that biuld up and i think it will yield you more juce per item.
*I recall one Juicer saying her wasnt getting nearly as much juice as we all were and he called breville and
they gave him some tips that i use in my everyday juice today. Which was that he was clogging up the juicer by juicing his kale first on high speed and thus stopping some of the other juices from getting thru. they sugessted to juice all items but the kale or spinach and a cuccumber or 2, then juice the kale on LOW speed and Slowwly push it thru..thus getting the best yield for your kale and running the cucumbers thru last helps push out any remaining kale juice as well. Also if the kale clogs up the screem in any way you are already done juicing. Just something I read that has helped me from day one and thought id share with you all after seeing my backlog with todays kale.*
Pics below of the breakfast prep and completed juices.
will update with our butternut squash lunch drinks soonest
Everyone stay strong and Juice on
Ray
and Kari(cant forget her too:) )

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 13, 2013, 18:33

Morning Glory Prep
Day 4 Breakfast
Cost$6.40
produced 52 oz or 26oz for each of us to drink

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 13, 2013, 18:35

Morning Glory Completed
Cost$6.40
produced 52 oz or 26oz for each of us to drink

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 14, 2013, 14:40

Sunday lunch on my day four and her day three we tried "Nicks Fall Special" a butternut squash recipe. We used A whole butternut suash(peeled and then cut in half to remove the seeds-then cut into smaller pcs that would fit into the juicer, also used 4 apples ( 2 red and two golen delicious) I had read somewhare that you should use any apples BUT Green or granny smith with squash and or pumkin recipes) also used 5 carrots. Making the total cost for this recipe $6.25 and it produced 48oz. we each drank a 16oz serving and saved the remaining pint or 16oz to snack on during the midnight hours.
we added cinnamon powder to the top of the drink and it was delicious and very very sweet tasing. We quickly learned to add the cinnamon powder into the mason jars and shake it up there so it mixed well, as the cinnamon we put on the top of the drink kind of caked there and didnt really mix too well with the drink. Now for me I like sweet but this was extra sweet...perhaps the use of granny smith apples would change that or the addition of ginger? but overall a great snack type drink for sure- dont think I will make that one as a meal drink as it doesnt have any greens in it. Oh but Kari my wife told me to add this one to the list of drinks she really loves....ithink if it had whipped cream on top she would have really loved it but sorry no whipped cream today!!
Pics below of this prep and completion.
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 14, 2013, 14:46

Nicks fall special butternut squash Prep
Cost $6.25
Butternut squash of that size around here was a big portion of the cost at $3.75
Perhaps this is the time of year to replace the squash with pumpkin
as we did get asimilar size mini pumpkin for $1.98 at walmart
it being halloween time and all.
Produced 48oz or 3 pint servings

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 14, 2013, 14:50

Nicks fall special butternut squash Complete
Produced 48oz or 3 pint/16oz servings
Cost $6.25
Butternut squash of that size around here was a big portion of the cost at $3.75
Perhaps this is the time of year to replace the squash with pumpkin
as we did get asimilar size mini pumpkin for $1.98 at walmart
it being halloween time and all.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 14, 2013, 15:56

SUNDAY DINNER !
Now this is when I was worried because we usually have abig sunday dinner and eat later than usual about 8pm..so we did time it to where we were drinking the juices around 8-9pm. My wife was saying she was hungry so I wanted to make sure we make a large enough batch that we would be able to drink as much as we wanted, not to mention I like to experiment with recipe sizes to get a gauge on how much produce makes what amount of juices. So tonight we made gazpacho that we actually heated up and drank it from large soup bowls with handles on the side so you can pick it up and sip it as the idea of using a spoon went out the window quickly because the spoon wasnt big enough for the sips we wanted....is it still considered gazpacho if you heat it up?..oh well for the recipe purpose we will call this one gazpacho and can be served hot or cold, but having it hot really hit the spot and we both loved it.
This recipe was a compilation of ideas that Donnie had posted in the Juicing recipes section of the forum to other users and a few other recipes together. Keep in mind the below recipe produced 82oz or 2 quarts & a pint. We each drank 25 oz and saved the extra quart for us to each have 16oz for lunch Monday. Thats about as long as I like to keep a juice refrigerated before use but it does save the trouble of me having to make abreakfast for two and then a lunch for two all before work in the early morning....
We used 7 Tomatoes, 5 carrots, 5 stalks of celery, 1 1/2 cucumbers, 1 jalapeno, 10-11 basil leaves, 3/4 red onion, 3 small red peppers, 1 lime and 2 cloves of garlic. We added cayenne and black peppers to the mason jars so once we juiced and poured into there we could mix the spices in good. You can also just add the spices once you heat it up. Dont heat it too high, just enough so its warm enough temerature for your liking ..if tyou sit there and simmer it you will be loosing nutrients. Of course we also added some hot sauce to the mixture as well-I like a bit more in mine that her so I didnt add too much to the mix but added more to mine later.
When making such large batches we do stop periodically and pour the juice into a gallon container that we have on the side, then once all has been juiced and poured into there we stir it up with a big spoon...this also mixes in the little bit of foam that does make its way into the larger container. The small container attached to the juicer has a foam catcher, but i usually rock it back and fourth a little and let some of the foam go into the larger container...as I said after all we mix with a large spoon and that gets reduced into the juice.
Also learning lessons from past batches we did juice everything and about half the tomoatoes and stopped to swipe out the inside of the lid as the pulp was buildnig up in there and I wanted to be sure the last bit of tomatoes we were able to get all the juice possible. We did get alot of juice 2 full quarts and another 18oz as well. Totaling the juice to 82 oz. Heating it up left us both more that satisfied having 25oz each. Leaving us each a 16oz serving to have for lunch the next day. TOTAL COST was $ 7.75 for the 82oz.

The only thing I did want to add was parsley but we were out, otherwise would have added a handfull of parsley or cilantro to this one, but I find alot of the tomoato recipes are very close to one another and just the omitting or addition of one or 2 items can change it up totally. so without the parsley in it the basil really shinned and of course so did the jalapeno and spices as well.
I guess they always say find some drinks you like and make those ones and its clear the tomato ones are my favorite. I think I could have added some kale or spinach too and that would have helped add some more greens to our daily intake. As you do get alot of protien and calcium from the spinach and/or kale..belive it or not its true:)

So that brings my day 4 and her day three to an end with our daily juice intake of 75oz each person..this includes the left over from lunch that we snacked on in the night too. Making the total cost for juice on this day for two people $20.40 or $10.20 per person, but this cost also includes the 32 oz that we are drinking for lunch on monday (16oz each) so this will make the cost for mondays total be much lower. No i didnt feel like doing the math to take out the cost of the quart and add it to mondays total..hahah..oh well the most important thing is 4 days gone with no silid foods!

I do feel like the tomato pulp and the entire batch of pulp could be frozen and saved for later use in a ziplock freezer bag to make some nice fresh salsa when getting back to regular foods. Or even made into some fresh salsa and canned for later use or given to freinds and family. The garbage is so heavy with all the left over pulp and I feel like Each batch could feed 2 homeless people even though we took the juices out of them- they still look pretty moist to me! I think I will start bagging and freezing certian fruits and veggies pulps in the freezer bags to make some recipes at later dates. I thought about just juicing the tomato and then taking that seperately which i suppose you can do for any one item you want to save individially like pumpkin or something like that, however then i started thinking about all the stuff mixed together and how it would make great salsa....maybe just clean it out before juicing the carrots and cucumbers. I do know that will be a great super healthy thing to have once eating solids again..not to mention its fat free too! Just leave out the chips or find some all natural fat free, cholesterol free, no salt added, HEALTHY whole wheat ones to use. But besides chips there are many other things you can use the salsa for, like putting in your salad or on top of chicken breast or fish etc. Im thinking that sounds alot better than the chips idea! funnny how i say that now but not many days ago I would have put salsa on my cheese nachos and or some other non so health thing that got me to 270LBS!
we will weigh in later today or tomrrow and let you all know how we are doing!
Pics below of Gazpacho prep and completed 82oz
Have A Great Day !
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 14, 2013, 15:59

Gazpacho Prep
Cost $7.75
Produced 82 OZ or 2 quarts and a pint

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 14, 2013, 16:06

Gazpacho Complete
Cost $7.75
Produced 82 OZ or 2 quarts and a pint
Drank 25oz each and
saved the 32 oz for lunch the next day (16oz each)
thats about as long as I would like to make a juice
in advance of drinkng, but it saved me the trouble of
making a double breakfast prep on monday am early
and then having to make immediately lunch for two
before leaving for work.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 13:41

Monday day 5 for me and 4 for her, we had jolt juice for brakfast 4 apples. 2 cucumbers, 2 oranges, 1 lemon, 1 handfull of spinach and 2 kale stalks. The cost for this was $4.50 ans it produced 40oz or 2* 20oz servings. I have come to love this juce and all of Donnies recipes. Breakfast delicious.

We made it thru the day with each of us drinking 16oz of the gazpacho for lunch. When we got home we were both hungry and we made a pick me up drink to carry us to dinner called orange green julius, a recipe I saw online somewhere and of course I added some stuff to it to make a larger batch. We used 2 orange peppers, 2 oranges, 9 carrots, 2 handfulls of spinach and 1" ginger. The cost for this one was $3.35 and it made 30oz or almost a whole quart. This drink was ok but not my cup of tea,but still healthy. Will try maybe next time too add more ginger, possibly a lemon or even an apple? just guessing.

Then with our bellies full of juice and water we went to weigh in - not the best time to do it but we wanted to see and were a little dissapointed in seeing mine at 258 LBS and hers at 127 Lbs- still a loss for my five days of 6lbs but that was lost in the first two days. Understanding the weight loss will fluctuate we came to the conclusion that us sneaking in caffinated and sugary iced tea was not helping the situation any...so felling a bit down on seeing this we made ourselves one last glass of sugary caffinated tea and threw the sugar out. With the promise we will not ingest any more sugars to each other..THEN we made the fatal mistake of throwing some vodka into our drinks to drown our sorrows and then a bit more and then a bit more...it turnned into aregular happy hour for us, but we promised each other not to add vodka and or sugar to our drinks anymore after this time and went on with the plan of which all natural coconut water we will get, because trying to stick to decaf tea and sweet and low just wasnt cutting it -as we were still finding the need to cheat- so no more tea AND oh by the way kids dont try drinking the vodka into day 5 on a juice fast because the room will be spinning sooner than you think and you will have headaches all night long too!

Sooooo we picked ourselves back up mentally and made a nice batch or what we now call V14 due to the 14 ingredients in it and went to bed, but yes was up every hour to use the restroom getting rid of the tea vodka and 32 oz of juice we each had for dinner! So no dont drink liquor when you have no food in you its not a good idea on many levels. But we are up and sticking with it beginning my day 6 and her day 5!

Dinner on day 5 what we now call V14 was made with 2 handfulls of spinach, bunch of cilantro, 2 cucumbers, 5 carrots, 7 stalks of celery, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 lime, 1 red onion, 1 zuchini, 1 small yellow pepper, 2 small red peppers, 7 tomatoes, 4-5 leaves of basil and 1 jalapeno. This produced 3 full quarts and we tasted this one immediately without the addition of any spices AND WOW it was really amazing you could really taste all those flavors on there-thats when we came up with the name V14 because immediately upon tasing you thought of V8 but this was so fresh so vibrant-just amazing! we each had 32oz or one quart HEATED and we shared the extra quart with a freind who drank it in what seemed to be one sip! Of course I still added some Cayenne pepper and a little hot sauce to mine! That heated juice with the spices is just amazing...that said we were still feeling the vodka abit more than we would have liked and headed to bed shortly thereafter with vows to keep on keeping on and we will not go near the scale for at least 3-4 more days!

I hope everyone is staying strong..stronger than we were..., we will pick ourselves back up from a dissapoingting day yesterday and move on...what I said was hey at least we didnt break down and try to eat a burger or something...so all in all it wasnt that bad of a day...well sorta! :( :)
we will keep at this until we reach our desired weights and no sugar vodka or iced tea is gonna stop us!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 13:43

Day 5 brakfast
JOLT JUICE prep
Cost $4.50
produced 40oz or 2* 20oz servings

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 13:46

Day 5 breakfast
JOLT JUICE complete
Cost $4.50
produced 40oz or 2* 20oz servings

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 13:50

Day 5 snack
ORANGE GREEN JULIUS prep
Cost $3.35
Produced 30oz or 2* 15oz servings
we think it needs more ginger or lemon or apple..not sure
maybe no spinach..but we added it as we wanted to be sure we had greens in there

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 >> Last

Tags: , , , ,