twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Author Topic: Group Juice Fast (your choice of duration) starting Aug. 12th

smcspixie
Juicer
smcspixie
Group Juice Fast (your choice of duration) starting Aug. 12th
on: August 9, 2013, 21:16

Hi all,

Starting a juice fast on August 12th. Up for anyone to join me for however long they choose to. Not wanting to push anyone beyond what they are up for. I'm a new juicer but I'm trying to lose weight and become healthier. I was informed by my doctor that my cholesterol is way too high, I'm only 29 (whaaa???? 😯 ) I had no idea that was possible. So, come join me and let's beat this beast together. I need all the help I can get!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Group Juice Fast (your choice of duration) starting Aug. 12th
on: August 9, 2013, 22:05

SMCSPixie, welcome to JOJ! Not sure I'll be able to join you on that day, but I might be able to juice with you on the 14th and 15th. Teach that cholesterol a lesson and hit it hard with the juice! I'll check back often.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

smcspixie
Juicer
smcspixie
on: August 10, 2013, 16:58

Thanks for the welcoming! I'm getting more and more nervous as the time passes before the 12th. I guess growing up in the south with a lot of comfort foods and family who cure everything with food will make anyone second guess doing a juice fast. I'm still excited and I'm anticipating it with an open mind. Now if I can just keep my nerves at bay.....

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 10, 2013, 17:31

No need to be nervous. Food is just nutrition and you'll get more than enough nutrition on your fast. It's really nothing to be nervous about. Don't psych yourself about it. Keep a clear mind and think of how you'll look and feel after your fast.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 10, 2013, 18:10

Hi smcspixie, my husband and I will be fasting along with you. We started July 30th and will continue until we've met our goals. We also have high cholesterol AND high blood pressure. Here's the amazing thing about juicing. It will break off your love affair with food! It's so cool how it changes your desires. I was a huge comfort food lover, but now when I think about food all I really want is some salad, brown rice and salmon. That's insane for me. I've always been a carnivore...the bigger the plate of steak and potatoes the better! We'll be fasting for possibly up to 90 days total; how ever long it takes to get down to our ideal weight and overcome our health issues. You're so smart to start now when you're just 29. We're in our mid-50's and are encouraging our kids (your age)to begin now being intentional about their health. We're on day 12 and I've already lost 17 lbs. You can do it!!

PittiMama
Juicer
PittiMama
on: August 10, 2013, 20:35

Okay Pixie,

Just got my juicer. I am going to do this, and have NEVER done anything like this before! Looking to reboot my metabolism and lifestyle change. Had friends recommend juicing and this website for their success so there is power in numbers.

smcspixie
Juicer
smcspixie
on: August 10, 2013, 23:21

PattiRob, That is so wonderful that you've made it that far. I'm definitely going to be looking to you for inspiration!!Congrats on the 17 pounds gone! Now I'm starting to get excited. My kids are 8 and 1 and are definitely a handful, so I'm doing it for them as well.

smcspixie
Juicer
smcspixie
on: August 10, 2013, 23:24

Yay PittiMama!! Let's do this girl! We've got nowhere to go but up from here! I agree about the power in numbers, and I hope we can all stick together and kick our bad habits out the door!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 10, 2013, 23:31

Congrats on getting your Juicer PittiMama! It's going to help you do amazing things for your body!

Pixie, I have an 8 and a 5 year old. The best thing is, after my fast I can play and keep up with them without getting tired or drained. I have so much more energy and motivation now.

smcspixie
Juicer
smcspixie
on: August 11, 2013, 22:05

Only 13 hours to go until I start juicing! I'm so excited! I can't wait to feel better, to get my cholesterol down and lose some weight. I'm ready to start kicking butt and taking names!! Woohoo!!

janetr
Juicer
on: August 12, 2013, 00:38

Hi! I, too, am beginning a juice fast on August 12. I am really excited to be getting started on losing weight and becoming more energetic. I also want to be healthier. This is a first juice fast for me. I certainly hope I am as successful as a lot of people I have found on this forum. I would appreciate any feedback and tips from other beginners! :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 05:00

That's great Pixie! I can tell you're excited to get started on your juice fast. It will be an amazing journey for you!

Janetr, congrats on starting your first juice fast tomorrow! I'm positive you too will be a success! Keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions.

bcarey123
Juicer
on: August 12, 2013, 13:47

My girlfriend and I just started today as well! I just had my first bottle and I am still felling pretty hungry. I know this isn't going to be easy. I caved and had a small cup of coffee already but I wake up for work at 400am. I need to ween myself off of it. I am going to switch to some non-caffeinated tea from here on out. I will be checking in when I can, thanks for the great site, it has been very helpful!

sperrj
Juicer
on: August 12, 2013, 14:09

Hi All,
I'm starting juice diet tomorrow....going shopping after work tonight to get all my fruit and veg. Am feeling excited and nervous....first time on Juice Diet but looking forward to feeling less bloated!! Plan is to juice fast till Saturday (4 days in total)...Good luck all. Glad I found this forum for support :)

Laura
Juicer
on: August 12, 2013, 14:15

I'm in! Yesterday was my actual first day...and then I caved and ate a turkey hot dog in the evening b/c I thought I was dying. :) But, I won't let that get me off track - on to a new day, and continued juicing. I'm shooting for 7 days, but we will see what happens!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 16:58

Congrats everyone on starting their juice fast. Try not to give in and cave to those habits and cravings. I promise you will not starve on the fast! If you let the juice do it's job, your body will do amazing things for you. I wish you all the best of luck!

heatherfeathe-
rbird
Juicer
heatherfeatherbird
on: August 12, 2013, 17:55

Hello! I am not completely new to juicing as my friend has done a couple of juice fasts and I have a juicer that I use to make occasional juices. Today I got to work and felt so rundown and unhealthy that I decided it was time to do my first fast. I'm planning for 3 days but we'll see where it goes. I need to go shopping after work so my first juice will be for dinner tonight. Anxious to get started and this site has been an amazing help. In the past I tend to get overwhelmed with trying to make "perfect" juices so I'm just going to pick a few recipes that won't overwhelm me and go for it!
I'm thin, so this isn't for weight loss, but I know I am very unhealthy and have a lot of toxins to remove from my body. I'm looking forward to the energy and general well-being that comes with juicing, and I'm going to try to get a little bit of exercise thrown in there!
I saw someone previous said something about tea and that had me wondering, would it be okay to have a cup of non-sweetened herbal tea during my fast or is that a no-no as well?

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 12, 2013, 21:08

Hi everyone, way to go all you juicers! I just wanted to encourage you to take Donnie's advice about drinking plenty of water during your fast. I did not drink nearly enough water last week when I started and I found myself fighting a kidney infection. I made the mistake of not supporting my kidneys with adequate water while I was turning them into a toxic waste dump!! I got an antibiotic, am doing fine, and continuing with my fast. I really just want to save you the discomfort I experienced. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 21:34

Heather, welcome to JOJ! You're going to do great on your fast! Just stick with it and let the juice do its magic! You can drink tea while on the fast. Also, drink plenty of water right after a juice and throughout the day. I'm here if you have any questions.

Patti, great advice! Always drink a lot of water. Not only does it help with the absorption of the nutrients, but your right, your kidneys need it during the fast! I'm glad you're okay and still sticking with your fast! You're doing amazing!

janetr
Juicer
on: August 13, 2013, 10:50

I made it my first day! I weighed in this morning and I have lost 3 pounds already---this really does work! I had a slight, dull headache yesterday afternoon, but I drank water and got busy and it went away. Anyone have any suggestions for juices they have tried and liked? Good luck to everybody today!

heatherfeathe-
rbird
Juicer
heatherfeatherbird
on: August 13, 2013, 11:57

Day 1 (I didn't start last night): I'm heading out to work this morning having finished a bottle of warm lemon water. For breakfast I have a bottle of Morning Glory juice (freshly juiced this morning) and for lunch a bottle of Mean Green, juiced last night. I have a snack juice of my friend's concoction: 1 grapefruit, 2 oranges, 3 carrots and a 1" chunk of ginger. I hope this is enough for the day, but I think it will be because I am not a big eater to start with. Oh, and a gallon jug of water with sliced lemons in it for drinking during the day. :)

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 13, 2013, 15:03

Morning! I just want to report progress on my husband's fast. After 14 days he's lost 26 lbs...yipee!!!!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 13, 2013, 16:28

Congrats Janetr and Heather on starting your juice fasts. As far as recipes go, try them all! The recipes can be found under the juicing recipes section the top of the site. I'm here if you have any questions.

Patti, 26 pounds in 14 days, that's incredible!!! Congrats to your husband! I bet he feels amazing doesn't he? I wish you both the best!

Amjosmom
Juicer
Amjosmom
on: August 13, 2013, 18:23

Hi, everybody! I started my fast on August 9th. I thought it would be much harder, but so far, so good. In 4the days, I've dropped 8 lbs!! I am juicing exclusively and attempting to go 100 days!! I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old and it would be nice to be able to keep up with them! Best wishes for us all and stay strong! I'll be in touch! :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 16:24

Congrats on 8 pounds in 4 days Amjosmom! I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old and I know how you feel. I'm positive you'll be able to keep up with them if you stick to your fast and hit your goal! I wish you all the best!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tags: , , , ,