twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Author Topic: Group Juice Fast (your choice of duration) starting Aug. 12th

carriosity
Juicer
Re: Group Juice Fast (your choice of duration) starting Aug. 12th
on: August 16, 2013, 02:25

Hi Everyone! I just started my fast yesterday so thought I could join you :) This is my first juice fast, and my first web group anything, but I am ready for change! So far everything is good. A little headache yesterday and I want food, but I think I will live lol. I plan to fast for a week. So far lost two pounds in one day! Hope to hear about everyone progress!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 16, 2013, 05:54

Welcome to JOJ Carriosity and congrats on starting your juice fast! If your headaches get worse you can try taking a tylenol or ibuprofen. I wish you the best. Keep us updated on your status. I'm here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

jensharpin
Juicer
on: August 16, 2013, 12:18

I will join with you. I am starting today though (Friday 8/16). Why? Because if I am tired and out on the third day (Sunday), my husband will be home with me and our three kids! On Monday he wont be here. Plus, my daughter (8) goes back to school Tuesday, so I will need tons of energy then!!

jensharpin
Juicer
on: August 16, 2013, 12:21

Just had my first juice! I got the Hamilton Beach one you mentioned (with the toggle switch). I just made the morning glory and it made 28 ounces!! My 8 yr old drank a little, and I am saving the rest for a little snack later. So....here we go!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 16, 2013, 16:52

That's great Jen! I'm glad you got started! It's going to do amazing things for you soon. I'm surprised it made that much. You may consider cutting back a little bit on the ingredients.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

andy4879
on: August 16, 2013, 17:07

hello smcspixie

i started on august 12 and i am loving it! i have lost 8 pounds so far in 5 days and i have a ton of energy and i crave the juices! good luck and keep in touch.

andy

jensharpin
Juicer
on: August 16, 2013, 18:54

DAY ONE: AHHH! I am STARVING and have a headache. Ive had: lemon and ginger water, 3.5 juices and about 40oz of water and it is almost 3pm on day one. I can do this. I can do this. I do think the first three nights that I will have my husband make dinner for him and the kids while I am in our room drinking a juice. I dont think I can look at their food (or cook it) until I get past the feelings of hunger!

andy4879
on: August 16, 2013, 20:39

stay with it jen,

i am on day 5 and i crave the juice. i live with a wife from Louisiana and she loves fried food! i cooked her dinner and made her lunch and i was fine. those bad feelings will subside. i was a dis-believer at first but with the help on here, i got through it to day 5 and i am on to day 60!

take care,
andy

jensharpin
Juicer
on: August 16, 2013, 20:55

That is awesome Andy! Thanks for the advice. I am southern too and LOVE fried food. We don't eat a lot of it, but I still love it! I have been on here today looking for encouragement too. I love this site. Is it normal for my head to feel "foggy" on day one? I am a healthy 32yr old female. Just had a baby 5 months ago. I started this morning at 5ft 8in tall and 146 pounds. I am not counting weight (I am doing this to be healthy), but it won't hurt to lose the last 10 from the baby :)!

andy4879
on: August 17, 2013, 00:13

i did not feel foggy but you being a woman may need more nutrients then men who just had a baby. after 5 days, i feel great and want more juice and i have lost 7.8 pounds so keep up and let us know if we can help.

sincerely,
andy

carriosity
Juicer
on: August 17, 2013, 01:30

Hey Jen! Maybe the foggy feeling is from lack of caffeine? That got me on the first day but subsided by the second :)

I made it (a few hours left) through day three! It is definitely getting easier. The cravings are a lot less, but still miss eating things I can smell others eating, lol! I forgot how social eating and drinking is. Almost five pounds down, yeah!!!! My goal is 10.

Hope everyone is doing as well or better,
Carrie

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 17, 2013, 02:14

Hi Donnie and everyone,
Been off juicing since I did my 30 days, haven't gained a pound but think it's time for another round...I felt so much better when I was juicing. So thinking about starting this week. Is another forum starting on Monday or should I just join this one? I know juicing is incredible and am happy to return and continue the journey. I did make it to Chimney Rock in North Carolina this summer and met my goal of climbing the stairs all the way up and down - it was awesome- next goal- another 30 pounds... and a 5 K in October. Take care everyone!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 17, 2013, 17:56

Hi Jen! I agree with Andy. It doesn't take long before you are craving juice rather than food. My husband and I are in the middle of our third week. Yesterday our son graduated from the Police Academy and we all went out to Red Robin to celebrate after the ceremony. My husband and I drank our juice in the car between the Academy and Red Robin. By the time we were seated, we felt totally content to drink water and hot herbal tea. We were able to share in the fun and hold our baby granddaughter while everyone around ate hamburgers and fries! Today we'll be at a wedding where they are serving 200 lbs. of pulled pork along with all the trimmings. We'll have our juice in a cooler and still be able to share in the celebration! It really does get easier.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 18, 2013, 02:57

Jen, if you're having enough juice, you aren't starving. The juice will give you all the nutrients you need. You are experiencing cravings. Learn to push those cravings aside and out of the way! For headaches, feel free to take tylenol or ibuprofen as they will help. As Carrie said, it's most likely due to a lack of caffeine.

Carrie, congrats on making it through day 3! That's really great! You're just about through the hard part. you'll be at your goal very soon!

Corpusmae, it's great to see you back juicing! Congrats on making it to Chimney Rock and climbing all those stairs!!! That's truly incredible and I'm very impressed. Let's get you ready for that 5K in Oct!

Patti, isn't it amazing how the juice can really fill you up? Have a blast at the wedding and just think about how you'll feel after drinking your juice, and how everyone else will feel after eating the pork. I'm sure they will be in food comas! You and your husband are doing fantastic! Keep it up and keep us posted. It's always motivating to watch someone else succeed!

janetr
Juicer
on: August 18, 2013, 18:52

So good to see how much success everyone is having! This is my first weekend on my juice fast and I'll have to admit there are times when it's been a little tough. The grilled hamburger and barbecue chicken were calling my name yesterday! But, I do realize these are just cravings - not hunger. Besides, as of this morning, I have lost a little over 11 pounds! This has been since Monday! I am so motivated to continue! When I started this fast, I had hoped to make it at least 2 weeks. But with the success I am having, I plan to continue until I have lost at least 65 pounds - I really believe I can do this. Has anyone tried any good tomato type juices that are good?

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 18, 2013, 19:11

Yes, Donnie, it felt great going to the "pulled pork" wedding. My husband officiated so we were busy taking care of a lot of the details. After it was over, we hung around for a little while, offered our congratulations to the couple and then headed out. We each had 16 oz. of juice waiting for us in a cooler and it was delicious! The extra reward for me was the 3 lbs. that were gone when I weighed this morning...yahoo!!

PittiMama
Juicer
PittiMama
on: August 18, 2013, 22:39

Okay group, those that have fasted and newbies alike, need some help figuring this out. This is our first juice fast and we are new to the whole prospect. We started with the group this past Monday and made it through the cravings. Then dawn of day two started I fell violently ill, throwing up early in the morning. I have had friends warn me of getting sick, but didn't pay any attention. My partner was fine. I didn't make any modifications to the juices from the 7 day juice fast plan. Have had a few morning juices to experiment since then, but really want to make this work! Did I not pay attention when it actually says, detox your body, and basically created the Betty Ford clinic in my home? HELP

Thanks!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 19, 2013, 16:17

PittiMama, it sounds like you have had some food poisoning. I've seen it happen a few times and even experienced it before when I forgot to clean a beet. Make sure you are cleaning everything that goes into your juicer really good. Also, make sure you are cleaning the guts of your juicer. Make sure you are peeling all rinds off of fruits too. Those are good hiding places for bacteria.

You may want to go off of your fast until you get better. I wish you the best! Keep us posted.

andy4879
on: August 20, 2013, 00:34

hey everyone,

hope all is well, i am on day 8 as most of you should be and i am depressed. i don't know if it is not eating or what but i am already on medicine for depression and last week i felt fine but now i am just down and when i think of eating and all that goes with it, it makes me happy but i am sticking with it. has anyone experienced this? please do tell.

sincerely,
andy

uronurse
Juicer
on: August 20, 2013, 03:00

Hello all!

I am joining the group- I started my fast today. My initial goal is 30 days with hopes of making it to 60 days. I did a 21 day juice fast 2 years ago that resulted in a 24 lb weight loss and pregnancy after years of infertility so I can vouch that juicing does amazing things to your body. I have the best mental clarity on a juice fast- after the 3-4 day fog of course. I generally am a whole foods/organic eater anyways so my detox isn't usually too horrible. Today I feel fantastic but my tune may change as I hit day #2-4. I am a caffeine addict which may make it interesting. I am completing my masters degree this week so feeling like I need to detox plus shed as much weight as possible- ultimate eventual weight loss goal is about 80 lbs.

We leave for vacation in 68 days so my plan is to break my fast one week before we leave so I can ease back in to some solids. Once I return from vacation I will take a little bit of a break and hopefully be able to juice intermittently while increasing my exercise to shed the rest of the weight.

Good luck everyone and happy juicing!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 20, 2013, 03:19

Andy, when I first started I was a little depressed mostly because my routine always involved food. It really made me feel down when my boys wanted to go out but I resisted so I wouldn't be put in front of temptations. Just know that you will go back to eating regular foods soon. It's not like you will be consuming only juice for the rest of your life. It's a big eye opener once we realize how much food effects our lives. Keep on juicing Andy, you're doing really well and I'm very proud you've come so far!

Uronurse, that's an amazing story and goes to show that the body will heal if given the tools to do so. I'm sure you will do really good on this fast. I'm always here if you have any questions.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 20, 2013, 03:20

Andy, when I first started I was a little depressed mostly because my routine always involved food. It really made me feel down when my boys wanted to go out but I resisted so I wouldn't be put in front of temptations. Just know that you will go back to eating regular foods soon. It's not like you will be consuming only juice for the rest of your life. It's a big eye opener once we realize how much food effects our lives. Keep on juicing Andy, you're doing really well and I'm very proud you've come so far!

Uronurse, that's an amazing story and goes to show that the body will heal if given the tools to do so. I'm sure you will do really good on this fast. I'm always here if you have any questions.

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 20, 2013, 16:06

Good Morning All, just wanted to report on the end of week 3. I have lost 20.5 lbs. My husband has lost 32.5 lbs. AND he gets to go off his blood pressure meds.....yahoo!
We feel so good that we've decided that juicing will remain a big part of our lives even after we're done with the fasting. We anticipate that our fast will last through the end of October. In the beginning that was depressing, but with 3 weeks under our belt we're really excited about finishing well!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 20, 2013, 16:53

Congrats on 3 weeks and over 20 pounds lost Patti! Congrats to your husband on over 32 pounds lost! You guys lost over 50 pounds between the two of you!!! That's incredible and very motivational to everyone! I was also able to get off of my blood pressure meds. It's a wonderful feeling and I'm proud of both of you for making the choice to juice and get the benefits of it. Keep us all posted Patti!

andy4879
on: August 20, 2013, 21:11

day 8 and i have no happiness in my life and i feel it is all from the juicing and not eating. i am so depressed and have no will to drum or work out. is this expected in week 2?

congrats on everyone else. willpower is hard to get and you guys have it!

andy

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tags: , , , ,