twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22
on: April 22, 2013, 00:38

I want to hear what everyone is going to make for their first juice tomorrow morning! I plan on making a Banana Boost first thing!

1 small Chiquita Banana
1 Granny Smith Apple
5 Mango Chunks
1 handful of Pomegranate Seeds
2 Full sized Carrots
2 Handfuls of Spinach
2 Celery Stalks
1 Cucumber

ImageImage

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 22, 2013, 00:55

Hey Don, do you juice the banana directly? I didn't think bananas would juice well due to low water content.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ― Hippocrates

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 01:03

I wouldn't suggest juicing them through a masticating juicer, but with a centrifugal juicer they juice okay. You don't get a lot out of them, but the little you do get adds just enough that you can taste it and enjoy it. It adds a creamy taste to the juice.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 22, 2013, 01:10

For the fast, I plan to start off with an Orange Sunrise (16 oz) and then take 64 oz of Red Hot Juice to work with me. See above for both of these juices.

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 01:13

That red juice just looks amazing John! I think I'll have to try that out tonight. I'm heading to the store in a bit to see if they have that particular brand of hot sauce.

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 22, 2013, 01:57

I'm not one for following recipes...I like to grab what looks good and go with it. (So far it's working out all right...I'm on my 3rd juice today and I think I started the fast early.) HOWEVER...I plan on mixing something up with a peeled grapefruit, a bunch of strawberries, a whole lot of spinach, a cucumber, a carrot or two, and an apple.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 02:23

Laura that is perfect! The recipes are a great guideline but I'm hoping more people do what you do and come up with some of their own ideas for recipes based on what they like and what sounds good to them. Thanks Laura

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 02:28

Make sure you get plenty of sleep tonight. Pre-prep your juices now and put them in gallon size bags so you are ready to juice in the morning. Also, don't forget about the lemon and water first thing in the morning. It really does help to set the pace of your day! Stay focused, stay strong, and let's juice tomorrow!!!

444rich
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 03:23

Hi guys I'm onboard also but I'm going for 21 days so hopefully I can get some company.. My gf is doing it also and our goal is to be healthier and after the fast to continue eating healthy, really glad I checked out this forum and saw this, I've been planning to start tomorrow for a little over a week. This site has provided a wealth of information and I would like to thank the admin and contributers. I got my Hamilton bigmouth locked and loaded for the morning, fruits and veggies washed and bagged. Will have some in the morning and take some to work. Good luck all.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 04:45

Awesome Rich! It's great to hear that you're diving in for a full 21 days. You'll be surprised how easy it will be. You'll obtain so many health benefits after 21 days and you'll feel like a new person. Let's hope your enthusiasm is contagious and helps to keep us all motivated throughout our fast.

Take daily pictures of yourself doing the same pose. You will both love to look back on it and see the changes that you've made throughout your fast. Awesome to have you Rich, I hope you post updates and keep us all up to date.

Allison
Juicer
Allison
on: April 22, 2013, 13:29

I tried Morning Glory today. I was just so surprised that it tasted so good being that color. I guess I will have to get over the green! So far so good...

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 22, 2013, 13:40

So much for getting plenty of sleep...my house was broken into while I was at work for an hour and completely trashed. I was up until 11 with the deputy who responded and up early again this morning for work. I'm hoping to take the afternoon off to come home and do some cleanup, but who knows...

Anyway, the final verdict for breakfast was this:
1 peeled grapefruit
6 strawberries
1 Fuji apple
2 carrots
1.5 cups of mixed greens from my garden (romaine, spinach, cilantro and basil)
1 more handful "Power Baby Greens" (From Trader Joes: Kale, chard and spinach)
1" ginger root

Tangy, but not bad. Have a good morning, everyone!

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 22, 2013, 13:48

Good Morning All,

Well, here it is, Day 1. I had my sunrise juice at home, and am now at work, ready to pour my first glass of red hot.

Also, I'd like to welcome Rich, glad you are joining us! I wish you and your girl friend all the best on your 21-day fast.

Last night I lost my internet connection at home. I am not sure what the problem is yet, but for now I will only be able to post from work.

As we get started on our fast, I wish everyone the best, and may we all meet our goals in this fast.

stefanie910
Juicer
stefanie910
on: April 22, 2013, 13:53

Good start to my morning, had my lemon water and a jolt juice! Sorry to hear about your break in Laura, hope the rest of your week is better! Happy juicing everyone!

444rich
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 13:55

Morning all. Thanks for the tip Donnie we took pics this morning. Will do so daily. We started with lemon and warm water and then the morning glory.. Went down well. She was sipping it like coffee I just chugged mine.

Thanks John same to you as well. I'm starting off at 183 lbs with a goal of 160 and she is 143 with a goal of 130 lbs. our main priority though is to eat healthier.

Laura sorry to hear about the break in and its awesome that you are still sticking with the fast.

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 14:19

Hi, I'm Jeanne. I started yesterday and will do the 3 day. I wish I could say that I thought the juices were delicious, but I have yet to come up with the right combination, I guess. I did the juices as the recipes stated. I think I will leave the ginger out of today's juices, and use more spinach and less chard (I had bought spinach and chard instead b/c I don't like kale in my juices - I found that out the last time I juiced). I'm using this as a detox/weight loss/carb depletion. I'm doing the Big Sur Marathon on Sunday. I have a really hard time with juice fasting, so I hope that having company for the next couple days will help :)

444rich
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 14:24

Welcome Jeanne. One of my dreams is to run a marathon. Is this your first?

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 22, 2013, 14:24

Yes Laura, sorry to hear about your breakin. I did not see this earlier, I think you posted after I started composing my earlier post.

(edited after posting: Hi Jeanne, welcome, and glad you are with us. Good luck on your fast and on your marathon!)

I have a question, not about juicing, but about a healthy diet. I wanted to post here because we have so many together.

I have been watching videos of John McDougall talking about his starch based diet and am now reading "The Starch Solution". I am very impressed with what I am reading and hearing, and I was wondering if anyone else here is familiar with his diet or if anyone is practicing it. If so, what do you think?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 14:32

Good Morning Juicers!!! As we start day 1 I want to congratulate each and every one of you for taking the initial step and Juicing.

@Allison, isn't it good? I'm glad you enjoy it, soon you'll start to crave the juice!

@Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your break in!!! I hope you're okay. It takes a lot of will power to go through that and stick with the fast! You rock!!! I'll have to let you borrow my dog. He's a gigantic Saint Bernard who doesn't like thieves! I hope your day only gets better from here on out.

@JuicerJohn, I tried out your hot juice late last night. What a punch that juice packs!!! I was impressed, although I think I used just a little too much garlic. Hope you internet gets fixed.

@Stefanie, Awesome! How did you like the Jolt Juice? It packs a jolt doesn't it?

@Rich - That's funny, I usually chug mine unless I'm experimenting. But some juices are easier to chug than others.

I'm thrilled to be juicing with you guys. Keep posting updates and let us know how your days go. I enjoyed a Banana Boost this morning and will be posting some pic's coming up around lunch time. Thanks all, and have a fantastic day today!

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 15:01

@Rich, this is my 9th marathon. It's my last Bucket List one. You should definitely do one.
@John, thanks, I'll need it - for both :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 16:06

Jeanne, welcome! It's great to have you here juicing with us! I have always wanted to run a marathon. If your juices aren't giving you that taste you desire the best thing you can do is to start out small and juice things that you really love. A good way to figure out an optimal juice for you is to individually juice ingredients into their own glasses. Then you can mix small amounts of stuff until you come up with something that you really enjoy. I've done this a few times and it's really fun.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 16:13

I went ahead and made my second juice today. I decided to go with an original from Joe Cross and juice his Mean Green recipe. I forgot how delicious this is! Even my son loves it. He had fun putting stuff in the juicer and watching it come out :)

....Mean Green.....

1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Apples
6-8 Kale Leaves
1/2 Lemon
1" Ginger

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 16:23

Don't forget to tweet about our Group Juice Fast and your experiences! hashtag #justonjuice

stefanie910
Juicer
stefanie910
on: April 22, 2013, 18:25

So I made it through lunch (huge feat for me) as I almost always eat out for lunch, but I stuck to it and had the Mean Green for lunch (substituted the celery w/ cabbage) It wasn't my fav and wasn't quite as tasty as the jolt juice this morning but I got it down and am feeling accomplished, as I think this first lunch was probaly going to be my biggest test of the whole week! :]

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 18:38

Congrats Stefanie, that is a huge feat. They used to order us awesome lunches at the place I last worked. All catered by a well known restaurant. The first day was the hardest and I knew if I could stick to juicing through that, I could stick to it till the end. Keep at it Stefanie, you're doing awesome!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Tags: , , , ,