twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22

Jessica
Juicer
Jessica
Re: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22
on: April 22, 2013, 18:43

How can I replace the cucumber on juice recipes? I think it's hard to find something as juicy as the cucumber, but I don't really like the taste. :/ Oh, and I also wanted to know if there's any problem in drinking "only fruit" juice as one of the meals.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 22, 2013, 18:49

Hi Jessica, there may be better replacements that I am unaware of, but I would go with romaine lettuce. It's pretty neutral in flavor and the white part at the bottom of the leaves is pretty water packed.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ― Hippocrates

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

Jessica
Juicer
Jessica
on: April 22, 2013, 19:01

Thanks JuicerJohn! I really like romaine lettuce, I've never drunk it before, but it does cheer me up. I hope it doesn't happen the same as the cucumber, I like eating it but the juice made a little sick.

444rich
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 20:47

Almost 5 and feeling good.. A little lightheaded but not hungry

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 20:50

Jessica, as John said, romaine lettuce is a great substitute. You may also want to try zucchini, or the smaller pickling cucumbers as they both have different tastes.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 20:55

Rich, that's good! You'll feel that way as your body starts to detox. What are you juicing for dinner?

Are you guys all on the east coast? I'm in Arizona, curious where everyone is at.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 21:29

I'm in AZ too. This morning's breakfast juice was better, I left out the ginger and used a baby spinach/kale mix instead of the chard. Lunch was not great but better than yesterday's. I think I'll make another juice as a snack, probably carrots & cukes & spinach just to get me to "dinner."

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 21:36

Jeanne, you should try this out, it's a great juice to hold you over for a while.

2 part Orange
1 part Carrot
a few raspberries, or strawberries to taste.

It's a bright orange and is great to sip on over ice.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 21:44

If you all don't mind, I'd love to have posts on the JOJ facebook page with your experiences throughout the 3 days or what juices you liked the best.

http://www.facebook.com/justonjuice

Thanks! -DT

sssudekum
Juicer
on: April 22, 2013, 22:19

How unfortunate! Both my roommates have dropped out (well, one quite before she even start)... :( Which is so sad because I am feeling great! I am usually such a snacker but I've only had my lemon water, bfast drink, and lunch drink and I feel satisfied and good! If not more focused in school... Maybe I am responding better because I am a vegan, and my one roommate who actually tried bfast and lunch juices is a carnivorous omnivore...

Anyway, I am definately sticking it out for the three days, maybe longer ;D

Allison
Juicer
Allison
on: April 22, 2013, 22:30

Are you "allowed" to have herbal teas during a juice fast?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 22, 2013, 22:42

Yes, you most certainly can Allison. I'd stay away from the black teas though as they are high in caffeine. Green teas do to so drink them sparingly.

Jessica
Juicer
Jessica
on: April 22, 2013, 23:15

@Stella, keep going! You're doing good!

@Donnie, thanks, I'll try that too! Oh, and the orange, carrot, strawberries juice sounds delicious! Do you think is okay skip the veggies sometimes?

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 23, 2013, 00:32

@Donnie, thanks! I'll do that tomorrow!

I had carrots/cukes/spinach for a snack, I'll be having dinner in a few minutes. I'll check out the fb page.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 23, 2013, 02:05

#Jessica, If your goal is to lose weight then you want to keep your juices high in veggies and low on fruits with the exception of your morning drinks. It's okay to mix it up every once in a while but try to keep your juices 20% fruit and 80% vegetable and you will be good.

@jw26pt2 I'll have to try out he carrot/cuke/spinach one, that sounds mellow and good!

So how did everyone do on the first day?
What kind of obstacles are you hitting?
How are you feeling after 1 full day?
Hardest part of juicing for you is?

I'd love to hear about your first day in juicing!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 23, 2013, 02:26

Well, I made it through the day in spite of a rough start with some tough cases at work. Had some fun stuff to do in the afternoon, though, and I'm feeling pretty good now. I'll be going to bed early, though!

I made a fun juice for dinner, which I'll post in recipes. I'm calling it Rainbow Juice because of all the fun colors in the foam on top as it came out of the juicer.

1/2 head romaine
3 stalks celery
1 Persian cucumber
2 carrots
1 small beet including the greens
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 lemon

I think it needs something to spice it up just a tad, like Juicer John's hot sauce, some ginger or a half of a jalapeno. Or some extra fruit, like strawberries or an orange for breakfast. In spite of that, it was the best juice I've made so far.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 23, 2013, 03:17

First day is done, and I'm feeling great! For me, the first day of a fast is easy, and the second is usually the most difficult. By the third day I am over the hump.

I haven't really hit any obstacles yet.

For me, the hardest part of juicing is limited time to juice in the morning before work. That means I can prepare only one juice for the day.

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

444rich
Juicer
on: April 23, 2013, 03:23

Day one is done and I feel great, no hunger, no headaches yet. I wrapped up the day with Dinner Sunset Passion and got prepared for tomorrow with a ziplock bag of veggies.

So how did everyone do on the first day? Great,it was easier than I thought it would be
What kind of obstacles are you hitting? none so far... except i need a thermos and ice pack to take it to work
How are you feeling after 1 full day? mentally, evergized, physically normal
Hardest part of juicing for you is? visiting my mom after work and walking into her kitchen

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it helps me to stay focused

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 23, 2013, 03:47

@Laura, I plan on an early bedtime too!
Yesterday was my 1st day and it was very hard. I was hungry a lot and I had to pretty much choke down the juices. Today was better, I tweaked the recipes a little, and I wasn't quite as hungry (although I am now).
There was nothing that I would call an obstacle..
How am I feeling? Well, I read that as "are you feeling full after one day?" So I guess that says something LOL I'm hungry but that's all.
There is not really anything about juicing that isn't hard :) But nothing in particular stands out.
I have tomorrow's veggies and fruits ready to go in their ziplocks.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 23, 2013, 03:52

Excellent! I always feel great after day 1. It's a great feeling knowing that you did it. When I first juiced I would challenge myself in different ways. Early on in my first fast I took my boys out for a fun eventful day. It was hard watching them and everyone else eat all these foods I used to enjoy. Setting up challenges for yourself will test your will power but also encourage you in a big way.

First day was awesome, I love the first day feeling!

No obstacles yet, I have a good routine down. But it is tempting when cooking dinner for my boys.

The hardest part for me is when I get invited out for lunch. I try to reschedule for an off day or I let them know I can meet up but can't eat. But who wants to go to lunch with someone who doesn't eat...

The main thing is to just keep your focus for these three days and see where it takes you.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 23, 2013, 03:55

BTW, you're all so AWESOME!!! Great juicing today!!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Allison
Juicer
Allison
on: April 23, 2013, 11:59

Lemon water & Green Giant for breakfast. I couldn't find any pomegranate seeds so I just used a tiny bit of POM juice instead. It is pretty good. :) Yesterday was relatively easy but I have a feeling today will be a bit harder. I am feeling a little light headed this morning so I hope this Green Giant kicks in soon! Happy Tuesday!

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 23, 2013, 13:13

Good Morning All,

I started off day 2 with a tall glass of warm lemon water and drank it as I was preparing my Red Hot Juice for the day.

As I arrived at work, I noticed the beginnings of a hunger sensation for the first time. Rather than starting off at work with a glass of Red Hot, I will make myself a Rooibos Tea with honey instead. Since I did not have a fruit juice this morning, I may be needing a little sugar in my system.

Wishing all of our fasters nothing but the best for today.

God bless!

sssudekum
Juicer
on: April 23, 2013, 15:09

I've been sticking to the three recipes from the "3-Day juice fast" plan, just to cut down on effort haha. All the juices were my favorite but the bfast one is probably my favorite... I was craving it this morning.

This is has a lot easier then I thought. I LOVE eating, so whenever I walk into the kitchen my mind automatically goes to what I could bring with me to snack on; I never realized how much time I set aside to snack! I'm alwasy on the move and in class many hours a day followed almost directly by work. Like today, had breakfast before my morning class at 7:30am but unles my afternoon class gets out early, I wont have time for my lunch juice :(

Hunger isn't a problem, I feel satisfied and even a little too full after a juice. This whole process is really getting me familiar with my body and what feelings of hunger/boredom/habit really are. So so far, a very valuable experience!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 23, 2013, 15:11

Good Morning guys! It's going to be a great day! Allison, the POM juice works out pretty well doesn't it? How was the Green Giant this morning?

Stay focused today, as today will be harder than yesterday. Just keep you goals in mind and do it. Have a great day and don't forget to check in when you can. Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Tags: , , , ,