twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
Re: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22
on: April 23, 2013, 15:19

Good morning all! I'm just shy of 48 hours into this deal since I've actually been "just on juice" since noon Sunday. Somehow my bathroom scale seems to think I'm already 5 lb lighter than I was when I started, which seems impossible, since I'm not dehydrated and still feel good...but I actually look and feel better in my clothes this morning. Weird...

Started the day with warm lemon water, and I'm now drinking my breakfast juice. It's a variation on my Rainbow Juice concoction from last night but with grapefruit instead of lemon and a big handful of strawberries instead of snap peas. It's bright red and quite delicious. I head off to physical therapy in a few minutes, and then I'll get to spend the rest of my day off cleaning house. The world's greatest coworker fixed my front door last night, so it's time to start erasing the evidence of the break-in.

Have a great day, everybody!

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 23, 2013, 17:05

Hi Laura,

Do you consume a lot of salt in your regular diet?

I remember when I was diagnosed with an inner ear condition and had to go on a restricted salt diet as a result, I lost 9 lbs in less than a week as the excess water flushed from my system due to my reduced salt intake.

So, the weight loss may be partly water loss, depending on how much salt reduction your body is seeing since the start of your fast.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ― Hippocrates

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 23, 2013, 17:07

Man, I wish I could say that I was full...
Anyway, it's going better. I just told my husband that either I'm getting better at juicing or I'm just getting used to the taste, b/c my morning juice was good. I stopped putting ginger in and I use all spinach instead of a mix of other greens. I did a short but very windy run and it went okay, then came home & had "breakfast." This is day 3 for me - I may fast tomorrow too, depending on how it goes.

@Laura, how are you recovering from your break-in? I'm so glad that your coworker helped you out! Congrats on your scale and other victories.

stefanie910
Juicer
stefanie910
on: April 23, 2013, 17:15

Hi everyone! So my Monday went well, most of the day, but I ended up with a headache in the evening, other than that, it went pretty smoothly! This morning..well I still have a headache but the hot lemon water was a nice touch and I made up some spinach, cucumber, apple, orange and grapes for breakfast and it was delish! It's almost lunch time and I must say my energy level is still pretty low :/ hoping this is gonna change over the next few days! Despite the headaches and low energy, I am no less deterred from reaching my goal and am excited to keep moving forward! Menu for lunch is Spinach, carrots, cucumber, apple and ginger and maybe a couple of other things?? It was pretty early when I concoted this one up! Love seeing everyone else's updates, it's defintely that little motivation I need to keep going!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 23, 2013, 17:30

Quote from sssudekum on April 23, 2013, 15:09
Hunger isn't a problem, I feel satisfied and even a little too full after a juice. This whole process is really getting me familiar with my body and what feelings of hunger/boredom/habit really are. So so far, a very valuable experience!

This is an excellent post. The process of juicing does help you to differentiate between what hunger actually is compared to habit and once you realize the difference, you'll never be able to go back to eating out of habit. Great post!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 23, 2013, 17:54

@Stefanie, it takes about 3 days till your fully cleansed and then you will start to see some energy spikes. Just keep your enthusiasm and stick it out for another few days and you'll be over the hard part. Great job so far!

@Jeanne Not everyone can handle the ginger. It takes a some getting used to. I hope you continue to juice tomorrow, as I bet you're still detoxing. Give it another day and see if you notice a difference.

@John, Good point with the salt. The cleanse really helps to remove that salt from our system. Once you go back to eating solids after a fast, it's incredible at how salty things start to taste.

@Laura, Don't trust your scale, trust how your clothes are fitting and how you feel in them :) You're doing so great. Keep at it!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 23, 2013, 19:43

Thanks all! I still feel surprisingly good. I do periodically consume a lot of salt, and I certainly did a day or two before I started this. That may be it. I'm also, obviously, off of sugar, and I tend to lose weight pretty quickly when I can do that. The way my clothes fit is pretty telling. I had a headache yesterday morning but that was expected from my lack of sleep and stress from the break in the night before, and went away with Tylenol. My only real complaint right now is that I actually had a big energy spike last night about bedtime (didn't make it to bed early because of the door repair, but that was worth it) and barely slept at all. I'm blaming my very minor headache this morning on that. My energy level is great, and I made it through an hour and a half of pretty intense physical therapy this morning with no problems. I am, however, HUNGRY...ALL THE TIME. But that is a normal state for me. I'm pretty healthy overall, VERY active, and my metabolism rocks. It's just the bad habits (ie. sweets) that get me in trouble!

Sorry for the venting post...just realized I was getting wordy. Hope everyone else's day is going well...I'm off to clean house.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 23, 2013, 19:53

Today has been good so far. After the hunger sensation this morning I had an herb tea with honey and it went away.

Since the tea I have finished off 1 quart of juice, in thirds throughout the day so far, 2 quarts of water, and now I am sipping another tea.

I will start on my second quart of juice in a while and finish it off at dinner time.

This Day 2 has been easier so far than the last one.

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

Allison
Juicer
Allison
on: April 23, 2013, 23:52

I made it through the day but I've had a slight headache almost all day. I'm assuming I am in detox especially with 0 caffeine for two days. It's really hard to wake up at 5 am without coffee! Here's to hoping tomorrow is better!

Staying strong though :)

444rich
Juicer
on: April 24, 2013, 00:03

Hi Guys, hope everyone is holding up well. i feel the same, a little empty feeling in the stomach, a slight light headed feeling.

I was able to make it to the gym before work and do the C25k thing on the treadmill, i will try to do it daily (run and walk for 30 mins) this is not exhausting and it was much easier to do it today, I felt lighter and not out of breath.

My sense of smell seems to be really improved, I can smell food from a mile away now. Tomorrow is day 3 and it really has not been as bad as I thought it would be.

19 days to go. I will defiantly eat better after this, I think that I will attempt to do the 3 day fast either monthly or quarterly when this is over.

Thankfully my job is very busy, so i have no time to think about hunger and the day goes by pretty fast.

Keep it up guys, one more day, hopefully I'll get some of you to stick with me for the next 19

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 24, 2013, 01:28

Quote from 444rich on April 24, 2013, 00:03
My sense of smell seems to be really improved, I can smell food from a mile away now. Tomorrow is day 3 and it really has not been as bad as I thought it would be.

I think you will find that you are more sensitive to taste when you finish as well. I believe that is because with very low salt intake, your taste buds become more sensitive and your brain is no longer expecting every bite to be salty.

If it suits you, try to use salt very sparingly after your fast. I have found that I can really enjoy the taste of food. And you know? It really does taste good, just as it is.

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 24, 2013, 01:34

Well, I was bored on my day off, which gave me a lot more time to dwell on this feeling of incredible hunger. I'm usually pretty satisfied right after I finish a juice, but that feeling only lasts for about a half an hour before I start feeling hungry again. By 3 hours it's just about unbearable, and my stomach growls loud enough they might be able to hear it in the next county.

On the plus side, I still have plenty of energy, in spite of a major sleep shortage the last couple of nights. I got my house cleaned up and my closets reorganized, so at least I was able to be really productive.

I'm also running out of veggies, so tomorrow's juice that I take to work might be a little interesting. Or not. I did find a veggie protein isolate that whisks well into a finished juice, and I think my body is happier about getting back on protein again, since I eat a lot of it in my normal diet. It also makes the juices a little thicker and more satisfying. Also, I've found that they are definitely more drinkable when strained, although that takes extra time and makes more mess to clean up. Oh, well. With five days to go, drinkability is important.

So it's back to work tomorrow, and grocery shopping after. Good luck, all!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 24, 2013, 02:29

@Laura Remember, you can drink more or less juices based on when you get hungry. Don't worry if you need more juice, just drink it. I've learned to listen to what my body tells me. Sometimes I'll drink a juice within an hour of my last juice. After tomorrow you'll feel different. Awesome on the veggie protein isolate!

@John I find when I do eat out after a fast, I have to tell the waiter no salt most of the time. I did go out and get some more tea today. What kind do you usually get? I bought some good white tea this time.

@Rich It's really amazing how fast your sense return when on a juice fast. Just wait till your next 19 days are up and you go to take a bite of something. You'll be shocked at the flavor.

@Allison - I was a huge coffee drinker before my first fast. It was hard and the caffein headaches were horrible. You can take a tylenol or ibuprofen while on the fast. It sounds like you are in the detox process. Another day and you will be good!

@Stefanie @Jeanne How was everything today?

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 24, 2013, 03:26

@Don, my favorite tea of all time is Red Rooibos, from the root of an African plant. Twinning, among others, make it and I find it locally at World Market. Some regular stores carry it as well.

Or, you can buy it online, here is one link, but Google will reveal many others, including Amazon:

http://www.vitacost.com/twinings-100-organic-herbal-tea-rooibos-20-tea-bags-2?csrc=GPF-PA-070177278960&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=070177278960&gclid=CLPg3qSs4rYCFS9dQgodtWoAVA

This tea has a rich, slightly sweet flavor that is hard to describe exactly. When served with a little honey, I find it a bit like root beer, but not exactly.

Enjoy!

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 24, 2013, 04:13

Well, I made it through 3 days. The juices were better today - I wasn't crazy about the lunch one, but all the others were better. I am hungry, and spend a lot of my day that way but otherwise I'm okay. I think I will juice 2 meals tomorrow and then have a light dinner. That will be longer than I planned and I feel good about that. Thanks for your help in doing my 1st ever 3 day juice fast!
@Donnie, I made the orange/carrot juice for a snack between lunch and dinner, it was really good!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 24, 2013, 13:48

Good morning, Day 3!

I finally got a good night's sleep, and I feel good. I substituted grapefruit for lemon in my detox juice since I wanted to save my last lemon for lunch to take to work, and that was pretty yummy. I whipped up a little locovore juice for breakfast: greens including cilantro and basil from my garden, grapefruit from a friend's, and strawberries and snap peas from a little local farm. Whisked in some veggie protein isolate and my day is off to a lovely and delicious start (although the juice is a rather toxic-looking greenish brown, but you can't judge everything on appearance!)

Donnie, I don't think I can MAKE enough juice to keep from getting hungry...I have the same problem with food, which is why I decided to start my weight loss with the juice fast this time. But I'm hoping it'll get easier as the week goes on.

Have a wonderful day, everybody!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 24, 2013, 14:07

Laura, the hunger should diminish after today. Just stay focused and remember your goal. You're breakfast sounds delicious. You should take a pic next time and upload it!

Jeanne, If you're not liking any particular juice, change it, or replace it with one you do like. See if you can go all day with juice :)

John, I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Last day for those doing just the 3 Day Juice Fast! Congratulations!!!!! Let's finish out strong! 3 Days on Juice is something you can look back on and be proud of, give yourselves a huge pat on the back!

stefanie910
Juicer
stefanie910
on: April 24, 2013, 14:31

Hi everyone! Day two went surprisingly well for me! I had some Ibprofen for the headache and after that went away things got better! Now onto day 3..not feeling near as tired as yesterday and no headache! My breakfast recipe was pretty much same as yesterday included spinach, orange, apple, cucumber and grapes..not quite as tasty becasue I used a lotttt of spinach but still not to bad. I feel like I am getting the hang of this and that after today, I will be over that "hump"! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 24, 2013, 15:27

That's great Stefanie! Day 3 is hump day, it just gets easier after this. I remember getting a load of energy on day 4-5 compared to the first 3 days.

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 24, 2013, 16:46

Well, I do feel very good that I did all 3 days on a juice fast :) I have started today on juice & will see how far I go. I need to have a lot of energy tonight for a couple rehearsals. At any rate, I did the 3 that I wanted to and I would be starting to eat now for the marathon anyway.
Thanks all! Good luck on your last day, for those on the 3 day!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 24, 2013, 17:12

You did fantastic Jeanne! I do hope you still continue to post and visit us :) I'll be doing weekly or bi-weekly fasts here, so keep checking back when you're ready to do another fast!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 24, 2013, 17:17

I had a great 2nd Juice today. It had a veggie taste with some good tang that I was craving.

1 Granny Smith Apple
    4 Strawberries
    1/4 Lemon (peeled)
    6 Kale Leaves
    4 Stalks of Celery
    1 Cucumber
    1/2" Ginger Root

It was an awesome green juice and after drinking it I feel like challenging Jeanne to a race but I don't think I'd stand much of a chance haha! Good luck in the marathon Jeanne!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 24, 2013, 19:42

I second that: Good luck, Jeanne! You're amazing.

I've got 4 days to go, theoretically, and I'm still hoping that hunger thing will pass. Sadly, I think my sleep deprivation from the first two days has finally caught up with me, and after starting the day strong, I now feel desperately in need of a long nap. But since that's not really possible, as I have to go back to work, I mixed up a fruity, spicy lunch drink for some energy. It's pretty good, especially if you like sweet & spicy.

1 cup strawberries
1 cup pineapple
1 cup sugar snap peas (I wanted more protein)
3 handfuls power greens (spinach works)
1/2 jalapeno (I left the seeds in this time, which is definitely spicier)
1" ginger

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 24, 2013, 20:52

Laura, usually around day 3 the hunger passes, it depends on how your diet was before the fast. I'm sure your system will adjust soon and you'll be good. You're just about half way done, but in reality all the hard stuff is nearly finished.

That looks like a really good drink!!! I'm going to have to try that out. I would have never though about strawberries/pineapple/jalapeno but I'll try anything combo for a juice.

jw26pt2
Juicer
on: April 24, 2013, 22:35

Thanks, all, for the encouragement. This was a huge help, I know I wouldn't have been able to do more than 1 day on my own. I am almost to my goal weight and I plan on doing one more 3-4 day fast in a couple weeks. I am borrowing my daughter's juicer but I may buy a different one. I'm thinking of the Cuisinart CJE 1000, you can get them refurbished at Walmart.com for $79.
@Laura, I hope you get another good night's sleep! I will try sugar snap peas next time.
@Donnie, don't be too sure about me beating you unless it's long distance. I'm the tortoise, not the hare!
Good luck all!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Tags: , , , ,