twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Going to start juicing: some questions

andy4879
Going to start juicing: some questions
on: August 8, 2013, 17:18

hello everyone,

i am going to start juicing and i had questions about energy for exercise.

will i have enough energy to do my elliptical?

will i have enough energy to do 2-3 hours of my thrash metal drumming?

i usually do both in one day and that is what i was concerned about. thanks for the website and all of your help and insight!

also, should i do a juice meal replacement or a fast? i need to lose 60 pounds and i work out of my home so i have enough time to juice.

sincerely,
andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Going to start juicing: some questions
on: August 8, 2013, 18:38

Andy, you should have enough energy to do your elliptical and your drumming. Just remember that during the first three days it's best to let your body rest and recover, as you'll be detoxing. Keep your exercises light and to a minimum.

If you're goal is to lose 60 then I would suggest a full juice fast. You can however stagger your fasts and do 2 weeks on 1 week off. Just make sure you are eating just fresh fruits and veggies during your off week and still incorporating juices into your diet.

I'm looking forward to hearing how things go Andy. Keep me posted! I'm here if you have questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

andy4879
on: August 8, 2013, 19:04

thank you so much! do you know from experience about how much this costs to do each week? i want to do a full juicing plan but when i did medifast, drinking those small drinks didn't work. i needed food. will this be different? thank you,andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 8, 2013, 23:21

Andy, it averaged out to cost me about $10-$15 per day. When I take into consideration what I was spending every day to feed myself, the savings were huge! Just understand this isn't in excess to your grocery bill, it is your grocery bill and food costs for you, for the entire duration you're on the fast.

Also, you don't need food, you need nutrition. Try to get out of the habit of thinking that food only comes in a solid form and you'll handle the fast just fine. As long as you're getting the proper nutrition and maintain some self control you'll have an amazing fast with some fantastic results!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

andy4879
on: August 9, 2013, 00:46

so with working out, i won't feel like i need more? i am a type 2 diabetic who beat it early on and i am nothing for it and can eat what i want but if i don't get enough food or (nutrition), i feel sick and i have to eat. will this be enough for me? what should i do if i need more energy? do you have a particular energy recipe? your help is most appreciated!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 9, 2013, 15:16

Andy, if you feel like you need more than just have another juice, it's as simple as that. A good energy drink I use to start my day off is this:

1 Golden Delicious Apple
1-2 Inches of Ginger

It's more like shot really. I have right when I wake up. But you can have it through out the day in addition to your juices for some energy.

andy4879
on: August 9, 2013, 15:37

i guess my main question is: will juicing make your stomach feel like it is full like whole foods do?

andy4879
on: August 9, 2013, 15:55

i drink lacroise carbonated water. it has no salt or calories or sugar. can i still drink that?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 9, 2013, 21:56

Juicing will readjust your body and mind. Some people can get full on a slice of pizza while others feel the need to eat a whole pizza in order to have that full feeling. Most people are surprised at how full they are when they juice. You're going to have to try it out to understand Andy.

That's one of the more natural and better carbonated waters out there. It won't interfere with your fast at all. Enjoy Andy!

andy4879
on: August 9, 2013, 23:59

thank you sir!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 10, 2013, 04:31

You're most welcome Andy!

andy4879
on: August 11, 2013, 18:16

another question: i have seen joe cross do his mean green video and he juiced apples whole and lemons whole. is that okay or do you have to peel citrus and core apples?

also, what can i substitute for basil?

thank sin advance!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 11, 2013, 20:10

It's best to core your apples and peel your lemons. Joe also mentioned if you don't normally eat it, don't juice it. Do you usually eat apple seeds and lemon rinds? The lemon rinds will make your juice bitter so it's best to peel them.

Look over the substitution list, I'm sure Basil is on there. Good luck Andy!

andy4879
on: August 12, 2013, 13:20

hey donnie,

i just did the first juice after the lemon water. i did the one on your list with the apples,blueberries,kale,grapes,cucumber,and ginger and it is really strong. i think it is the ginger. is there anything i can cut that down with? i think it is the ginger. should i just use less? thanks so much,andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 16:50

It's most likely the ginger Andy. While ginger is great for you and your fast, it is also harsh and some people don't take to it too well. Try cutting the amount of ginger in half and see if that helps. If it doesn't, try removing it completely and see if the juice is still too strong. If it is, we will narrow it down and figure out what in the juice is to harsh and come up with a suitable replacement. So try cutting back on the ginger and let me know if that's it Andy.

andy4879
on: August 12, 2013, 17:58

i did another juice and it was the same so i will try cutting it down. it hits the back of my throat harsh. thanks.

andy4879
on: August 12, 2013, 18:11

on a darker side, is explosive diarrhea common after 2 shakes? i only ate fruit yesterday so i had a lot of fiber but i went this morning and before your email, i had to run! i have ibs so i welcome going but not like this. i figure it is a phase but since we are juicing, is this going to happen the whole time? thanks again!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 21:30

It should stop once you've cleared everything out and your body adjusts Andy.

Simon
Juicer
on: August 13, 2013, 11:13

HI everyone, I am new to Juicing. I pick my juicer up this afternoon. The fridge is full of veg and fruit. I am both really excited and very nervous. I have read some great success stories. I can wait to get home and start my new life. I am anxious tho as vegetables are not my favorite things to eat. Does anyone have any advice for my first juice session or any good recipies for beginners. Thanks

andy4879
on: August 13, 2013, 14:16

hello simon,

this whole website is full of recipes and starting tips. just look at the top of the page and you will find everything. yesterday was my first day juicing and i drank 4 of them and the ginger was harsh so you might want to omit that. there is a substitution list above in case you don't like something. i lost 4.2 pounds in one day and i have a ton of energy. welcome and if you have any questions, this is a great site to get answers.

sincerely,
andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 13, 2013, 16:22

Don't be nervous Simon, juicing is going to make such a positive impact on your health. All the recipes are good ones, try the morning glory one listed on the plan. It's one of the most popular. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Keep us posted with your status and know that I'm here if you have any questions.

Andy, I hope you're having a fantastic day! How is everything going for you today?

andy4879
on: August 13, 2013, 16:33

good morning donnie,

i am great thank you. how are you? i lost 4.2 pounds in one day! i was a little hungry last night but i had a fourth shake and that took care of it. i did your recipe with the beet and it tasted like dirt even though i washed the beet well. the cucumber flavor is getting to be a little too much but i have been using english cucumbers since my grocery was out of regular ones. if i substitute romaine or zucchini for cucumbers, won't i get less juice?

thank you,
andy

andy4879
on: August 14, 2013, 13:26

day 3:

i was very tired last night and i slept better than i have in a long while. i lost 1.4 pounds since yesterday for a total of 5.6 pounds. i bought some more produce to try different things. i drank less green juice yesterday so maybe that is why not much weight loss compared to the day before. will keep posting.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 15:57

Andy, that's great news on your weight loss! You're doing really well on your fast! You can substitute romaine or zucchini but I find that they put out almost an equal amount of juice. If you have to, dilute it with some water or just use more romaine or zucchini. Make sure your juices are 80/20 with 80% veggie and 20% fruit. Keep us posted and have a fantastic day!

andy4879
on: August 14, 2013, 16:25

thanks for the words donnie! i watched joe's dvd yesterday and it is impressive how many people jumped on the bandwagon. i know i could not get that reaction up here in cleveland, georgia. they live on lard,gravy,and everything fried. i will keep you updated and thanks again for the help. you are an invaluable source and i will tell more people about this site!

sincerely,
andy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: , , , ,