twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Going to start juicing: some questions

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Going to start juicing: some questions
on: August 18, 2013, 02:35

Also, try taking a ginger shot before you drum.

1 golden delicious apple
1-2 inches of ginger.

If the ginger is too harsh, then just use 1/4 lemon instead.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

andy4879
on: August 18, 2013, 02:43

hey donnie,

i am not constipated, i am just not having bowel movements. is that normal? i had 2 apples and 2 oranges juiced before i drummed and it was okay but not like when i have a can of tuna. the juice gives me quick energy and then i come down and feel tired. i feel like i should be drinking the juice all day constantly. today is day 6 and this morning, i was down 10 pounds and i went shopping today and stocked up. can i take any protein powder for energy or anything else?

andy4879
on: August 18, 2013, 02:44

i did the apples and oranges and i i can't handle the ginger.

andy4879
on: August 18, 2013, 15:03

day 7! last night was tough as i wanted everything i saw on tv but my willpower is strong. i only lost .8 pounds last night. if i increase my greens, will i gain more wait by adding them to your recipes? i thought the more green leaves, the better but i have been adding more to get more nutrients.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 18, 2013, 17:37

Andy, it's perfectly normal to not have to go since you aren't giving your body any solids to produce any bowel movements. You shouldn't gain any weight by increasing your greens intake. Fruits on the other hand will have an impact due to the amount of sugar. That's why it's best to not exceed that 80/20 ratio on the veggies and fruits.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

andy4879
on: August 18, 2013, 18:54

thanks and i went a little today.

andy4879
on: August 18, 2013, 23:23

can i take any protein powder for energy or anything else?

andy4879
on: August 19, 2013, 14:02

donnie,

i gained a pound. i am juicing 4 times a day and drinking after each juice so why the weight gain? also, the protein powder question?

thanks,andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 19, 2013, 15:50

Andy, are you working out any? If you are then you are probably still losing weight (fat) and the weight you are gaining is muscle. It's going to happen if you work out. How close to your weight goal are you?

andy4879
on: August 19, 2013, 15:53

i have drummed once for an hour but nothing past that. i need to lose 60 pounds and i have lost 9 pounds in 7 days which i know is good but i did not gain a pound of muscle. do you think i should lower my fruit intake? i noticed that i was mixing your mean green recipe with joe's and his says 2 apples and your says one so i did yours this morning. what about the protein powder?

andy4879
on: August 19, 2013, 16:51

i am using the bagged cut up kale and it does not yield much juice. is that normal?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 20, 2013, 03:14

The protein powder will slow down your weight loss most likely. Less fruit is better if you want to lose that weight. If you're exercising (including drumming) it's possible that you are slowly building muscle. It's normal for kale and spinach to not produce much juice. The juice they do produce is really concentrated though. If you're not getting that much though, then just add more. Use a few handfuls if you have to Andy.

kiddo123
Juicer
on: August 20, 2013, 20:55

hello this is my first time day two. Does anyone know if you can drink hot tea?

andy4879
on: August 20, 2013, 21:12

yes you can but try to use stevia as a sweetener.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 21, 2013, 15:34

Hot tea is fine, try to keep it decaf if you can as caffeine is something you should try to rid your body of.

andy4879
on: August 21, 2013, 15:42

donnie,

my mom wants to know if you can make the juice thicker? she wants to make it more filling. thanks and today is day 10 and i am down 12 pounds. also, correct me if i am wrong but isn't all tea is decaffeinated?

thanks,
andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 21, 2013, 15:48

Andy, all tea is not decaffeinated. Green tea and black tea are pretty heavy on caffeine unless it's stated that it's decaf.

The only way to make the juice thicker is to add some of the pulp in there and that would mean introducing solids that would have to be passed through the digestive system. That would defeat the purpose of the fast. An idea that might work is to freeze them partially so they are of a thicker consistency. This might work out for her.

andy4879
on: August 24, 2013, 14:54

hey donnie,

i drummed yesterday for a longer period of time and i made a shake last night and tried leaving the rinds on an orange. BIG MISTAKE! i just wanted to try it. i think it made me sick. i was at 14 pounds weight loss on friday and i drank 3 shakes yesterday and drummed heavily for over an hour but i drank a lot more water than a non-work out day and today i weighed and it was still 14 pounds. do you think it is water weight? thanks buddy!

andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 24, 2013, 20:23

Yeah, the rinds leave a pretty bitter bad taste in the juices. That's why I suggest you always peel them. I did the same thing, I wanted to try it one time. That was the last time I did! It's most likely water weight and will disappear. Keep on juicing Andy!

andy4879
on: August 24, 2013, 20:34

but would it make me sick?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 24, 2013, 20:51

It could make you sick if it wasn't cleaned or bacteria got in it. Other than that it's usually the bad taste that you'll experience. That in itself can make you feel sick sometimes. Just drink plenty of water and don't juice with the rinds on any more Andy.

andy4879
on: August 24, 2013, 20:56

yes sir!

andy4879
on: August 26, 2013, 14:26

donnie,

i am dying from my juices being too sweet. i need something savory. can i have some light salt chicken soup with just broth? i have weakend my juices to just one apple but my sweet tooth is overloaded. what can we have in the winter? can we have soups? 2 weeks today and down 16 pounds and felling good! thanks,andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 26, 2013, 15:43

Andy, you can make juices and warm them up to eat them like soups. There's a thread in the recipes forum that talks about some soups. You should take a look at it and try a few out. They really help during winter time. But stay away from chicken soup or anything that you don't make out of your juicer until you come off the fast.

Congrats on 2 weeks and 16 pounds Andy! That's really awesome!!!

andy4879
on: August 26, 2013, 15:46

thanks donnie,

sounds good!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: , , , ,