twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Going to start juicing: some questions

andy4879
Re: Going to start juicing: some questions
on: August 14, 2013, 17:02

i just tried joe cross's v28, DISGUSTING! i know we can add salt but that did not help at all! any pointers on that one or just stay away from it? thanks.

andy4879
on: August 14, 2013, 17:08

also, do i really have to be drinking after every juice because i think it is making me not lose more weight? i feel so full after the juice and water.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 17:13

While I haven't tried his v28, I've tried a few others that were really good. It's really beet heavy but if you're looking for a juice like that that will give you a good taste then try out this one:

http://www.justonjuice.com/tornado-juice-recipe/

Feel free to add a jalapeno to it or even a few drops of your favorite hot sauce.

If you're talking about drinking water after every juice then yes, you need to drink enough to dilute it as it helps greatly with the absorption process. You might want to try lessening the quantity of your recipes a little bit so you don't feel overly stuffed with liquid. Remember, the more water you can get in you, the better.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

andy4879
on: August 14, 2013, 17:20

thanks!

andy4879
on: August 14, 2013, 19:42

donnie,

i just mowed most of my lawn(push/self propelled mover)and i was able to do it but i feel like i told you i might feel. this is usually what happens when i don't eat enough. i was drinking plenty of water and now i am having one of your juices. i am hoping it subsides soon. this could be my diabetes. i am not on any meds or have any rules. i am type 2 and i beat it after 3 months of being diagnosed. do you think i overdid it on the yard work? i didn't feel like that the whole time so i am thinking i over did it. let me know.

thanks,
andy

andy4879
on: August 14, 2013, 19:46

also, is there something quick i can juice instead of drinking orange juice in the cartoon like most diabetics do when they get low blood sugar so i can get that sugar in me? should i juice an orange and apple for a quick sugar fix?

quick history about me. since i beat the diabetes and am so active, i get low blood sugar a lot and i think this is what i am experiencing. let me know.
thanks,andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 21:28

It's possible you did overdo it on the yard work. Try making some of your own juice with oranges and apples. That should do the trick for you. You may also want to consider taking a quick ginger shot or two throughout the day.

1 Golden Delicious Apple
1 inch ginger

That's good for quick boost of sugar here and there.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

andy4879
on: August 14, 2013, 21:47

remember the ginger was harsh. after i wrote you, i had explosive diarrhea again. how much longer will that last? i want to go into public?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 15, 2013, 03:19

Well Andy, you are only on day 3 so you must still have a lot in your system from before you started your fast. Try drinking less juice per sitting for now and spread your juices out more throughout the day.

andy4879
on: August 15, 2013, 13:25

good morning,

that sounds about right because for some reason my shakes are over 20 ounces. i have been drinking the foam too because i mix it up after it is juiced. is that okay to do? when i go it is all liquid, no more solids. last night was horrible. i had a juice for dinner and felt so sick afterwards. i had a massive headache,was very nauseous, and was very tired.

i know people get headaches on this but i thought it was in the first 1-2 days. anyways, today is a new day and i only lost 1 pound since yesterday. is that because i drank so much extra water from doing yard work? i drank probably 200 ounces of total liquid yesterday.

thanks again for your help or as i like to call it, mentoring!

i hope you have a great day,

andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 15, 2013, 15:46

Andy, it almost sounds as if you have a case of food poisoning. I would suggest you either go back to solids for a while to see if it stops or go see a doctor.

On the other hand, 200 ounces is a lot of liquid. I think it's best if you start including a few raw salads into your diet until you start to feel better. If it persists or gets worse, then go see a doctor. But try adding raw veggies to your diet and see if that helps. If it does then you may have to slowly go back to being just on juice.

andy4879
on: August 15, 2013, 16:02

i feel better today. i was just really weak yesterday and when i get tired, i get feeling like i am sick so i am doing better today and will stick with it. as far as the liquid goes, 16-20 ounces per juice with ice x4 equals at least 80 ounces and i drank 60 ounces of water plus another 60 outside while working. thank you!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 15, 2013, 18:10

I'm glad you're feeling better Andy. Keep at it and see how it goes. I'm sure you're through the detox period or just about through it by now. Keep me posted and let me know how things progress.

andy4879
on: August 15, 2013, 18:23

thanks donnie!

andy4879
on: August 15, 2013, 22:10

i had an apple and an orange juice and then i went and finished the lawn and i was cool! thanks for the tip. i drink my juice with crushed ice and i eat the ice as well. is that okay?

also, i went to the bathroom today and it was just 2 little pieces. is that normal?

thanks again!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 16, 2013, 00:19

It shouldn't be a problem drinking it with crushed ice. Just remember that cold liquid takes longer for your body to process.

If you had an apple, that's what I would expect to come out Andy.

andy4879
on: August 16, 2013, 01:25

so i should be drinking this warm?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 16, 2013, 05:52

If you want to. I'm just saying that it will take your system longer to process your juices with the ice in it. But if the ice helps to make your drink more enjoyable then stick with it. It's not going to make or break your fast.

andy4879
on: August 16, 2013, 11:43

thanks. today is day 5! i had to get up early or an appointment. i did not sleep well. can i make a big batch of juice and use it 2 or 3 times? thanks donnie.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 16, 2013, 16:49

Andy, you can make a big batch, just make sure you store it well or it will spoil. Congrats on day 5!!!

andy4879
on: August 16, 2013, 16:51

thanks and i went and ran errands! no toilet problem. will i be going less now?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 16, 2013, 23:57

Most likely now that everything is cleared up you'll be fine. Just keep doing what you're doing Andy.

andy4879
on: August 17, 2013, 00:16

thanks donnie but now i am constipated. i feel like i have to go and nothing but i feel like something is going to erupt soon. i joined some other discussions on here to get tips and give them. you are awesome and your help i have seen you write to people is so caring and inspirational. keep up being who you are!

sincerely,
andy

andy4879
on: August 17, 2013, 01:28

also, the energy i get after drinking juice does not last long. i need more energy to drum. any suggestions?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 18, 2013, 02:34

Thanks Andy, I do my best to help!

As far the constipation, you shouldn't feel that way as you aren't eating any solids. If you have to, try taking a laxative tea but be careful as you don't want the diarrhea to come back. Try changing up your juices and use different fruits as I find that some can give me a longer lasting energy as opposed to others. Try using some oranges.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: , , , ,