twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: THE WORST PREP!!!!

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
THE WORST PREP!!!!
on: August 4, 2013, 22:47

OK, I know getting ready for a fast can make all the difference, and I have just had the worst prep for one.

For a start I had a Boston Butt in my freezer that I BBQ'd low n slow for 6hrs or so and then ate most of over the last week. Then went to a family wedding and ate venison Wellington, plus dessert and cheese board, along with copious amounts of alcohol (beer and rum) on Fri night, Sat started with bacon, sausage, egg, beans cooked breakfast and Sat night I went out with my wife to an Indian restaurant (well I am on holiday in Yorkshire :) ) and ate mutton curry, chicken curry, poppadums, naan, dhal, rice, more and more beer and rum, Sunday I had another cooked breakfast, lots of black tea and coffee with milk and sugar, then a roast beef dinner with Yorkshire puds and all the trimmings (well I am on holiday in Yorkshire) and red wine, and cheesecake and banoffee pie and ice-cream and chocolate, and crisps, then went out with my Father-in-law and had 5pts strong beer, and brandy.

I think not only will I have a hangover tomorrow, I'm feeling pretty toxic and will have a rough week. However I have fasted on more than one occasion and am prepared, I have been looking longingly at my pile of fruit and veg for the last few days waiting to get started, I have more than one modus opperandi for motivation, and I know I can do it... Just need to get over the next few days....

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: THE WORST PREP!!!!
on: August 5, 2013, 05:32

Wow Rob! That's a lot of food there! I'm wishing you the best of luck on your fast. You're going to have to overcome your temptations to eat like that when you come off your fast. Keep me posted.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 5, 2013, 09:06

To be honest its not the food I'm worried about

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 17:14

Yeah, I hear you on that one. Keep hydrated and drink lots of water Rob. How are you feeling?

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 5, 2013, 17:51

Honestly... Well this morning I felt terrible, as to be expected. I got up about 9.30 and had a Morning Glory juice and a pint of water. It was delicious but did not sit well at all, in fact about 11.30 I very heartily vomited it all up, though I think even had I eaten I would have been ill. I decided to listen to my body and eat something solid just to soak up the acid I was feeling. So cheese on toast it was. Nevermind, not to be deterred I went swimming in the afternoon with my family and started to get over my funk. I'm now back home and have just had a Bruschetta Tang, which I bulked out with celery and cucumber to make it up to a pint, it is also delicious. Thats gone down well and I'm back on track.

I will have another juice a bit later, and will keep drinking the water. It was just a blip, which I probably deserved for being too flippant, now I'm looking forward to detoxing and getting my health back on track

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 19:00

Glad you're back on track Rob! The good thing is that you listened to your body. We fail to do that a lot and try to stick to routine even though our bodies try to tell us differently some times. Keep it up Rob, you're getting back on track with your health! Keep me posted.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,