twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: PLANT BASED DIETS VS. MEAT BASED DIETS

Jf479
Juicer
PLANT BASED DIETS VS. MEAT BASED DIETS
on: August 3, 2013, 15:05

I've been watching Dan Mcdonalds videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/liferegenerator

This guy has really inspired me and has opened my mind up about the truth and benefits of raw foods, diets and juicing. I decided to follow him on Facebook and I was reading some of his his notes and came across this - http://tinyurl.com/PLANT-BASED-DIETS-VS-MEAT-BAS

I hope you enjoyed reading that, we just dont realise the damaging effects of eating crap has on our body' and we take everything for granted.

Hope you learned something from this and carry on juicing :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: PLANT BASED DIETS VS. MEAT BASED DIETS
on: August 3, 2013, 18:09

Thanks for the link! It's really amazing that people continue to eat certain things that they know are harmful to them. It just goes to show that the food addiction is worse than any other addiction.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 3, 2013, 18:21

What I found interesting was the part about smells. I don't know how many times I've been self conscious in the heat because you know I'm overweight, I'm sweating like a pig, and it's 102 degrees outside, and I was eating deicious greasy meats.

My aim is to be able to enjoy meat as a TREAT eventually which is probably how it should be treated if it's going to be eaten. :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 18:29

I enjoy meat but the problem is, good meat is hard to come by. Most of your grocery store meat is corn fed. If you look at how that corn is produced, and how those animals are raised, it's just not natural. Natural grazing raised cattle is hard to find.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 5, 2013, 17:57

I too enjoy meat, as my previous thread will affirm. But we do try to buy our meat from our local farmshop, that way not only do we support a small local economy, but we can ask how the meat was produced, it comes from the farm direct so it cuts down on carbon miles etc, and because its more expensive than supermarket meat we don't buy so much of it, and go for the cheaper longer to cook pieces that stretch further

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 18:55

Rob, that's a great way to do it. I try to get meat locally for the same reasons. It may be more expensive but the quality that you get is well worth it.

Wendy
Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 16:56

I've been enjoying a plant based diet for a couple of years now and that's how I treat meat - like ticking counterparts said, like a snack. Every now and then if I'm at a restaurant that serves grass-fed beef, I'll indulge! But I find it's even more difficult to stay away from dairy than it is from meat.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,