twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Starting 30 day fast 22/07/13

juicevirgin
Juicer
Starting 30 day fast 22/07/13
on: July 22, 2013, 01:39

Hey juicers, this is my first fast and thought I'd post in anticipation of beginning tomorrow morning.
Juicer is ready to go, produce purchased, inspirational YouTube vids watched. I decided to go all out and start with a 30 day after being so fed up with the cycle of dieting, I am not a virgin to juicing only to fasting. Anyway, I'm 24 from UK and am overweight, ok ok extremely overweight after a foot operation left me unable to stand let alone exercise for over 6 months. Put on a large amount of weight very quickly and cannot shift it due to my now damaged foot hindering my exercise chances. Anyone currently fasting or thinking about it I wish you the best of luck and hope I can get some support on the forums here throughout my fast. Good luck folks. :)

PattiRob
Juice Professional
Re: Starting 30 day fast 22/07/13
on: July 22, 2013, 04:04

Hi juicevirgin, I can totally relate to your post and I, too, will be starting a juice fast in order to lose 60 pounds. I won't be starting until the 29th as we are going on vacation this week. I wish you the very best of luck on your fast and will be starting a week after you.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 22, 2013, 05:12

Welcome to JOJ Juicevirgin! Congrats on starting your first fast tomorrow. Just stay focused on your goals and push any cravings out of the way! Keep me posted how it goes tomorrow and I'll be here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

vickymoo
Juicer
vickymoo
on: July 22, 2013, 09:33

Good luck on your 30 days plan! I am only starting out at 7, althought I would go for 10 if its going well! The hubby thinks I'll only last 5 so extra motivated to prove him wrong! Did you see that documentary last week on 5? Is that what inspired you to juice?

juicevirgin
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 11:01

Vickymoo, fat sick and nearly dead was initially my inspiration. I thought both those guys were amazing to have gone that long before I started researching and realised that everyone who can stick it out for the 30days seemed to want to go longer. I have a lot of weight to lose so hopefully fasting can give me a good starting point. I had warm water and lemon this morning and have just had my first juice, 4 carrots, an apple, a lemon and threw a pear in there as they are ripening too quick to use. Not actually as bad as I thought, can't say I feel any better for it just yet but ill keep posting daily, can't wait to get on the scales tomorrow and see the difference.

MissVRCarver
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 11:24

Good Luck JuiceVirgin, I am starting a 7 day fast today :-)

vickymoo
Juicer
vickymoo
on: July 22, 2013, 12:33

That documentary was what put me onto juicing, could not get over the health benefits! We were all watching it and now 2 of my sister in laws are going to do it too! Good luck, glad the taste is going well

Debi
Juice Expert
Debi
on: July 22, 2013, 21:24

I'm on day 19 of a 30 day fast. Not sure how much I have lost because I decided not to weigh myself til after day 30. It has actually kept me motivated because I am hoping to see a nice big number for weight loss. JuiceVirgin just focus on one day at a time it helps. I got some colored star stickers and every morning I put one on the calender to show how many days I have done. Just felt like I was giving myself a reward every day. lol Good luck on your fast.

juicevirgin
Juicer
on: July 23, 2013, 11:34

Wow Debi, that's definite will power, I can't go a day without weighing, I was so excited to jump on the scales this morning, down 5lbs, it may be just water weight but I'm chuffed. After feeling really sick yesterday and massive headache kicking in last night, knowing its doing good helps with the motivation. Finding water and lemon first thing the hardest part really because I don't like hot drinks, that and cleaning the juicer, my hands are raw! Do you feel better Debi? Even not knowing how much lighter you are!?

Debi
Juice Expert
Debi
on: July 23, 2013, 14:55

I do feel better. I am able to fit into some clothes that were either tight or just didn't fit. I am very proud of myself that I am keeping my promise to myself to go 30 days on a juice fast. I had only done a juice fast one other time and it was for 7 days. I have had some hard days but I just keep my goal in mind and breathe til my craving of food passes. Good luck on your fast JuiceVirgin.

juicevirgin
Juicer
on: July 24, 2013, 14:25

Well I wish you the best of luck Debi, you're doing amazing. I'm on day 3 craving carbs sooooo bad, I think the hardest thing is having to make dinner for my partner, smelling lamb and new buttery potatoes nearly got me last night. Staying strong though, my skin already feels clearer and I'm sure my energy levels will pick up after the detox phase, just got to make it to 7 days and ill be fine from there I hope. It does get better after the first few right? Cos this headache is killer.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 24, 2013, 17:57

Debi, you are doing great! Keep on juicing! I love to hear of people succeeding towards their goals. Keep us posted.

Juicevirgin, Congrats on day 3! Stay strong and don't succumb to those cravings. After detox it's smooth sailing and most of the symptoms will go away. If you do have headaches, it's okay to take tylenol or ibuprofen. They won't interfere with your fast. Keep us updated.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

juicevirgin
Juicer
on: July 25, 2013, 18:44

I'm really struggling today, I really want to complete 30 days and I haven't even got to day 5. Any advice on when this gets easier? Cravings are terrible this evening!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 25, 2013, 23:18

Juicevirgin, you're still going through detox. That phase usually lasts 3-5 days and when it's over you'll tell a huge difference. Don't let those cravings get to you. Distance yourself from temptation. You can do this and it will be worth it.

Debi
Juice Expert
Debi
on: July 26, 2013, 15:33

I am on day 23 of 30 and I still have cravings. I wrote myself a letter and hung it on my wall saying why I was going to do a juice fast and my goals. When you get cravings it is hard to think of anything but what you are craving so that is when I go over to the wall and read the letter I wrote. Helps bring me back to why I started. I also come to this site and read peoples posts and it helps motivate me too.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 26, 2013, 22:49

Great idea Debi and an excellent way to motivate yourself. Congrats on day 23! You are doing amazing!!!

juicevirgin
Juicer
on: July 27, 2013, 12:57

Ok, so I'm on day 6, still no massive change, headaches are still on and off and had terrible stomach pain last night, no idea why. But I'm persevering, determined to at least make day 10 and I'm sure it'll get easier from there. I said I'd post as often as possible, mainly to keep myself motivated as there's so many determined juicers on these forums and the feedback does distract me for a while. It is getting easier to cook for my boyfriend without wanting to dive in and eat, it's still a huge temptation which I guess won't suddenly disappear. Anyway, just wanted to update and wish everyone continuing good luck. :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 27, 2013, 19:40

Juicevirgin, temptations will always be there, but they lessen over time drastically. It's just a matter of will power. If you're having stomach pains make sure you are drinking plenty of water, especially right after you have a juice. Did you try a new ingredient or use more of a particular ingredient recently? That might also be the cause. Keep doing your best, it will pay off!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,