twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Oct 7 - first day on the 7 day juice fast!!

minoothecat
Juice Expert
Oct 7 - first day on the 7 day juice fast!!
on: October 9, 2013, 03:44

Wow, it has been 2 days only but it seems like many days ago that I began juicing.

My parents made juice using carrots, beets, oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes, watermelon, canteloupe, grapes and apples. I bought my juicer a few years ago and took the dust off of it on Sunday :). I had packed it away but it is so handy now.

Who else began on the 7th? Maybe we can share and support.

JoeWee
Juicer
JoeWee
Re: Oct 7 - first day on the 7 day juice fast!!
on: October 9, 2013, 09:40

Sounds like 80/20 Favoring the fruit :)

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 9, 2013, 15:17

Hi Joe, our juicing was not for losing weight but strictly for nutrition and enjoyment. The mixed juices at times were carrots, apples and beets or at times mixing citrus family fruits together. The rest all individual juices pretty much.

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 10, 2013, 19:56

So nobody seems to be posting or want to share the experience. I would join your thread or topic! For now day 4 and suffering a little. Headache on day 2 and had to take aspirin. Today feeling a bit down and hope to continue though. I keep worrying about not having enough protein or uncomfortable about adding more fruit wanting to keep the 20 80 ratio. With all that I think I will have some juice bec I feel hungry.
I have been using mostly the suggested recipes. I do have a watermelon and a Cantaloupe too that I need to use up soon.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 10, 2013, 21:42

Hi Cat,

Hang in there it will get better!! today is my day one and i started a thread and will update it with mine and my wifes info and struggles each day...you are ahead of us by a few days but you can do this!! ill be in your shoes and feeling the headaches and such in the next couple of days too!
heres a recipe to use you cantelope up : MELON JUICE
2 Apples
1/2 Cantaloupe
1/2 Honeydew
6-8 Leaves Kale
6-8 Leaves Swiss Chard
you can replace the honeydew and use a whole cantaloupe instead....and can replace the chard with spinach ..this web site has a substitution list under juicing tips if you need other replacement ideas..depending on the cantaloupe size and freshness this can produce up to 32oz of juice,
hope that helps you with your need to use it.
on my thread I also posted a blody mary typr drink with a picture of everything going into it and will post a pic of the finished p[roduct later with how much it made
also heres something for the watermelon
Watermelon lime juice
3 cups diced watermelon (seedless)
1 lime (peel removed)

or this
watermelon-pineapple-ginger juice
1/3 pineapple, cored and skin removed
2 large watermelon slices
1 inch ginger root

cant seem to find any watermelon ones that are not mostly sugar but its a way for you to use the watermelon and have this juice as a snack..

talk again soon stay strong
Ray

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 11, 2013, 00:34

Hello Ray,

thank you so much for your reply. You may not get a headache at all. I am more prone to headaches. I am definitely going to use your recipes. I know you are on day 1 but sounds like you began your journey for a while already and planned it out. Oh so nice to have both of you doing it. I do share my juice in the evening with others but they are not fasting. I am taking it easy on doing physical activities but am thinking about going to a Sauna or go to hot yoga. I feel like I need to do something's to complete the experience. I just hope I can reach my goal by the end of the fast. It goes fast btw.. Ok, on to your thread now..these recipes you left above, are these 20/80 veg?

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 11, 2013, 01:13

Hi Cat,
those are not 80/20 for the canteloupe and watermelon but I thought it was a good way for you to use those fruits before they expire. As far as the recipes on my thread I am trying to stick to them all being 80 veggies and 20 fruits! sometimes in the morning they may be abit sweet but then at night they are heavy in veggies! Im glad to see your doing better now... keep going on!
Everyone that tastes the juices has loved them and at least vowed to incorporate them into their daily diet at least once or twice a day from now on and / or said if they see me loose weight and look heathier they may consider a fast too :)
Maybe just try to incorporate some walking and cardio to your day too see how you feel, but im thinking after day four you should have the energy to conquer the world!
thanks for sharing
talk soonest
ray

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 11, 2013, 18:50

I think I could make those more diet like by taking away one fruit and add a vegetable.

I made a juice of strawberries, orange, spinach, celery and cucumber. Easy to drink it. I am better off not forcing the juice down and just stop. I drink it later though.

A bit worries about holding on to my juicing during the weekend but I really, really want to though.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 11, 2013, 19:05

Hi Cat,

Yes definately a good idea to try to add in some greens, all of these recipes can be modified in one way or the other. I find that all of the ones I make are in one way or another because I have to make larger batches ..sometimes I just double everything and other times I only double certian things and substitute others..the one thing so far that has been the best addition was the hot sauce especially after it was in the fridge for a while...it seems to have gotten spicer:)
I understand how you are worried about the weekend, but you have come this far and it should be no problem to keep going...i was at the store today and i passed s subway and the bread was smelling soo good you could almost see the scent trail going into my nose and then ther sushi place and then the bakery...it was alot butI did learn to just shrug it off and keep going it was good test but not one i need to put myself thru. On the plus side the store has the scale i use to weigh in and I know I sai i wasnt going to weigh so soon and also know tha one day you can loose alot of weight and the next little to none, but with that said I was at 261 Lbs from 264...so in the middle of day two im down 3 lbs just like that and it took me over amonth to loose 6lbs ...so this is very encouraging to me and makes me want to stick it out for the whole 60 days!!
I know a guy isnt supposed to ask but this is just on juice...how is your weight comming along?
im gonna go reply in the other thread too
stay strong
Ray

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 11, 2013, 19:29

YES, I am so happy for your loss Ray :-)haha the weight loss that is. I came back to the thread bec I wanted to ask what brand of scale do you guys use and I saw you use the stores which is probably the most accurate. I liked the addition of the hot sauce too but glad I did not add any garlic bec the first time I made a similar juice, I did not like it at all but I did like it this time. I have been a bit treating this juice business like medicine lol and wanting to be as close to getting the right things together as possible. I do drink some carbonated water here and there too. Next, want to try coconut water bec I heard it is very good and no sugar. About weight, nothing as stellar as yours or some others but I was very happy when I lost a whole pound today bec I really was hoping for it bec yesterday it was all a few oz I think. :-). I add some more to the evening juices bec family they like to try it too. Thing is I just drink it slowly but they gulp it down and then eat their dinner. Hahah. But, I have put a bIg dent in socializing at least the eating and drinking aspect of it. Ha ha. I can't really get an accurate read on my scale. It may show me three diff (although pretty close reads) reads and I do think that it shows a pound less already. I don't like that.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 11, 2013, 20:23

I think once you have the basics down with the juice then its about some expermenting all while giving your body the vitamins and nutriens it needs make sure your drinking at leazt 16oz of water after each juice and yes try to stay away from the sweet drinks with too much sugar, and drink juice when your hungry...right now I seem to be getting in about 3-4 juices a day 16-20oz each..I may not drinkall 16 or 20 oz then i just save it in a mason jar and drink it later. like today dinner will be my 3rd drink-20oz for breakfast/14 oz for lunch/ and 20 oz will be for dinner...and I will make about 20oz for the two of us -to put in the fridge for any snack craving in the night in place of her ice cream habit at midnight and in place of my green apples and peanut butter i usually snack on in themiddle of the night.
I dont have ascale at home so the store one is good enough and it least im always using the same scale each time...I know its acurate because it stayed at 270 for a long long time and didnt move until ichanged up my diet and then it took about amonth or two but i got it down to 264 Lbs and for that im happy and when I saw it go down 3 lbs today I was surprised as can be!I definately can tell the toxins are leaving my body slowly but surely.
Im sure your family and freinds would benifit if they skipped ameal and replaced it with juice..once off the fast I plan to still have juice daily in place of some meals and continue to eat raw fruits and veggies mixed into salads with fat free dressings..hey if only i had thought of that months ago!
The thing Is that I think you need to fast to give your stomach and body a chance to reboot...sort of like when you leave the compputer on for too long...nothing makes it work better than just a simple reboot!
I think i will never look at food the same way after this reboot!
If all my family and freinds keep liking this juice I makeso much Im gonna have to leave a jar for them to put some money in...ill call it the free drink fund...lol
Stay strong cat and if you feel like your gonna give in then make ajuice and drink up!
talk soonest
Ray

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 12, 2013, 03:33

Well, they are drinking this as medecine and then eating dinner!! I do this for me and not for anyone or any friends. I will continue juicing after the fact too. I made purple power tonight and really liked it. I was worried about the cabbage juice but you can hardly distinguish it.

Look at this combo:

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/red-cabbage-fennel-watermelon-orange-juice/

Btw, my late snack was cheese and crackers! You twos late night snacks were not too bad IMO. Well, happy weekend.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 19:19

Hi Cat,

i got a head of cabbage today at the farmers market ill have to try the purple power one it looks good to me.
hope your staying strong on this saturday afternoon!!
I stocked up at the farmers market this morning, I do admit its alot of work stocking the fridge for a whole weeks worth of stuff for two people and maintaining it all, but I think once its just me juicing ill be an expert produce manager here at home..im definately getting alot of practice:)
were gonna make another batch of the bloddy mary juice for lunch today just like what we had the other night but i added a few morne things to see if we can get 2 full quarts out of it...also gonna add a jalapeno and a few basil leaves..let you knnoow how it goes. Definately got some looks today walking away with 40 tomatoes and 40 apples..lol but it really sparks the conversations though! we are fully stocked for a whole week of double batches and have room to make some experiments! we both seem to love the tomato based ones so are trying to get at least one of those in every day!
I like how they are treating the juices as medicine because in reality it is medicine as it seems to cure alot of ailments physical and mental. Iam so glad to be juicing and seeing the weight come off...its a bit weird that i havent chewed anything in a few days..
how many more days will you go on with it? I will go at the least 30 but my goal is 60 days and too loose 60 lbs!!
talk soonest
Ray

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 12, 2013, 20:40

You know you can take a brief pause between 30 and 60 sort of chew a few things and etc and restart again. I think it is all gonna work and you will see how you feel but the more you lose the more you'll be encouraged. I think.

So, I have to say that after the 3rd day on juice the cravings and such get easier. Just like many other adjustments the 4th is easier. I can't report other events.

I like the tomatoes based ones too but still not sure what I want for lunch. I wonder if my slow loss is not bec of not drinking enough. I just stop when I am feeling full and drink when i get the cravings or feel hungry. I ignore late night cravings bec that was one behavior that I wanted to stop. Btw, for the cleanup I put a bag in the depository and so don't have to clean that and all the waste and the peels etc are in one bag. I then have less to do.

Ciao everyone;-) hahah and ttyl Ray.

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 15, 2013, 17:30

I am so happy that I followed my 7 day juice fast. I would recommend it to everyone (if medically safe for you). The comfort of knowing what, when, how, while you are going through this has been a big comfort. I saw some weight come off , definitely realized I can do without caffeine OR with it. I plan on continued juicing for pleasure, nutrition, etc.

This site by far is the best for juice fasting information. Thanks Donnie.

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 19:50

Hi Cat,

Im glad to hear positive things from you..I was worried as I didnt her anything form you this weekend. Its just amazing how we change the way we look at things by doing just alittle juice fast and reboot > the things i used to love are slowly beginning to be the things I will avoid like the plauge. It definately changes how we look at food again. Well I hope your going to continue to eat healthy and look forward to joining you on your next juice fast....maybe youll go a bit longer next time. AS for me Im sticking this thing out and im on day six-with as you read some ups and downs- but weighed in today at 255-254 so im down 9-10lbs in the middle of day six.! Stay in touch with my thread and maybe you will do another juice fast with me before im am done. I think doing 1 week fast amonth should be the norm for everyone.
Let me know how you make out - I saw you were checking out my latest updates- keep checking in as Im sure your gonna want to know the final outsome and to see the picture of my belly from day one compared to day 60!! See you on my thread:)
Have a Great day
Ray

caroline0205
Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 11:38

Quote from raydiouguy on October 10, 2013, 21:42
Hi Cat,

Hang in there it will get better!! today is my day one and i started a thread and will update it with mine and my wifes info and struggles each day...you are ahead of us by a few days but you can do this!! ill be in your shoes and feeling the headaches and such in the next couple of days too!
heres a recipe to use you cantelope up : MELON JUICE
2 Apples
1/2 Cantaloupe
1/2 Honeydew
6-8 Leaves Kale
6-8 Leaves Swiss Chard
you can replace the honeydew and use a whole cantaloupe instead....and can replace the chard with spinach ..this web site has a substitution list under juicing tips if you need other replacement ideas..depending on the cantaloupe size and freshness this can produce up to 32oz of juice,
hope that helps you with your need to use it.
on my thread I also posted a blody mary typr drink with a picture of everything going into it and will post a pic of the finished p[roduct later with how much it made
also heres something for the watermelon
Watermelon lime juice
3 cups diced watermelon (seedless)
1 lime (peel removed)

or this
watermelon-pineapple-ginger juice
1/3 pineapple, cored and skin removed
2 large watermelon slices
1 inch ginger root

cant seem to find any watermelon ones that are not mostly sugar but its a way for you to use the watermelon and have this juice as a snack..

talk again soon stay strong
Ray

I haven't tried this one yet. I will try it for a day and we'll see!

caroline0205
Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 11:40

Quote from minoothecat on October 15, 2013, 17:30
I am so happy that I followed my 7 day juice fast. I would recommend it to everyone (if medically safe for you). The comfort of knowing what, when, how, while you are going through this has been a big comfort. I saw some weight come off , definitely realized I can do without caffeine OR with it. I plan on continued juicing for pleasure, nutrition, etc.

This site by far is the best for juice fasting information. Thanks Donnie.

I'm glad to be part of this forum and am very excited to learn new things and know more about healthy diet and lifestyle.
I am into green smoothies and have been drinking it for some time. I LOVE the results. I've noticed that I lose some weight and I have so much energy that I'm up late and up early.

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 16, 2013, 15:47

Hi Caroline, Watch out these recipes are not 80/20 veg.

There is this one thar seems pretty exotic and Interesting. I am going to try it next: ( watermelon, red cabbage, orange and fennel).

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/red-cabbage-fennel-watermelon-orange-juice/

Have fun posting. Love to read your positive, juicing attitude.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,