twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: My first Juice Fast - 7 Days - Starting Sept. 5

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
My first Juice Fast - 7 Days - Starting Sept. 5
on: September 3, 2013, 14:26

I'll be starting my first juice fast this week. My plan is to start on Sept 5th. Of course that date may change by a day as I am expecting my juicer to arrive today (that's what it says online ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) once it arrives I will do my shopping. I'd hate for any of my yummy fruits and veggies to spoil before I start!

My goals are to lose weight, 50 pounds total, get healthier and to have more energy. I have several health issues, asthma, hypothyroidism (mild case), hormone challenges ๐Ÿ˜ฎ and have low energy levels. I've tried other diet plans, with good results only to gain the weight back and return to my pre-unhealthy state. This is going to become a life change for me.

So, the plan is to do a 7 day juice fast. I'd like to say I can do longer, but I am trying to keep the goals attainable. I am not going to set a weight goal for those 7 days, I am going to allow the juice to heal my body first, and enjoy the weight loss that I know will follow. ๐Ÿ˜€

I hope others will join me! My husband is so excited for me, so I have great support. He plans on drinking some juices with me, just not a fast for him. We'll have to see how that will work. He will be a real testimony if he likes the juices since he hates all green veggies. LOL ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I'm shocked he read the recipes and said he'd try some with veggies that I never dreamed he'd consider.

So, here's to juicing! I'm excited to get started!

~Becky

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: My first Juice Fast - 7 Days - Starting Sept. 5
on: September 3, 2013, 15:46

Becky, I'll be juicing on the 5th so I'll join you! I'm going to start tomorrow (the 4th). You have the right idea behind juicing as it will become a life change for you. You can do this Becky! I'm here if you have any questions!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 3, 2013, 19:12

JustOnJuice... fantastic! I'm really hoping there are a few of us fasting at the same time... teamwork! :) How often and for how long do you do a fast?

So according to tracking information my juicer will be here tomorrow instead of today. :( BTW, the juicer I chose is the Hamilton Beach 67601 Big Mouth Juice Extractor. I chose it before I found your site. I was so happy to see it recommended here at well. It will take the place of my coffee maker on my counter!

Super excited... can hardly wait to get started!

Brian S
Juicer
on: September 4, 2013, 21:54

Hi,
Mind if I join in? I'm a newbie to the site and I want to do a juice fast to be healthier and to help with an acute sinus problem that I have. I can start maybe Friday 9/6, definitely Sat 9/7 and I hope(operative word) to go 5 days or more. I once did 5 days about 2 years ago and I'm hoping I can summon up the same spirit to see me through this time around. I am male, 50yrs old and my name is Brian. I have a Hamilton Beach big mouth juicer too. Thanks!

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 5, 2013, 13:40

Brian, of course you can join in! So glad you decided to join me!

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 5, 2013, 13:46

Day 1 has begun... I had a juice last night to test the new juicer out and to play. ๐Ÿ˜‰ So I made the Mean Green, and I have to say... this will take some getting used to. I managed to drink half of it, but started to feel a little sick to my stomach so I stopped. I didn't care for the taste, but I'm not sure which item I didn't like. I'll have to figure it out, then maybe I can substitute other ingredients. I am thinking it was either the kale or the ginger.

This morning I started with something sweeter, the morning glory juice. I left out the ginger, when I smelled it I was reminded of the juice I had last night. I started to feel sick with the smell. Well, this one is great! I love this juice! What does the ginger do? Is it ok to leave it out, if that's the ingredient I don't like?

Happy Juicing.... Becky

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 14:16

Hello Becky! ^_^

I just started yesterday. I would love to team up with you three so we can support and encourage each other! ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll just keep my topic open as a sort of journal! :)

I'm totally right there with you when it comes to Ginger. Something about it just doesn't settle right in my stomach. There is no harm in excluding it from your juices. We should make juice that is not only healthy, but also Enjoyable! ๐Ÿ˜€

I looked up WebMD and found this out about Ginger:

Ginger is commonly used to treat various types of โ€œstomach problems,โ€ including motion sickness, morning sickness, colic, upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, nausea caused by cancer treatment, nausea and vomiting after surgery, as well as loss of appetite.

Other uses include pain relief from arthritis or muscle soreness, menstrual pain, upper respiratory tract infections, cough, and bronchitis. Ginger is also sometimes used for chest pain, low back pain, and stomach pain.

So it's very beneficial. but I can't handle it! >w< haha.

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 5, 2013, 15:23

KiwiCC... thank you for all that great information! I'm super glad you will be joining in with us! The more of us that get together the better!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 5, 2013, 16:07

Ginger is great but just remember that the only difference between medicine and poison with the quantity. Too much of anything can have ill effects. Cut back by half the amount of ginger that you've been using. If it's still too much to handle, cut back by half again. If it's still too much, then it's okay to stop using it in your juices.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Maggie
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 16:43

Hey there Becky - congrats on starting your fast! My first one is technically over - but I cannot imagine ever "eating" three meals a day again - I am changed forever, period. Couple of tips that Donnie already gives, but that I could/should have followed better (and plan to in the future!) PRE-PREP! There is no such thing as doing too much of this! If you have all the ingredients for a juice in a zip-lock bag - it takes NO time at all. I also wish I had done more making my juice the night before to make mornings easier. And last - just keep some juice with you - it never hurts and always helps! Happy Juicing - I am excited to head about your results!!!!!
~Maggs

Brian S
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 21:50

Thanks Becky! I'll start on Friday evening. Dinner tomorrow will be juice. A juicy dinner :). Our little group is building up nicely! I like ginger in juices but the taste must be subtle so I add or minus until I find the right amount. Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Maybe Maggie might start another fast with us :)

Brian S
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 21:53

The smileys are somehow out of place in my last post.

Brian S
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 21:56

Just want to say thanks to the Admin for having the site.

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 6, 2013, 13:01

So Day 1 is over! I had a rough time of it. I feel like I am not normal. I had a headache that started around lunch time, mild at first but unbearable by bedtime. My entire body aches and I was sick to my stomach most of the day. I did completely cut out the ginger since every time I used it I felt worse. I'll work on adding it back in sparingly in a day or two since I seem to have trouble with it. Honestly, I felt like I had the flu! I was miserable. I wanted to stop and just eat dinner, not because I wanted food, but because I felt so awful and wanted to stop hurting. I'm also having a hard time finding juices I really like. I seem to be tolerating them, not enjoying them. Ugh! :( I am praying today is easier! I won't make it 7 days feeling this bad! On the up side... I am not hungry at all. I did notice feeling thirsty so I drank more water... no problems there! :) Why has it been so horrible for me? Most posts I see people adjust to the taste easily, and only have a slight headache and get a little tired. I feel so tired already! Wow...

Here's to day 2!

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 6, 2013, 14:00

Just wanted to update on Day 2 since I had something wonderful to share! :) I made the following juice: 3 Romaine Leaves, small handful of spinach, 1/2 cucumber, 1 celery stalk, 1 cup blueberries, 3 strawberries, 1 orange, 1/2 apple. This was amazing, so fulfilling... and let me say... I feel so alert!! I also put it over ice this time. Thought I'd try something different. I tasted it without ice first... tasted ok, put it over ice... and YUM!! So I guess I like it cold? I am sure it is too much fruit... but I did find some help online about new juicers, and how it's ok to make them with a little less green veggies at first while your taste buds are adjusting. She recommended that you just keep adding more greens each time... until you adjust. So... lunch I will figure out a recipe that includes a little more greens and a little less fruit! I really want to try some pineapple.

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 6, 2013, 16:38

Becky! that's awesome! I'm really glad that Day 2 is going well for you!

I have been feeling a little icky too, but holy cow.. not as intense as you. I know this will pass, but i hope you feel better soon. This may be tmi... but just a heads up, Pretty soon your body will start pushing out the toxins and it will be horrible! absolutely horrid. And you may feel weak and lethargic... but there is hope at the end of the tunnel. I think i'm coming near the end of the detox stage! hang in there! ๐Ÿ˜€

ooh your recipe sounds lovely. You should name it and share it on the recipes forum.... I'll have to give that one a try. It does have a lot of fruit, which would make it a perfect morning or mid day juice, i should think.

This morning a tried a "Banana Pie" from the recipe section of this website.... Let me tell you! AMAZING!!! and I agree... I love mine super cold... I always put tons of ice in it!

So since I had a juice that was a little heavy in fruit... I'm sticking to mainly green juices for snacks and lunch. I have one that i don't think is too bad! maybe you will like it!

3 Celery, 3 Carrots, 4 cups of Spinach, 1 cup of cucumber, and 1/2 an apple.

The apple does a great job of sweeting it up.. and with only a half.. you're really safe in the sugar arena. If the taste is still too Greeney... you could try adding more cucumber. :) I hope this one is more agreeable with your tastebuds!

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 6, 2013, 17:29

Well on day 2 here... the headache is back, mild so far. I've been taking aspirin for it! It's not really helping much. Been drinking more water than yesterday. So I'm not feeling thirsty. I'm so tired! Wow... maybe I am the most toxic human on the planet! LOL :)

KiwiCC that recipe sounds great... I will have to try it. I also looked at the banana pie, but haven't tried it. Still on the up side, I am not hungry... that is a huge plus for anything all liquids. I know this is going to be great when it's over... I just hope I can survive until then. :)

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 6, 2013, 17:30

KiwiCC... thanks for the heads up... with how awful things have been... that may have sent me right over the edge for sure! LOL :)

Maggie
Juicer
on: September 6, 2013, 17:43

You know what guys? I am wondering if I went long enough on my fast. I just didn't experience the things you all are describing. Maybe it is because I juiced for at least one meal for a few days before??? I am beginning to worry I didn't detox :-/

Becky - another sweet veggie that I was not sure I would like is beets. I made a juice last night for this morning that had beets, blueberries, carrots, celery and a lemon in it. That is a lot of sweet stuff now that I look back on it. Honestly I was trying to use up things I was afraid were about to go bad lol! I really like making juices up as I go - it is like learning to cook all over again :)

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 6, 2013, 19:16

Maggie... thank you so much for the suggestion. How long was your fast? I can't say if it was long enough or not, since every body is different. For me... the drama started after the second juice! Ugh! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I want to say, even though I keep saying how awful it's been... I am so determined to do this! I have been sick and tired for so long. I have a lot of things going on, asthma, allergies, hypothyroidism, overweight as well as a few others. I honestly believe the reason I am having such a hard time, is because I have so many things for my body to begin to repair. I have been in search of answers online... we all do that when we want to know more, right? Well I came across some amazing information that has completely put my mind at ease. I'd love to share the site with you all, but I will send it to Donnie first, as I don't want to do anything to take away from this amazing site.

I learned that everything I am feeling and the timing is so normal! I'm sure Donnie will say the same thing. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am just in the throws of a major detox.

Some things I wanted to share that I have already noticed... positive things! I have a lot of issues with sinus pressure and mucous that are part of my allergies and asthma. I can feel my sinus' are changing. Last night and yesterday it was so much pressure, i think it may have been contributing to my headache... but today it's less. I keep getting what feels like ear pressure... you know like when going up a mountain, then it equalizes... not sure what that is. I feel lighter. I don't own a scale, but I can tell you my pants are looser already, (now how is that possible in 1.5 days?). LOL I slept so well last night (once I fell asleep)... and woke up feeling rested... it's been, well I honestly can't say the last time I felt like that! SO... there are positive things happening.

Thank you all so much for all your support... keep it coming! I hope everyone else is loving their fast and this transforming journey we are all taking together!

Made another yummy juice today...
[list][/list]1 small beet
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 small apple

It didn't make a lot of juice, but it was so good... I think I will use that again but wonder what can I put in it to make more juice without losing that amazing flavor I found? I am ready for more greens... I actually crave them now! Yep... me the green hater! LOL HUGS to all!

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 6, 2013, 19:19

Quote from Becky6158
I'm so tired! Wow... maybe I am the most toxic human on the planet! LOL :)

hahaha.. naw, I don't think that's the case. But yeah. I was SUUUPER tired too. after the first day of straight juicing... I went to bed around 7 PM! 10:00PM is average for me. Sleep is great though. It will give your body a chance to repair, recover and replenish! (I love sleep so much! haha)

Quote from Becky6158
KiwiCC... thanks for the heads up... with how awful things have been... that may have sent me right over the edge for sure! LOL

lol... you're welcome... Just prepare for your little intestines to start clearing all the stuff that's been in there for a long time. It's a little terrifying but perfectly normal... And Good! Cause all that old ickyness is finally leaving your body.

Quote from Maggie
You know what guys? I am wondering if I went long enough on my fast. I just didn't experience the things you all are describing.

hmm... Well perhaps everyone responds a little differently. Were you ever just a little more tired than usual? It's possible that your body's reaction to the detox just wasn't as intense as most... which is GREAT! ๐Ÿ˜€ You followed the just juice and water rule, so I'm pretty sure you detoxed properly. Maybe you're just one of the lucky ones! ^.~

Brian S
Juicer
on: September 7, 2013, 23:43

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't post earlier. Been busy. Well I didn't start on Friday night because after coming home from work I just couldn't muster the discipline needed to have juice for dinner. However, I started today, Sat, and all day was fine except about an hour ago where I caved in and ate some food. Thing is, I didn't really feel hungry. More of a habit thing really. I'm sputtering but tomorrow I'll make a strong effort to do a 100% day. Good luck all!

Mrstlh
Juicer
on: September 8, 2013, 03:26

Hi Everyone! ! I would like to join the group here. I am starting a 10 day fast tomorrow (September 8th). I did do some experimenting today and had a green juice for dinner. I had a headache immediately after. Has anyone else experienced that?

Chrysalis
Juicer
on: September 8, 2013, 06:40

Hello Juicers,
I'd like to join you too. This will be my first juice fast. I want to lose 25 lbs and I'll try to stick with it until I meet that goal rather than set a time period. I bought an Omega VRT350 and I've been juicing since Sept. 1, but I haven't yet cut out food completely. Just getting my feet wet. I think I'll start tomorrow with the fast.

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 8, 2013, 14:05

Hello everyone! I am starting my juice fast today! Jus laying in bed waiting for my husband to get up so we can do it together. Shocked that he is willing to do it :) I just turned 50 and decided that being tired and sore all the time shouldn't be the "new" 50! Quit smoking 4 weeks ago and had someone turn me on to juicing. Nervous! Want to make it two weeks as I go to Hawaii in 4. Sounds like everyone is having different experiences... Hope mine is a good one. I am off today, Mon and Tues so I think I planned it right , just in case. Here we go!!!!

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,