twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Juice Fast - 3 Days - September 23

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
Juice Fast - 3 Days - September 23
on: September 19, 2013, 22:18

I will be starting a juice fast on Monday. I plan to make it a 3 day fast, unless things go super well and I will extend it longer.

My goal is to detox and lose some weight. I've been drinking juices for the past few weeks after my first attempt at a juice fast. I feel so much better already. I'm hoping the fast will go more smoothly and I will have fewer problems. 😕

I've had some fun creating my own recipes, learned so much since last time, and am super excited!

If you are going to be fasting during any of this time, I hope you will join me!

~ Becky

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
Re: Juice Fast - 3 Days - September 23
on: September 21, 2013, 15:17

Hello, I'm brand new to juicing. I'm hoping juicing will improve my health. I have been so sick for so long: I've been overweight my whole life, with Type II Diabetes ever since I've been an adult, and I also have high blood pressure and gout. My recent blood test results were through the roof, with the lab having to call my doctor's mobile phone urgently after hours because they were so bad. I heard about juicing and asked my doctor about it, and he said I can go ahead provided I keep a close eye on my blood sugar level. So, I got myself an Oscar juicer 2 days ago, and I've started juicing straight away. I can't believe how easy it is to eat so many raw vegetables with a little fruit for taste!

On the first day, I had 2 quarts of green juice (kale, broccoli, celery, green apple and ginger) and 1 quart of orangey-red juice (cherry tomato, red bell pepper, sweet potato, carrot, red apple and red chilli). On the second day, I had 1 quart of the green juice, I quart of the orangey-red juice and 1 quart of purple juice (purple cabbage, beet with beet leaves, pomegranate and blueberry). I'm really enjoying the tastes of these different juices, too.

But, I'm having a bit of difficulty in completely cutting out all the solid foods. The first night, I was so hungry, I cooked and ate a packet of instant noodles and a packet of potato crisps! The second night (tonight), I ate a small can of tuna. But, I will try my best to do a proper juice fast with you from Monday. I hope I can keep persevering to see if I can cut out all the junk food for good and abstain from foods like the canned tuna while I'm on the juice fast.

- Kurokuji

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 21, 2013, 18:06

Kurokujira - Welcome to juicing! I too have many health issues, but not diabetes. Keep up with what you are doing, take it slow if you need to. The most important thing I have learned so far is don't get discouraged with yourself. Every juice you drink is one more step toward a healthier and happier body. It's ok to drink another juice if you are still hungry during a juice fast. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, that seems to help me feel a little fuller after a juice. Also, Donnie recommends drinking a hot lemon water in the morning.

We can do it together! :)

~ Becky

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: September 21, 2013, 20:04

Hi Becky,
I'm in! I juice fasted for 28 days in August and had amazing results. Took a little break and now am ready to go after the rest of my weight loss. We've got lots going on these next few months, so my husband and I are going to try several short fasts (3 days) and schedule them around our social and family festivities. Believing for and expecting more success!
I'm actually starting tomorrow (Sunday) so maybe I'll go ahead and make mine a 4 day fast!
I wish you well...(You too Kurokuji)!!!!!

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 21, 2013, 22:11

Becky: I've just read through your last thread when you tried juicing for the first time. I'm so glad you shared all your difficulties as it helps me be a bit kinder to myself about not jumping straight into a full juice fast right away. Yes, we will do this together!

PattiRob: Well done for getting good results in August! It sounds like you're going to have a busy but wonderful time coming up. Thank you for sharing your positivity about scheduling your fasts around your social and family festivities. It helps me to feel that I can be flexible so that I can juice without being too strictly authoritarian about it. Here's to more good results over the next few months!

Mima
Juicer
on: September 23, 2013, 12:48

Hi everyone I I am brand new to juicing today is my first day of a three day fast I'm totally psyched I hadmy first juice this morning. I am a coffee addict so the next three days will be interesting.

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 23, 2013, 14:03

Hi Mima, welcome to juicing and I'm so glad to have you in our little group. How was your first juice today?

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 23, 2013, 14:49

Well, Monday (Day 1 of my Juice Fast) is now over here in Australia (where I'm from). I'm very happy as I managed to stay on just the juice.

Today, I had 1.5 quarts of a green juice I made from spinach, kale, green apple and ginger. I think the spinach made my green juice taste somewhat bland this time, compared to the great green juice I made last time (from kale, broccoli, celery, green apple and ginger). I think it may have been the celery last time which gave that green juice a very fresh, pleasant and grassy fragrance.

I also had 1.5 quarts of an orangey-red juice I made today from red bell pepper, sweet potato, carrot and strawberry.

Today, for about an hour in the mid-afternoon, my legs felt extremely fatigued and I had to put in some extra effort to move them in order to stand up and walk, but I put on a brave face and had some extra juice, and I felt better after a while. I checked my blood sugar and it was OK. I rang my doctor who told me to halve the insulin I was on before, and to continue monitoring my blood sugar level closely. This is good news for me, because I was on sky-high doses of insulin before, and if I can halve my insulin, this will go a long way to helping me lose weight. I have only been juicing for a few days and I can feel my clothes getting looser.

Also, this evening, I had a very unusual but quite pleasant experience, of a surge of warm energy enveloping my entire body. Perhaps this was from the ginger in my green juice?

Wishing all of you a good Day 1 for all of your juice fasts. I'm looking forward to another day of juicing tomorrow!

- KK

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: September 23, 2013, 15:42

Hi KK, congrats on your first day success! I did a practice run yesterday and today is my first day of just juice. I think I may have gone a little too heavy on the beets this time. My favorite recipe is apples, celery, cucumber, spinach, lemon and ginger. I'll probably do that for the next few days. Did you enjoy the red pepper,sweet potato, carrot and strawberry juice? I love all of those food, but have not tried juicing any of them.
Best wishes to you on Day 2!!

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 24, 2013, 01:43

PattiRob: Your apples, celery, cucumber, spinach, lemon and ginger juice sounds awesome. I will have to make that!

My red bell pepper, sweet potato, carrot and strawberry juice was too sweet for me, but the little strawberry pips added some very interesting tiny crunchily-popping feelings inside my mouth, which was quite satisfying!

After I drink a lot of beet juice, I find that my nose and sinuses really get cleared up, heheh!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: September 24, 2013, 14:18

KK,
Since you don't like things too sweet, you might enjoy something that my husband drinks. It's got tomatoes, celery, carrots, cucumbers, mild green peppers for flavor and then some habaneros for spice. He also adds cilantro sometimes. It's kind of like drinking salsa. He really likes it and has lost around 35 lbs. just drinking that!

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 24, 2013, 23:45

PattiRob: That sounds yummy!

It's now the start of Day 3 for my Juice Fast. I think my bowels are truly completely cleansed out by now, considering the amount of time I've been sitting on the toilet, HAHAH! I've had a couple of mild headaches, but nothing too debilitating. But, my good news trumps all those inconveniences: my blood sugar levels have been absolutely spot on, even with the reduced insulin doses, ever since I began my Juice Fast, YAY!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: September 25, 2013, 00:34

That's awesome news!! My husband and I have both experienced lowered blood pressure and cholesterol levels since juicing...we feel so much better and are happy that we've found such a simple way to be healthier!

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 25, 2013, 12:34

The detox is hitting me hard like a ton of bricks now. It's only a few more hours to complete the 3 days for me, but I don't know if I can keep going. For the last 6 hours, my legs and thighs, my arms and shoulders and my neck have been screaming out in pain. I am needing to use a walking stick, hobbling from one step to the next, in order to walk. I cannot even get any relief from sitting down or lying down flat. Today was a very hot day over here and I was thinking that I could be dehydrated. I am drinking cup after cup of water to try and stay hydrated, also thinking that I need to flush out any toxins that may be causing this pain. What is going on?!? My blood sugar level is OK, so I know I am not hungry, but it feels like if I just open and eat a packet of potato crisps, the pain will all go away! Is this normal?!? It's so bad it feels like my muscles are melting down...

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 25, 2013, 15:40

Kurokujira, you shouldn't be experiencing any pain but everyone goes through different detox symptoms. Some are worse than others. Make sure you are getting plenty of rest so you can finish out the detox phase and start feeling the benefits of the fast.

It's funny how our minds work. You're mind is craving food and so you think by eating the potato crisps that everything will be fine. It's all a mind game that you will overcome. If you change your state of thought from "I want this but I can't have it" to "I can have it but I don't want it" things will be much easier for you.

It's when we tell ourselves that word "can't have" is when our mind start to play tricks on us. Stick with your juice and get plenty of rest. The detox will pass.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 25, 2013, 19:52

I have done really well on my fast this time. I am at the end of my 3 days, and didn't have the same problems as before. I had some headaches and some aches, but nothing I couldn't tolerate. I've also been going through some really stressful experiences at home, so I was worried I wouldn't be able to do this. My husband was in the hospital for heart related problems. They are unsure what is wrong with him, but ruled out all the major things so they sent him home. They put him on a low sodium diet and want him to take aspirin daily. I told him he WILL start drinking juices with me, as I know his body can heal itself. If not heal it, I know it can improve his overall well being. SO, I made him his first juice and he forced it down. I was so proud of him. I made it mostly fruit since he hates veggies to begin with. I made him 3 slices of pineapple, 1 whole pear, very small handful of spinach, 1/2 cucumber. I am thinking of making him a mild beat juice. Has anyone tried mixing beats with oranges? I was thinking, 1/4 beet, 1 apple, 1 orange, spinach, cucumber, and maybe throw in some celery. I need to be careful the flavor is something he will drink.

KK, so sorry to hear about how hard the detox is going for you. Hang in there as long as you can.

I am going to stop at day 3 with the fast. But I will continue juicing at least 2 times per day, and enjoying as much whole/raw foods as possible. I will be doing another fast within about a week. I'll post that one when I start it as well. So if anyone is going to go at it again... we'll do it together!

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 25, 2013, 23:26

Becky: I'm sure that juicing will help your hubby's health as well.

I kind of had mixed success with my first ever 3 Day Juice Fast, as I did manage to last through the 72 hours on juice only, but as soon as the 72nd hour was over, I grabbed a packet of potato crisps and wolfed it down. The really infuriating thing was that my muscle pains went away almost as soon as I had gulped down my 5th mouthful of crisps. So, I realize that I am truly ADDICTED to these kinds of junk foods! I am now more determined than ever to beat this junk food ADDICTION and I WILL flush out whatever toxins were in my body that were making me dependent on them - this junk food is holding me hostage and giving me so much pain all over my body yesterday afternoon until last night - I will not cave in to their ransoms again, GGGRRR!!!

Some other lessons I've learnt from this Juice Fast experience, are that it is very easy to increase the amount of vegetables I eat every day, through juicing, that my diabetes is much better controlled on a juicing diet (even with a lower insulin dose), and that I can lose over 5 lbs (from 235 lbs), and have my clothes feeling looser, after only being on a Juice Fast for 3 Days.

I am going straight back onto another Juice Fast from this morning, hopefully for at least 4 days this time, because I WILL NOT let these junk foods continue to have any hold over me.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,