twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: First time Juicer fasting since July 29.

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
First time Juicer fasting since July 29.
on: August 1, 2013, 05:05

Hi! First time juicer here. Had been contemplating and then found out from a friend she had done it and went from 250 to 140 lbs. That was the affirmation I needed. I thought it was just a fad or something. I don't expect a miracle or nothing. But I do need to lose weight and I need to start feeling better!!!

So I went and bought a juicer and different fruits. So far so good. Tolerating the hunger cravings. The smells are what get me! My husband ate hot dogs in BED the other night! The smell was intoxicating. I could have smacked him!!! :)

Not sure how long I am going to fast. At this point, just going to see if I can make it past a week! I find it very very relieving to be doing this. I was 266 lbs. last week at my doctor's office. I was absolutely obsessing over food. Am I eating too much (always was)... am I eating junk (of course I was). Then getting mad at myself for what I was eating. This is just flat out easier. Even with a 19 month old baby. :) I used to never like fruit (weird texture) but I can tolerate the juice hehe.

Anyways, glad to have found this place. :) Can't wait to read through the posts :)

leomie
Juice Expert
Re: First time Juicer fasting since July 29.
on: August 1, 2013, 05:26

Hi!

I'm a first time juicer and you are so right, it is the smells of food, they are everywhere. Can't believe you hubby ate a hot dog in bed though, I'd have kicked him out! Good self restraint,I'll be following you and willing you on! Good Luck

😀

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 1, 2013, 09:57

Tickingcounterparts, welcome to JOJ! Juicing isn't a fad, it's real way to lose weight and gain back your health.

The smells are what trigger those cravings and push them into overdrive. I found if was best to take a walk to get away from it or find a good book to read that will take your mind off it. You have some strong will power to sit in bed next to someone munching a hot dog and stick to your fast! You'll do great! I'm always here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 1, 2013, 21:45

Thanks guys! My son had some cheetohs and the smell is KILLING me LOL. But sipping on my tropical juice I made and trudging on.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:41

Omg! I remember when my son was eating those flaming hot cheetos almost everyday after school during my fast. He would even try to offer them to me and looked at me like I was crazy when I told him no thanks. Just keep pressing on Tickingcouterparts, or get nose plugs :)

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 2, 2013, 03:47

My son will share with ME despite being only 19 months old. He won't share with no one else (which kills me). He kept handing me cheetohs and when I wouldn't take one he'd yell at me. Then he started throwing them at my head. It was quite comical. I'd pretend to nibble them, make him laugh, and then put them on a plate where he couldn't see. Might steal the nose plugs my husband just bought for the pool the other day at this point LOL.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:57

Haha!!! I can picture this happening! I have two sons ages 8 and 5. They are old enough to share my juices with me. They both really enjoy the juices now and often help me come up with new ideas and recipes. A few of the recipes on here were their creations. I just gave them options and let them choose what to put in there. Sometimes I'll make them some fresh apple/orange juice and they both go crazy over it!

irene
irene
on: August 2, 2013, 08:53

Hello Tickingcounterparts....You are just so funny.."Might steal the nose plugs my husband just bought for the pool the other day at this point LOL" i just laughed hard.....

poor boy he likes sharing and too bad mommy cant accept what hes is offering to share....Just stay focused and you will get there....situations like that will even help you reach your target as since you have managed to pass through a test then the next time you will say to your self if i was able to resist from eating the other day why eat today......so stay focused and all the best

Cheers

mandymin
Juicer
mandymin
on: August 2, 2013, 12:28

Hi everyone,
This is my first day, am going to juice fast for 3 days. I've just had my lunch time juice, wasn't really keen on the taste so need to experiment a bit.
I wish everyone a more healthy life style and all the best on your fasting journeys. Xx

irene
irene
on: August 2, 2013, 14:12

Hi Mandymin, welcome to JOJ and all the best in your Juice fast...keep on playing with the fruits and veggies and you'll be amazed with the flavors you may come up with...go for juices that u like and leave the ones that u cant stand their flavors...remember always keep it at 80% veggies & 20% fruits...

All THE BEST.....

Cheers

mandymin
Juicer
mandymin
on: August 2, 2013, 15:07

Quote from irene on August 2, 2013, 14:12
Hi Mandymin, welcome to JOJ and all the best in your Juice fast...keep on playing with the fruits and veggies and you'll be amazed with the flavors you may come up with...go for juices that u like and leave the ones that u cant stand their flavors...remember always keep it at 80% veggies & 20% fruits...

All THE BEST.....

Cheers

Thanks Irene, am looking forward to experimenting with different veg. I've never bought so many cucumbers in one shop visit before. :-)

xxx

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 18:22

Funny you mention that Mandy. I always get weird looks when I stroll through the checkout line with 10-20 cucumbers haha!

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 3, 2013, 19:38

Good luck Mandy!!!! You can do it! My first juice was TERRIBLE!!! Absolutely terrible. I pinpointed what vegetables I didn't like and did away and am still working on subs and increasing vegetables in my juice.

Irene - As hard as it is to say no at times it feels great when I get on scale and see and it's like "Wow that was worth it."

I've been contemplating giving him fresh orange juice at least with his breakfast rather than Sunny Delight... but he's so thirsty in the morning he won't give me enough time to get it juiced before he's screaming at me. But I've been thinking about it. He's had some weird diapers lately because of a virus he had so I've been kind of wary on doing it just yet. :)

I got some weird looks from people in the store. Buggy full of produce. Nothing else. I'm very self-conscious about being overweight so I feel like people are ike "Yea you NEED to be eating some fruit." I know that's just me and my weird mind. Poor cashiers. Have to type in and weigh everything rather than just scanning. :)

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,