twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: 3rd day of 30 // Yes I can!

Rossie de-
Park
Juicer
Rossie de Park
3rd day of 30 // Yes I can!
on: November 13, 2013, 21:33

Hello! It´s such a relief to find a group of people juicing and in search of health and happiness, even if the journey will not always be easy.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 5 months ago. I´m 34 and I guess I wasn´t expecting to find myself dealing with hormonal problems yet. You probably know the usual symptoms... depression, weight gain, lack of concentration, just to mention a few. At the moment, I´m in levothyroxine 75g, but my last blood test shows that the hormone is not doing much. I´ve been noticing that losing weight for me is not like it use to be. Nevertheless, I´ve been probably less consequent. As a chef, I work very long hours and alcohol at the end of the week is always present. That´s why I have taken this decision. A month on juice will help me get my life together and stay focus on the goal. Last year I did 15 days and I can still remember the joy.

So this is how it goes. My first day was water fasting. Then I usually have warm water with lemon (first thing in the morning) and then fruits or fruits and veggie´s until 3ish. The rest of the day I love my basil, tomatoes, celery, garlic and cucumber juice. Sometimes I add a few black olives to give it a bit of a med taste.

I also make a natural apple tea: in the juicer 3 apples, a piece of ginger, 1 lemon. In a pan, hot water, cinnamon, turmeric and a splash of agave. Then I mix it together and it´s just heaven. Especially in this lovely winter time arriving to London.

My big question is:
Since I cycle everyday, sometimes more than an hour and 40... and it´s winter time already... is there any great supplement that will keep me strong? At the moment I´m taking vit C and B complex. And when I feel like getting a cold I take echinacea and it just vanish.

Thanx for reading and sharing this experience to all of you!! Best wishes!!

Rossie

leomie
Juice Expert
Re: 3rd day of 30 // Yes I can!
on: November 14, 2013, 21:29

That apple tea sounds lovely, I'll try that this afternoon, thank you.

Rossie de-
Park
Juicer
Rossie de Park
Re: 3rd day of 30 // Yes I can!
on: November 14, 2013, 23:06

More than welcome, Leomie!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,