twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: 30 day juice fast started today :-)

crystal
Juicer
crystal
30 day juice fast started today :-)
on: July 23, 2013, 12:51

Hi, this is my first day on a 30 day juice fast, and first juice fast. I am hoping to detox, improve my health and have some weight loss. I am 43, 5ft 7 and 180lbs/or 13 stone, so I need to get down at least 40lbs :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: 30 day juice fast started today :-)
on: July 23, 2013, 19:47

Crystal, welcome to JOJ and congrats on starting your juice fast. I'm sure you will hit your goal as long as you stick with it. I'll be here if you have any questions Crystal.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

josephv
Juicer
on: July 24, 2013, 00:29

Hi crystal. I want to wish you well also. Do everything to get through the first couple of days and it's a breeze after that. I will try to stay with you as well. Im on my first juice fast as well and Today is day 16 for me and it's easy now. You are doing something wonderful for yourself and your body will thank you. Let me know if I can help as well.

Joseph

crystal
Juicer
crystal
on: July 24, 2013, 07:51

Thanks for the support guys, its greatly appreciated, and well done Joseph :-) I have done a water fast in the past, which was a struggle, this feels a whole lot healthier. Physically I feel ok, a bit of a headache, its the food cravings that are a challenge at the moment, hopefully that'll pass soon. I would like to exercise, did some cycling yesterday, how much exercise is safe ? I assume its about listening to your body. I took my weight as an after thought yesterday after I had began the fast just before lunch time, and I was 13 stone, today I took my weight first thing when I got up and I was 12 stone, I know I haven't lost a stone in one day :-) but didnt think the discrepancy would be so large

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 24, 2013, 18:01

Crystal, the food cravings will pass. You can exercise but keep it to a minimum for the first few days. You want to let your body recover from detox. You are right though, listen to your body, it knows best! Make sure you are weighing yourself in the mornings after you use the restroom and before you have a juice. Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day so it's best to make sure you take your weight at the same times. I'm here if you need me.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Lauren
Juicer
on: July 25, 2013, 11:53

I'm just now starting today. How is it going? Any advice?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 25, 2013, 23:19

Lauren, for some solid advice, distance yourself from any temptations. If you have any cravings just go for a walk and think of how you will feel when you see the weight coming off.

Lauren
Juicer
on: July 26, 2013, 12:39

That's some pretty solid advice! Thankfully, I haven't had any cravings yet *fingers crossed*

juicevirgin
Juicer
on: July 26, 2013, 14:55

Hey crystal, how's it going? Im on day 5 of 30 and finally starting to feel like i can go the full 30. Cravings aren't so bad today and headaches seem to have subsided. Couldn't do it without the forums, it's so much easier with support. Anyway hope you're starting to feel the benefits too. :)

Debi
Juice Expert
Debi
on: July 26, 2013, 15:35

I am on day 23 of 30 and I still have cravings. I wrote myself a letter and hung it on my wall saying why I was going to do a juice fast and my goals. When you get cravings it is hard to think of anything but what you are craving so that is when I go over to the wall and read the letter I wrote. Helps bring me back to why I started. I also come to this site and read peoples posts and it helps motivate me too.

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: July 26, 2013, 15:56

Quote from Debi on July 26, 2013, 15:35
I am on day 23 of 30 and I still have cravings. I wrote myself a letter and hung it on my wall saying why I was going to do a juice fast and my goals. When you get cravings it is hard to think of anything but what you are craving so that is when I go over to the wall and read the letter I wrote. Helps bring me back to why I started. I also come to this site and read peoples posts and it helps motivate me too.

Thanks for your post, Debi and thank you for the extra motivation. I'll be starting a very long juice fast on Monday. (My husband is going to lose 100 pounds and I'm going to lose 70). I've been looking for posts from others who have been doing this for extended periods of time. I'm going to follow your example and post a letter on my wall as well as a computer generated picture of myself at my goal weight. Thank you again. Your post was exactly what I was looking for and it gives me great hope!
I wish you the very best. :)

Debi
Juice Expert
Debi
on: July 27, 2013, 02:37

Thank you PattiRob. I wish you and your husband the best on your fasts.

Lauren
Juicer
on: July 27, 2013, 17:34

Quote from Debi on July 26, 2013, 15:35

Thank you so much for this gem, Debi! I'm writing my letter right now!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,