twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Turmeric

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
Turmeric
on: August 7, 2013, 21:27

Every now and then I get a boil like spot around my nose, I don't know why, but they get very painful and quite angry. Eventually I went to the Dr who prescribed me antibiotics. Dismayed at this seemingly overkill for a spot I looked around for an alternative I found that turmeric is a very good blood cleanser and a teaspoon taken 3x a day with a pint of water is very effective for cleaning up spots.

I gave it a go and have not looked back since, I used to get spots like this every couple of months, since I tried taking turmeric (a heaped teaspoon in a half-pint, washed down with another half-pint) the spots have dried up.

I'm posting this as I have just got one of these spots, three days into my fast, probably just toxins coming out, but not wanting to ruin the detox by retoxing so quickly I've been adding turmeric to the end of all my juices today. I can already feel a difference, its not quite as eye-watering, and its added a bit of spice to my juices.

Just saying, if any other members/readers get anything like this there is an alternative, although obviously if they persist and spread anywhere near the eye I would go to the Dr...

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Turmeric
on: August 8, 2013, 03:10

Great call on the turmeric. It does go well with some juices. I'll keep that in mind and recommend it to anyone with similar issues. Thanks Rob!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 11, 2013, 09:16

I have been drinking Turmeric as a tea with lemon too, have just run out. I have just got 3 spots on my chin (day 13) when i thought my skin had cleared. Apparently making a paste of honey and cinnamon and applying directly onto the spot can help clear it out at the root, I'm going to try this tonight!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 11, 2013, 20:12

That's interesting Leomie, let us know if it works.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 14, 2013, 07:55

Hmm, no not at all, got lots all around my chin and jawline. I have some more turmeric, although it's probably the osteo treatment, it is concentrated around my skull and neck.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 16:01

Ahhh, well that may explain it. How is your fast so far?

Wendy
Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 16:46

I just bought some tumeric root and wondered what types of juice recipes it would be good in?

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:41

Hi Wendy,

Try this one out
Orange Turmeric juice

3 lg carrots
3 oranges
2 sticks of celery
1/2" of Turmeric
this should make about 16-18oz of juice
let me know how it tastes-as i have this recipe but have not tried it as of yet, but planning on it very soon!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 17:44

check out the thread ihave going in group juce fasts -as it may help you with some other recipe ideas- my wife and I have been doing a day by day journal in there with recipes pictures and ideas along with how were doing each day.

http://www.justonjuice.com/forum/justonjuice-forum-group1/group-juice-fasts-forum3/day-1-of-30-60-juice-fast-starting-oct-10th-thread321/

Ray

Wendy
Juicer
on: October 20, 2013, 23:19

Thank you for the recipe, Ray! I will check out your journal - that sounds great!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,