twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Starting a (hopefully) 14day fast today!

terikiley
Juicer
Starting a (hopefully) 14day fast today!
on: September 8, 2013, 18:45

I am a 50 yr old woman who is sick and tired of being tired! Quit smoking 3 weeks ago and now am jumping into juicing.

This morning was good but I am used to drinking a protein drink in the a.m. My husband talked me into coming up with my own recipe for lunch. Will not do that again! Lol! I think it was the beet :(

Anyway, I am hoping to be able to get up and do my boot camp in the morning. Exercise is the only good addiction that I have :)

Looking at losing some weight, also. All in all I need to lose about 50 but would be happy for any amount before going to Hawaii on Oct 3rd.

Feeling sleepy...

KiwiCC
Juicer
Re: Starting a (hopefully) 14day fast today!
on: September 8, 2013, 19:42

Welcome to the Forum! :) And congrats on your decision to juice! I'm now on day 4 of my Just Fast and so far so good! :)

So I would like to share a little bit of the experience I had. While I am accustomed to working out pretty vigorously... My body forced me to take it easy on the first few days of my fast. I felt pretty tired and low on energy for the first 2 days... I'm slowly starting to regain energy just now. But feel free to take it easy and not push yourself too hard. I took a nice walk and it was the perfect amount of exertion my body could take... lol

Please also feel free to give into the sleepy spells. It will help you recover! :) Happy juicing and welcome again! 😀

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 8, 2013, 20:37

Thanks! I feel almost drunk! Lol! I did tale a nice walk and will see how I feel in the a.m. Happy to not feel sick, etc. Going to give in to a book on the couch 😉

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 8, 2013, 22:21

I am finding that I do not like the celery flavor but in the recipes they give substitutions for a bunch of stuff except for that. Any suggestions?

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 9, 2013, 01:57

Well, made it through day 1... Not easy. Don't know if I'm feeling yuk cuz I haven't really liked the juices that I have made today or deriding. The thought of even food makes me shudder.

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 9, 2013, 12:01

*detoxing

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 9, 2013, 17:13

Terikiley, try taking a look at the substitution list: http://www.justonjuice.com/juicing-substitution-list/ It will give you some other ideas for celery.

Your taste will adjust throughout the fast. It sounds weird but you'll understand what I'm saying after a few days. At about day 3 I was starting to crave the juice and the taste. A big difference from my first day. If you're not liking the juices, feel free to experiment. Use the substitution list as a start. Take one or two ingredients that you're not fond of and just replace them with something else from the list. Hope this helps.

Also, congrats on making it through day 1! You've already done the hard thing by getting started and actually making it through the first day. Keep me posted and let me know how things go for you. I'm here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 9, 2013, 17:50

Hey, I made a more fruity drink this a.m. And drank some before I worked out and the rest, after. That one was good. I am drinking a carrot, kale, peach and ginger root right now...I hope that happens to me about liking them soon. It's crazy cuz I eat all sorts of veggies and a lot of what I'm not liking...weird. So far can handle the not eating and being hungry and the tiredness and headache. I only feel nauseous when I know I need another one! Lol! I did already notice that my back pain was less this morning :) glad I'm off today and tomorrow to get the swing of it.

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 12, 2013, 02:36

I am struggling right now.... Night of day 4 and the only thing that has saved me is my husband who made me a soup. I can barely think of juicing something without feeling sick :( I'm so bummed. I am on Chantix for not smoking and wonder if that has something to do with it. I can't even go near the Juicer when he is juicing. It's crazy.....I started this and my husband who had no desire to change his unhealthy habits is running with this and the only reason I've continued....help

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 12, 2013, 17:05

I'm sure the nicotine withdraw has a little something to do with it too. You're still going through detox and also detox of nicotine. It's going to be tough but you are just about through the hard part. Stick with it Terikiley! You can do this and it is only going to get easier after the detox has passed. You've already made it 4 days, you're on the path to success and just about there!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 12, 2013, 17:49

Thanks! I'm pushing on through day 5......I guess I feel like I'm not detoxing cuz the only symptom I have is nausea when I have to drink a juice. Had lost 6 lbs but gained 2 this morning... Live outside Boulder so homebound for a couple of days where I would usually be drinking and eating wings!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 13, 2013, 02:22

Terikiley, not everyone goes through the same exact detox symptoms. Headaches are more commonly associated with the caffeine withdraws. If you didn't consume that much caffeine then lets hope you continue to not get headaches. It sounds like you are doing great. Keep me posted.

terikiley
Juicer
on: September 14, 2013, 14:29

Went off yesterday( day 6) because I was so miserably nauseous. Did a smoothie in the morning and a piece of chicken and salad for lunch. I had more energy then I'd had in those 6 days! Couldn't stop me! I don't know. Still, every time I see the Juicer, I feel nauseous. Made myself eat cucumber and celery yesterday and initially felt it but got through it. I lost about 8 pounds and feel much better so I don't regret doing it and will try to keep it in my diet but it also really taught me how I can be hungry and don't need so much food! Still on a health kick! Thanks so much for your support and good luck everyone!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,