twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Ready to start the 14 day Juice Fast!

AlisonP
Juicer
Ready to start the 14 day Juice Fast!
on: July 11, 2013, 19:29

I have my juicer, bought second hand today but looks like it will do the job! I've had a go with a few apples! I've spent all afternoon on this website trying to take in all the info and have decided that the best place to start is with the shopping list, will buy all I need tomorrow and then away I go!

Questions?

Can I substitute items on the shopping list with other ingredients i.e I have a garden full of rhubarb!

How much ginger did I put in each recipe?

Can I use bananas?

Can I drink lemon and ginger tea? (the sort that comes in teabags?

I'm guessing alcohol is out of the question? (not even a cheeky Vodka, I could put it in my juice!)

This is the 1st time I have ever submitted to a 'Forum' so hope I am doing it right.

I am starting on Saturday in the hope that the initial side effects will be nearly over by Monday when I am back at work!

Alison

I am sure I will have loads more questions but as

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Ready to start the 14 day Juice Fast!
on: July 11, 2013, 20:04

Alison, thanks for you post and welcome to JOJ and the forum!

Can I substitute items on the shopping list with other ingredients i.e I have a garden full of rhubarb!
Yes, you can most definitely make some changes or substitutions. Rhubarb is a great addition to most juices.

How much ginger did I put in each recipe?
Start off with just a little bit. I would suggest 1/4 to 1/2 inch at first.

Can I use bananas?
Some juicers will handle bananas just fine but others cannot handle them. You will get very little juice from a banana but give it a try. The worst thing that can happen is that your juicer gets clogged and you have to clean it. If you do run a banana, don't run it last. It's always bets to run your cucumber last to flush everything out.

Can I drink lemon and ginger tea? (the sort that comes in teabags?
Yes Alison, feel free to drink teas. Try decaf if possible and stay away from black teas as they are very high in caffeine.

I'm guessing alcohol is out of the question? (not even a cheeky Vodka, I could put it in my juice!)
Sorry, no alcohol at all on the fast. When I first started, I often questioned how vodka or rum would taste in a juice haha!! Never tried it though, but still... No alcohol Alison!

Feel free to shoot me any questions that you have Alison, I'll be here!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 11, 2013, 20:23

Thanks for your speedy reply. I'm all set to go and quite excited! So glad I found this website, have found all the info very useful and having been on many 'gimmick' diets over the years I'm hoping that I have now found what I've been looking for........a healthy way to lose weight!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 12, 2013, 04:05

Alison, this is THE healthy way to lose weight. You'll also gain many benefits besides the weight loss. I'll be here if you need anything. I'm excited to see you succeed Alison, keep me posted!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

irene
irene
on: July 12, 2013, 07:57

"i'm guessing alcohol is out of the question? (not even a cheeky Vodka, I could put it in my juice!)
Sorry, no alcohol at all on the fast. When I first started, I often questioned how vodka or rum would taste in a juice haha!! Never tried it though, but still... No alcohol Alison!"

Hahahahaaaaah i love the way you think AlisonP...I will definately try adding vodka to the Juices when am not in a Juice fast......sounds interesting....

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 12, 2013, 17:54

I have found some recipes that include Vodka and Gin (probably otherwise known as cocktails!) However, I am determined to succeed on the Juice Fast so No Alcohol!!! Day 1 tomorrow, all ingredients bought today and the Anadin Extra! Just incase Quite excited to start, already had to tell my husband off for stealing my grapes! and not sure where I store half of Tesco's fruit and veg dept! Wish my luck!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 12, 2013, 20:04

Hahaha, you girls are funny! But if I had to make a vokda juice I would do it with the pink lemonade recipe.

2 Golden Delicous Apples
3/4 Lemon
2 Cups Watermelon

1 part lemonade
1/2-1 part vodka

I bet that would be so delicious!

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 12, 2013, 22:30

Hey! Your not supposed to be encouraging me down the alcohol route! I'm sticking to the fast as from tomorrow and no alcohol! I've started writing up my journey so hopefully it might be something to inspire others in 2 weeks time! If I think it's good enough I'll email it to you.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 13, 2013, 06:43

Haha!! Yeah, sorry. Stick to the fast and don't let those temptations bother you. Try it out in a few weeks or so! I would love to see your write up when you're done. I'd be happy to post it up as an article and give you the credit. Let me know when you're finished Alison.

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 13, 2013, 19:54

Oh Dear! Not really had a good 1st day! There is something in the juices that I don't like and I'm not sure what it is! Could it be the Kale! I'm going to try experimenting tomorrow without the Kale, would that be ok? I've got beets and celery and carrots. Other than not liking the juice I have had a good day, no side effects, haven't really felt hungry and already feel slimmer! Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow. I will not give up!

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 13, 2013, 20:28

I've just discovered your soup idea, I think that might work. Can I have any fruit/veg or are there some that are not allowed?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 13, 2013, 20:47

Alison, I'll share with you something I did when after my first week that helped me to get a better idea of what individual things tasted like.

Juice about a shot glass full of each ingredient in a juice. Take a sip from each glass and you'll be able to tell right away which flavors you do not like. If you find that you do not like Kale, then try mixing it with a little bit of lemon juice and ginger to see if that covers up the taste. Or try adding some apple, orange, carrot, etc.

This will not only tell you which ingredient gives you a bad taste, but how to mask it in your juices.

You can pretty much try out anything Alison, just make sure you are using more veggies than fruits.

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 13, 2013, 21:19

Great idea, I'll give it a go tomorrow. Can I use any veg or are them some that are not allowed? Also do I have to mix fruit with veg or could I have a soup type juice and then a fruit juice separately?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 14, 2013, 03:09

You can use any veg that will juice. For Kale though, try to stick with protein veggies such as spinach, romaine lettuce, broccoli, sprouts, etc.

You don't have to mix fruit in with the veg, you can most certainly have a separate juice but don't make an all fruit juice unless you just want something small to sip on.

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 14, 2013, 17:35

Had a much better 2nd day and made myself a carrot and orange juice with ginger this afternoon, it was delish! Still no side effects so guess I am lucky on that score although I had been on a diet the 2 weeks before so probably made it easier. Back to work tomorrow so will see how I fare when running around like a headless chicken!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 14, 2013, 21:31

Alison, carrot and orange make a great combination! Good luck tomorrow!

irene
irene
on: July 15, 2013, 09:26

AlisonP, how is it going??? good Job on day 2..and good luck on day 3....Well kale is really a problem to a lot of juicers..i didn't like it either when i started juicing and since i incorporated exercises during my fast i needed kale as its a good source of proteins in my juices so i had to find a way to like kale....so i played with different fruits and noticed that kale goes well with apples,lemon n' Ginger.....so whenever juicing kale..include apples,lemon or ginger in the recipe and you will get a nice flavor....

let us know how day 3 goes.....all the best

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 15, 2013, 10:19

Great advice on the Kale taste Irene!

irene
irene
on: July 15, 2013, 10:57

Thanks JOJ......

irene
irene
on: July 15, 2013, 11:06

Thanks JOJ......

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 15, 2013, 21:33

Hiya Guys. Good day 3, think I'm getting into the swing of things, even put the Kale back in tonight and it was ok in a soup mix. Adding tabasco and black pepper. Will certainly try your idea Irene. I'm feeling hungry around 10 at night so just going to bed early! Not sure I am having enough as only managing to fit 3 to 4 juices in in a day! Hubby not helping munching away on choc biscuits!!! Thank you both for your support it certainly helps. I'm a bit worried about the amount of carbs in things like carrots and swede if I have too many, is it possible to have too many? I was always told to avoid veg high in carbs when doing other diets? Is there anything I should be avoiding?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 15, 2013, 22:00

Alison, one of the great things about juicing is you don't have to count carbs, calories, etc. Other diets don't work like a juice fast does, so you can't take bits and pieces from those diets and think like that while on a fast. The weight will come off, you'll start feeling amazing, and you'll see why juice fasting is much more than a quick way to lose weight. I'm sure Irene and many others will tell you not to worry about carbs or calories and just worry about giving your body that juice.

daniellem89
Juicer
on: July 15, 2013, 22:21

Hey how's it going was just reading through? I'm starting my juice fast on the 22nd! Really hoping that I love everything! I'm fond of my vegetable raw and cooked so hopefully il
Enjoy them in a juice form!!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 15, 2013, 23:04

Danielle, If you already like your veggies I think you'll have an easy time with the fast. Keep me posted and I'll be here if you have any questions.

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 16, 2013, 13:14

Hi Danielle. It's going good so far. I've never juiced before and never really eaten raw veg,only carrot sticks in dip! I'm really enjoying it now I've got the hang of it and feeling so much better than I've felt on other diets and I've tried everything out there believe me! As you can see from my posts JOJ has been brilliant and Irene, the support is fantastic, I don't feel alone on this journey and JOJ is always there to answer all my daft questions! Much better than any slimming club I've ever been to! I'm now dreading my holidays as would much prefer to stay on the juice diet but don't think it will be possible, not sure our little caravan will hold all the volumes of fruit and veg required and I would have to juice by hand! I'll be needing to read up on how to cope when coming off the juice! I'm sure your going to love it Danielle, keep in touch and let me know how it goes.

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,