twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Ready to start the 14 day Juice Fast!

AlisonP
Juicer
Re: Ready to start the 14 day Juice Fast!
on: July 16, 2013, 21:11

Mr JOJ, just a quick question? Are there any products in the supermarkets or anywhere that can be used when coming off the juice fast? I'm just trying to prepare ahead for my holidays! I wont be able to juice at all but would prefer to replace breakfast and lunch with some form of juice drink and then have a small meal of chicken or fish with veg or salad? Any suggestions?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 16, 2013, 21:34

Alison, when coming off the fast it's best to stick to a diet of just fresh fruits and vegetables and then adding in a protein after a few days. This gives your body time to adjust while still getting the same type of nutrients that it was getting while on the fast. Salads work really well. I've even juiced some lemon and raspberry to use as a dressing and it turned out wonderful.

After you've gone a week with eating raw fruits and veggies you can start adding in protein, nuts, etc. Just stay away from sugars and breads. If it's like a sponge and will absorb, then don't eat it.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 17, 2013, 15:26

Day 5 and I am feeling fantastic! I can just feel the weight falling off! I have 4st to lose and really don't think it's going to be a problem. I now have my favourite juices which allows for me to play about with other flavours, knowing I have some to fall back on if I don't like them. For anyone out there who is just thinking about giving this a go, I can absolutely recommend it. I have dieted for the last 30yrs and tried every single diet out there but never have I felt so positive and I don't even need to have any willpower! I can see this becoming a change for life! Whoop! Whoop! I am so happy!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 17, 2013, 21:19

Awesome AlisonP! You are doing so amazing on your fast! I always love to hear how juicing has changed people and how it will stay a part of their life. You have a great story Alison and I'm very proud that you have made it to day 5! You're on your way to a much healthier you!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 18, 2013, 13:43

Day 6 and still going strong. I feel like I have been juicing forever and now don't look on it as a fast! Can't wait to weigh myself on Saturday, hope I won't be disappointed! I bought myself a step counter a few weeks ago and did set myself a target of 10,000 steps a day, so far I am averaging 8,000 so quite happy with that at the moment but will hopefully manage to increase this over the next few weeks. I'm not a gym person but perhaps that will change, we do have a small leisure centre on the tiny island where I live and they do have a basic gym and small swimming pool so perhaps when I am a little more confident I might give it a go. Yay, look at me, even thinking of perhaps going to the gym!!! Tomorrow night could be a struggle, old habits and all that. We usually skype our son and daughter in law on a Friday night and have a few drinks with them! I'll make myself a nice juice drink instead, Honest! No ALcohol! Hahaha

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 18, 2013, 20:41

Alison, exercise is great once you get used to the juice. The gym will be great for you in addition to the juice. Have a wonderful time skyping with your son and daughter. Keep the booze out of the juice haha!

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 21, 2013, 19:57

Saturday weigh in and have lost 8lbs!!! Feeling fantastic. Had a very tough day Saturday, ploughed a field by hand! Well cut all the grass down but it took 6hrs! Fell off the wagon and had a healthy options meal for tea as I really felt I needed food! Sunday.....jumped right back on the wagon, finished ploughing the field, only took 5hrs so not feeling quite as 'needy' as yesterday. Juice all the way for the next 7 days. Really pleased with me weight loss this week as I had been on a conventional diet the 2 weeks previous to starting the Juice Fast and had lost 7lbs, so in total now I have lost 15lbs in 3 weeks. One happy bunny.

vickymoo
Juicer
vickymoo
on: July 21, 2013, 21:31

You said you were buying in tesco, how does that work for you cost wise? Debating between green grocers, lidl and tesco! Glad to read its going well for u!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 21, 2013, 21:42

Congrats on the weight loss Alison! You're doing really well and I'm pleased to see you succeeding as you are. Keep it up as it only gets better from here on out! I'm here if you have questions.

AlisonP
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 18:45

Hi Vicky, unfortunately I don't have a choice as to where I buy my groceries. I live on Shetland and we only have Tesco and a small co-op and no green grocers. Lidl or Aldi would be much better and if we had a grocers I would definitely shop there. I am finding it quite expensive and would love to have a choice of shops but it's the price we pay for living on the most beautiful island ever!

vickymoo
Juicer
vickymoo
on: July 22, 2013, 19:28

Oh wow you really are out there but I'm sure it's so beautiful!

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,