twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Questions from a juicing rookie

mhull
Juicer
Questions from a juicing rookie
on: October 15, 2013, 13:38

Hi all! I'm a 31 year old male who is trying juicing for the first time. I am starting with the goal of a 14 day fast...but realistically probably going for a 7 day. I am on day 2. I am doing this for the cleansing and as a stepping stone to cut 30-40 lbs. I'm currently 6'1, 259 lbs.

I am using the 7-day plan that is on this website with the 6 recipes. I've unfortunately only found one that I actually enjoyed...so chocking these down have been tough, but I do it knowing that it is helping heal my body.

This is hard for me....food is my worst addiction. I love everything about it. My opinion before this fast was that fruits and vegetables are what "food" eats. Haha. It's going better than I thought after 1 day though. I slept amazing last night, I woke up today and have not been all that hungry. Lots of aches and pains internally though...I'm sure that's my body mending. I noticed after 1 day, my belt notch was one tighter however (I'm sure that' water weight, but it's an inspiring event).

A couple of quick questions:

1. Can I add dry seasonings to these drinks? For example, I like a little heat with my food. Can I add a ground red cayenne pepper or something along that sort to the veggie drinks?
2. I am a "snuff" user. I was going to try and quit that at the same time as this fast...but trying to rid myself of two addictions at once seemed pretty intense for my body. Is it okay to moderately continue the use of snuff while juicing?
3. Is there any fruit or veggie that is "off limits" when it comes to juicing, or all "fair game?"
4. I see plenty of information about what to do while juicing, but not much after. This is my kick-start to a healthier life, so what should I plan on consuming post-fasting?

I did a lot of research on this before deciding to partake and this site was by far the most helpful, informative and Donnie, you seem to be there to answer every question / ease every fear. Thank you for that.

Thanks in advance for the help!

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
Re: Questions from a juicing rookie
on: October 15, 2013, 21:10

Hi Mhull,

We are of similar height and weight I and im on day 6 of what i hope to be a 60 day journey- I think you might find it interesting to read my thread I have going in the group juice fast section of this site. I have been writting everything day by day, meal by meal, including recipes, pictures and sharing my experience to the fullest
check it out and i think it will answer most of your quetions
http://www.justonjuice.com/forum/justonjuice-forum-group1/group-juice-fasts-forum3/day-1-of-30-60-juice-fast-starting-oct-10th-thread321.2/

also check out this with regards to what to eat after the fast
http://www.justonjuice.com/how-to-eat-after-a-fast/

as far as the snuff goes I think you after some time goes by on your fast you will realize that its time to stop and may just have the desire to stop. Maybe consider going longer than 7 days..I promise it will change the way you look at food and really anything that you put in your body. Check out the thread and let me know how you make out! I talk alot about adding jalapenos, hot sauce and cayenne pepper to alot of tomato based juices on the thread and have been having atomato juice type drink at least once a day.
Hang in there it will get better with each day!
Ray

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 15, 2013, 21:20

I can totally relate to what you said about fruits and veggies are what food eats but now look at the labels for everything that will go in my body. not too many days ago i was the guy that could eat a 2-3lb steak and potatos all by myself no problem, now funny thing is i think id be just as happy with a nice salad with fresh veggies and some grilled chicken on top! Go figure!
Also my belt notch has gone down one notch, plus i can now button my pants and not be uncomfortable- 38" and i just kept the top button undone and the belt on the last notch, which means im up to a 40" waist before this started....
Anyhow let me know how you make out and check out my thread its a bit long now having gone to almost 4 pages but i think it will help give you alot of insight, its up to pver 500 hits in the six days so people are reading it for sure. Granted 70 or 80 of them are me posting updates but i figure that its been viewed by curious people over 400 times so far and climbing!
Talk Soonest
Ray

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: October 17, 2013, 00:37

Great answers Ray! I've also been following your thread and you're doing amazing! It's great to see a day by day. I haven't been on much of lately as I got selected for jury duty and the trial lasts most of the day but should be over by November 1st hopefully! After that I'll be back on as normal but know that I'm always checking and doing my best to keep up with everyone.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

raydiouguy
Extreme Juicer
on: October 17, 2013, 01:17

Thank you Donnie :) I am glad to know you have been following my thread as well! But not so glad to hear your on jury duty..not the most fun...hopefully its a trial you can write a book about or something..hahaha...I did my jury duty most recently and the first day of the trial when we all showed up to start he took a plea deal for like 5 years in prison...I guees he was Guilty...lol..well thankfully I didnt have to sit thru all those days like you are having to do!
Cant wait to have you back as normal on the site...dont eat too much of that courthouse food!
Hope to hear from you often. I figure the thread I have going is helping alot of people thu alot of questions they have about juicing. Your site is great and Im glad to be a part of it!
Talk to you soonest
Ray

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,