twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: question

awarebruh
Juicer
question
on: August 1, 2013, 20:21

I read in the FAQ that I can have some chicken. Will that slow my weight loss? Also, can I do flavored protein shakes separate from the juice or no? I was thinking, 2 32 OZ hulks, a hydrowhey protein shake and a piece of boneless skinless chicken breast? Also, when should I start my 2 mile jogs? After the detox phase? Thoughts mate?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/platinum_hydrowhey.html < link to the protein.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: question
on: August 2, 2013, 03:23

Awarebruh, you can have chicken as part of the how to eat after your fast plan. But during your fast you need to stick to just juices for it to work.

It really depends on your what your goals are. It's going to be very hard to build muscle while on a juice fast. If your goal is lose weight then your best bet is to stick to a 7 day or longer fast. If your goal is to cut and build muscle then you should cut back on what you eat, add a few juices, keep a steady flow of fresh fruits/veggies in your diet, and maintain your protein intake and workout levels.

How much weight do you plan on losing?

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

awarebruh
Juicer
on: August 2, 2013, 03:29

Oh, ok. I plan on losing 40lbs.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:54

Okay, you might want to start planning your fast and your weight loss before you plan to build your body up. You'll have a much easier time focusing on one instead of both. Set your goals and accomplish one thing at a time.

Start with a 7 day fast and then push it to 14 days. I'm sure after day 7 you'll want to continue your fast. After that, decide if you want to continue losing weight or if you're at a spot where you feel comfortable enough to start building muscle. I'm here for you if you have any questions!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

awarebruh
Juicer
on: August 2, 2013, 04:50

I've been doing squats, planks, pushups, dips and crunches for about a month now. I can't continue that while juicing? I don't want to be skinny fat.

irene
irene
on: August 2, 2013, 08:12

hi awarebruh, During a juice fast you only are supposed to stick to Juices...If you are working out this means you have to make sure u juice a lot of protein rich Fruits & vegetables as well as juice fruits and veggies that are high in energy..

High energy Fruits & veggies: Citrus Fruits, bananas, Sweet potatoes & spinach.

Protein Rich Fruits: bananas, papaya, Kiwi, apricots, Avocado etc

Protein Rich Veggies:kale , carrots,a cup of packed spinach contains 5 g of protein, whereas the same size serving of asparagus contains 4.2 g, broccoli has 4 g, cauliflower has 3.8 g and a cup of celery has 1.5 g.

So stick to your Juices and do not worry about lacking proteins during your Juice fast as there are plenty of fruits and Veggies that are source of protein...

Cheers...

awarebruh
Juicer
on: August 2, 2013, 20:11

Ok Irene, thanks. I think I'm just going to stick to the Hulk juice on here for now. I don't have a problem eating the same thing over and over so I think the same juice will be fine. Those proteins are really low ;\ I'm currently taking in about 130g protein a day. I'll just worry about upping my protein after I'm done with my fast. I don't like bananas, papaya, apricots or sweet potatoes and avocados juiced wouldn't go over well for me lol. But thanks for all the information :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 03:34

While 130g is great if your intentions are to build muscle, it kind of contradicts you're goals of losing weight while on a juice fast. 130g is high and above the normal daily levels for most people. You can still do your exercises but focus on losing weight first, and then you can focus on building muscle. It will be much easier for you.

awarebruh
Juicer
on: August 9, 2013, 23:33

I'm supposed to be at 150g protein a day while lifting. You're supposed to have 1g of protein per 1LB of LBM to maintain so I disagree on that being too high of protein (some friends of mine do well over 200g.) Then again, the average person doesn't lift, but yes I'm gonna wait till I'm done with the fast.

I'm on day 2 and having trouble keeping the juice down. Bad headaches the first day and only 1 so far today. I've only drank the Hulks and it seems like my body is just rejecting it while I drink it. Is that normal? Also, I've only urinated 3 times and no #2 yet. Is that normal?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 9, 2013, 23:48

I agree while lifting you do require more protein. But that much protein is still above the normal daily levels for most people who do not focus on building muscle mass. When I was lifting I was doing around 250g per day many years ago. But I was also taking many other supplements. It just goes to show how much we have to adjust when our focus is losing weight as opposed to building muscle.

You should try to have other juices if that one is not working for you. You're also going through typical detox symptoms. Are you drinking plenty of water immediately after your juices and throughout the day? You need to make sure you are if you aren't urinating frequently. #2 will happen as long as you keep hydrated. That's so very important.

Days 2, 3, and 4 are the hardest and once you get past them you'll be just fine.

awarebruh
Juicer
on: August 10, 2013, 04:00

Not really sure which other juices to have, they all pretty much involve kale and cucumbers. Maybe it's the ginger that's getting to me? The first juice I had was good and now they seem to gradually get worse in taste to me? And yea I drink probably a half gal of water a day. The hardest thing about juicing I think so far besides the headaches is everyone around me in the house having all the food I normally eat ha. Also, if no #2 by tomorrow should I be worried?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 10, 2013, 04:23

Here's a good start.

http://www.justonjuice.com/juicing-substitution-list/

If you don't like a certain ingredient then just substitute it with something else. Also, try cutting the amount of ginger you use in half. Ginger can be very strong. I feel for you, I had to cook and take my boys out to eat while I was on the fast. It was hard watching them eat all the stuff we normally eat while I had to fast. It's not easy to do at first but after a while it didn't bother me. No need to get worried about #2. It will eventually happen. If it doesn't happen by tomorrow pick up some laxative tea and that will do the trick. Stay strong!

awarebruh
Juicer
on: August 10, 2013, 04:37

Ok, thanks. I saw on another thread there was posts about making soup? So, I looked up some stuff on Google and found this. http://www.all-about-juicing.com/soup.html#anchor-name6 I know it's a juicing website but are those recipes ok? I'm thinking about doing the corn soup? Vegetable stock would be allowed? And if that soup is allowed does the corn have to be boiled or only fresh?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 10, 2013, 16:19

Sorry, you can't include any solids. If you want to make soups then you'll have to juice them first and warm them up to keep on the fast. Take a look at this thread for some really good soup ideas.

http://www.justonjuice.com/forum/justonjuice-forum-group1/juicing-recipes-forum2/any-soup-recipes-available-i-have-a-tough-time-at-dinner-thread177

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,