twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Is this mixture good?

katferr
Juicer
katferr
Is this mixture good?
on: July 23, 2013, 21:32

I'm still testing out combos that I like lol. I seem to like 2 apples, 7 leafs of romaine lettuce, 2 handfuls of spinach, 2 carrots, a lil bit of ginger and a third of cucumber. Is this one 'green' enough?
In the mornings I have been drinking 2 apples, 1 nectarine, handful of blueberries, carrots and spinach.
If I like a certain combo is it good to keep drinking it or am I suppose to have a variety?

Thanks a bunch!

Deb
Juicer
Deb
Re: Is this mixture good?
on: July 23, 2013, 22:40

I don't know Katferr I just started today but so far I enjoy the juices that have fruit/berries in them the most. How many days are you on?
Deb

katferr
Juicer
katferr
on: July 23, 2013, 23:44

I haven't started yet.... I was told the juices have to have more veggies than fruit and more green than most and was having a hard time finding a taste that my body would allow in 😉 I am thinking I'll start in August. Too much stuff going on with birthday parties and cottage life now. For now I am having the hot water and lemon in the morning with two juices one for breakfast and lunch. Haven't given up the solids yet but working towards it. My job is demanding and I want to try and take a wed/thurs off work so that'll give me a whole week without distraction!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 24, 2013, 03:59

It's great to have little to no distraction when you first start out. If the juices aren't tasting optimal there are a few things you can do. Try adding more lemon, it will give the juices more of a tangy taste. You can also add an pomegranate seeds as they tend to cover up a lot of the greener flavors. Sometimes it just takes a few berries to make a big difference in the taste of a juice. Have fun experimenting.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

irene
irene
on: July 25, 2013, 11:07

Katferr...Just play with fruits and vegetables you will be amazed with the flavors that come from some veggies when mixed with fruits....i had troubles with juicing kale but then i came to realize if im juicing kale then i'll include apples in my recipe as the sweetness of the apples tend to cover the strong taste of kale...u can use this Tip...but when juicing always remember to keep it at a ratio of 80:20 veggies (80%)& Fruits (20%)

Cheers and happy Juicing...

polarbearlove-
r
Juicer
on: July 25, 2013, 18:51

Katferr, that was my issue also.. finding ones I liked.. oddly enough I do not like beets at all, but thought what the heck give them a try, and I found that beets and oranges are one of my FAVORITES! To change my green drinks up, ( spinach, cucumber, parsley, celery, ginger, lemon, asparagus) as a base, I add apples which I like but pineapple rocks! My other favorite one is Carrots, and either one peeled orange, or one necturine. I pretty much stick to these ones. I tried a tomatoe based one and it was NOT my cup of tea. It was so bad I had to toss it, but some people love them. Also cinnamon is good sprinkled on the carrot ones too.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,