twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Howdy

myarr
Juicer
myarr
Howdy
on: August 17, 2013, 01:52

Howdy everyone! My name is Mike and I live in Florida. I've become interested in juicing over the past couple of weeks after viewing a few documentaries. I suffer from End Stage Renal Disease due to a hereditary condition known as Alport's Syndrome. I am only 25. We've known about it since I was born.

I'm very interested in starting a juice fast (after I consult my kidney doctor of course). I have limitations while I am on dialysis of phosphorous and potassium. Some of the fruits may be difficult, but I will find all of that out from my doctor. I'm very interested in starting a raw diet afterwards. Would it be possible to eat seafood and would I have to eat it raw? Oysters are still in then, right?!

Anyways, thanks for such a helpful resource and I look forward to "meeting" many new people on this journey.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Howdy
on: August 18, 2013, 02:32

Welcome to JOJ Myarr. As far as the raw diet afterwards, I see no problem eating seafood cooked or raw. How long do you plan on juice fasting for?

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

myarr
Juicer
myarr
on: August 18, 2013, 18:58

Thank you! I'm looking for a good diet post-fast that is somewhat easy to keep. I figured a diet free of all of the chemicals that we find in our foods nowadays best in the long run. I'm thinking of a 7-10 day fast to get me started. I am currently 180 lbs and really just looking for a little weight loss and more energy. I need some motivation to get off the couch and get moving!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 19, 2013, 16:08

Myarr, get off the couch and get moving! :)

You'll see a little weight loss and increased energy during your fast and most likely after your fast too. Let me know how things go. Keep me posted and remember, I'm here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

myarr
Juicer
myarr
on: August 22, 2013, 17:52

To continue weight loss and keep energy levels high after the fast, what is a good diet to follow? Also, will your body eventually slow down losing weight so you don't lose too much?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 22, 2013, 18:08

Myarr, read this article I wrote on how to eat after a juice fast.

http://www.justonjuice.com/how-to-eat-after-a-fast/

It will help answer your questions. Also, your body will eventually slow down with the weight loss. Remember, the more you have to lose, the faster you will lose it. If you're already at a good healthy weight, the weight loss will be minimal if any.

myarr
Juicer
myarr
on: August 28, 2013, 02:28

Thanks for that link! I'm going to purchase my juicer next week I think. I have pretty dry skin, will juicing hydrate my skin? If so, is there a specific juice that's good for that?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 28, 2013, 16:05

Myarr, juicing will help your skin. All the juices will work to hydrate your body but I would focus on making it a point to include strawberries in one or two of your juices per day. Hope that helps!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,