twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Hints and tips that may be useful

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
Hints and tips that may be useful
on: August 9, 2013, 17:51

Here's just a couple of hints and tips I have that some people might find useful, they've helped me out
If you're out and about and don't have a juice with you, or if you didn't have time to make a juice try coconut water. In shops near me you can buy pure coconut water. Coconuts are the full package and contain all the nutrients needed to get by, I once done a full week fast drinking pretty much only coconut water (I was on a beautiful Thai island and the coconuts were harvested from the surrounding trees, ho hum), the coconut water you get in cartons (make sure its 100% pure) will be pasteurised and will have lost some of its benefits, but it will act as a quick fix.

Pineapple - This is a very beneficial fruit, but should be used on its own or at least sparingly, it is very acidic and can cause fermentation with other foods in the stomach, plus if it is unripe it can cause sores, or itchy lips due to its proliferation of enzymes and acids

Turmeric - Sometimes when detoxing your body tries to get rid of toxins any way it can, usually the quickest route, so you might get spots. Turmeric is a very good blood cleanser and adding a bit to your juice or to tea/water can help keep the spots down. I use it to good effect when not fasting as well

Cabbage - If you want to juice cabbage make sure you dilute it with lots of other juices, somebody warned me of this so being me I had to try it, I juiced some neat cabbage and drunk a mouthful, once it hit the stomach it felt as though I had downed liquid fire and was instantly sick, it REALLY wasn't pleasant! My wife experienced the same too! (Same goes for Broccoli)

When coming off a fast you may need to replace the acids in your stomach, youghurt is obviously good for this, but you don't want too much milk if any. Try making nut yoghurt, almond or cashew are particularly tasty, you'll need a milk free starter culture, but once you've made one batch you can save some for the next lot. Make a basic nut milk and then proceed to make yoghurt as you would normally.
Another good way of getting friendly bacteria into your system is Rejuvelac, here's a simple recipe I made after my coconut fast -

1 cabbage
1 garlic (whole bulb)
purified water
cinammon tea (optional)

Method - shred the cabbage and chop the garlic, fill your container about 1/3 full. Add the water/tea. Cover with a tight fitting plate to make it air-tight and weight, and cheesecloth and place in a warm place for 3-4 days. After which separate the solids and liquids, store them in the fridge. The liquid is high in enzymes, B Vits and Lactobaccilus and can be used on its own or added to juice, salad dressings, the cabbage can be juiced, added to salads

Also you can add finely chopped carrot, shallot, chilli, red cabbage, beets, and nori (seaweed) to make Kimchi

After a couple of days of detoxing you could make a liver flush, this helps to push old bile from your liver, or clean the small intestine, depending on how much oil you use...

Blend 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/4 cup lemon, 3 cloves garlic, 1" ginger, 1 teaspoon or more cayenne pepper, and 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. The more oil works on your liver, less oil works on your small intestine

The recipes were given to me by a wonderful woman named Hilary on a beautiful part of one of Thailands busiest islands where she had made her detox retreat

Thats just a few pointers. Hope they serve you well :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Hints and tips that may be useful
on: August 9, 2013, 21:52

Coconut water is great while on the fast. Make sure it's just pure coconut water as there are a lot of other flavored varieties out there.

You have provided us with many great tips Rob. I hope this post inspires people on and off their juice fast. Thanks a bunch Rob!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,