twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Going to do this - Juice fast no 2 - Starting on November 1st 2015

shelley
Juice Professional
Going to do this - Juice fast no 2 - Starting on November 1st 2015
on: October 23, 2015, 10:33

Pre fast

I am choosing to commence another juice fast on November 1st 2015 Sydney time Australia.

From tomorrow on I will only eat fruit and vegetables ,healthy fats like chia seeds, nut milks. No processed foods or refined sugars.

shelley
Juice Professional
Re: Going to do this - Juice fast no 2 - Starting on November 1st 2015
on: October 24, 2015, 02:02

Pre fast

Anyone want to join me,please do.

shelley
Juice Professional
on: October 26, 2015, 06:34

Pre fast

Tried a new smoothie yesterday. Yeah gave the kale leafy vegetable a go.To be honest I didn't think I would like the taste. This smoothie had 2 cups of kale, I pink lady apple and 2 cups of frozen mango.You juice the kale and Apple. Pour this into a blender, along with the frozen mango. And drink. Pretty yummy, cold and sweet.

shelley
Juice Professional
on: October 28, 2015, 11:52

Pre fast

Made a vegetable rice dish. Only a few days to go until juice fast number 2. I have been watching a few videos on ytube about people who have juice fasted before. Some of these people are very inspiring.

I am having trouble getting rid of the chocolate desires. I keep giving in to these cravings.

shelley
Juice Professional
on: October 31, 2015, 09:21

Pre fast

Well it has been three days since I ate chocolate. And today I do feel a lot better, I had headaches for the last couple of days.

Tomorrow will be day 1 of the juice fast. I hope to post everyday.

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 1, 2015, 11:55

Day 1

Well today started out ok. I drank barley max green drink using 1 tablespoon of barley max and 1 tablespoon of ground Chia Seeds in about a cup of water. I also drank an Apple,orange and spinach smoothie. 500mls of coconut water and a couple of litres of water.

Around 2 pm I was really hungry, my thoughts went from "just make a juice" to "drink more water" to the thought that tempted me to have "some cold roasted chicken", so I need to say this I had a cold chicken with fresh red tomatoes sandwich.And also when I needed to prepare dinner for other people, I smelt the Caesar salad, so I had a small bowl of that,minus the bacon.I also ate chocolate, which I regret the most. Feel discouraged, I didn't even make it through the first day.

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 1, 2015, 13:30

Don't worry, Shelley. Start again. You can only fail if you quit. If you manage a day or two from now on the memory of the first day's mis-steps will fade. I think though that you will have to drink lots more juice so you won't get hungry and tempted by food.
I'll join you starting today, Nov 1. I'll do juice on some days and water on some. Today is water only. Do a little exercise if you can to make you feel inspired and motivated again and to move the solid food quicker through your system. Good luck!

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 2, 2015, 00:09

Finished 24 hrs of water only. Going to try for another 24 but I have to work so let's see how that goes.

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 3, 2015, 03:32

Finished 48 hours of water then drank orange juice. I wonder if Shelley minds if I post in her thread?

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 3, 2015, 06:18

Hi Liquid Life, that is such a cool name and very appropriate.And I don't mind at all if you post in this thread. Thank you so so much for your words to me, I felt encouraged to actually start again.

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 3, 2015, 10:32

Thanks Shelley!

All of us have stuttered and stumbled. Not one of us is perfect and each of us has our own demons to subdue. Luckily each day is a new opportunity for us to start again.

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 4, 2015, 00:06

I did 24 hrs of water only followed by OJ juiced from 25 medium oranges. I'll do a few days of OJ and water but I'm hoping to go greener by weekend. So far I feel fine.

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 4, 2015, 02:18

Day 1 - Starting again

I do have a question for you,if that is OK Liquid Life? I do not want to be too nosey. Why are you water fasting? I have read that water fasting may be a treatment to heal some diseases. As it gives your body a rest from digestion, so it can concentrate on healing and removing toxins from within the body.What is your thoughts on that?

Have not had any juice today as yet. Only water,planing on making a juice with 1 beetroot, 2 zucchini,1 lime and 1 pear very shortly.

Also planning to cook a few meals, for the other members of the family and freeze them. I am going to do this because the smells of food cooking makes it harder to focus on juices. Learnt that last time.So each night, I only have to take it out of the freezer and heat it up for them.

Took my blood pressure last night, still high. Hoping the juicing will fix the cause of this.

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 4, 2015, 10:29

Shelley, I just feel I heal faster with water only. I'm just not able to do water only all the time however, so I delay drinking juices until I feel really hungry and/or very tired. I think by next week though that I'll be doing more juices than water.
Cooking for others while fasting is terribly difficult. You have to use all the tricks in the book to stay on track. That freezer strategy is neat :).

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 4, 2015, 15:38

Liquid Life, do you have a goal or plan as to how long you will fast? I am aiming for fifteen days, but may go longer,if I am able.

Yes strategies are extremely useful, the last fast I undertook I kept mostly at home to avoid all supermarkets, and all fast food places.I think posting here on this forum helps too,keeps you more accountable, or something like that.Also helps you feel like you are not alone in this adventure.

I took note of your suggestion to exercise, to help digestion along. I managed to walk about 20 minutes last evening.I am assuming that would help with your metabolism as well.

Will prepare a few juices that uses kale tomorrow, because I have quite a bit of it in the fridge. So hoping I can make them tasty.

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 5, 2015, 00:12

Wondering how Liquid Life is getting along. Are you OK?

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 5, 2015, 01:54

Oh yes, Shelley. I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking. I'm starting to see little positive signs of healing already.Little signs, but still an indication that I am on the right track. Today before going to work(about 6am) I juiced 6 oranges. Then I did water all day and about 6pm I juiced some more oranges and I exercised a little.
I hope to not go beyond Nov with this juice fast. However, I am day to day. No fixed plan.
I wish I could stay at home like you said you did on your last fast but I used up all my vacation days for this year :(.
Hang in there and we'll do this together. Even if we don't achieve our goals, at the least we'll get some additional experience so the next time we do this we'll be that much more prepared. Good luck!

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 6, 2015, 00:56

Today, day 5, is the first day I started experiencing cravings. I tasted bread in my mouth for about 6 hours non stop and I had a medium strong longing for coffee. Weird, the bread thing. I didn't give in though and it passed. Right now I have a low level craving for some solid,cooked food but I'm not giving in. At least not yet :).
So after yesterday's oranges at about 6pm Eastern Time I did water only for ~ 24 hrs and then had OJ again a couple of hours ago. For now that seems to be the plan.
Hang in there, Shelley, hang in there.

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 6, 2015, 10:34

This morning within 15 minutes of awakening I had the taste of coffee in my mouth. It went away after about 10 mins. Pretty sure it'll come back though...and bring its friends with it.
So the cravings are ramping up. That's fine. It just means I am progressing on the road to healing.I have to go through this to come out on the other side. This time around I feel confident that I'm ready for battle. Bring it on!

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 6, 2015, 15:55

Oh Liquid Life,you brought a large smile to my face, about the coffee cravings and it's friends ramping up. I needed a laugh today. Thank you, thank you!

Made a juice today with pear,Apple and lime served over crushed ice. Felt like I needed something sweet.

Never saw this whole thing like a battle so much before, Liquid Life. But I guess it is isn't it. So I am with you. Bring it on! Heaps cool.

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 6, 2015, 23:27

Hi Shelley,
Glad you smiled today :). I've got to try that pear, apple, lime sometime. It sounds good.
I don't want to be too melodramatic but I have lost countless opportunities in many different spheres of life due to my eating the wrong foods and I am doggone tired of it. It's time to take my life back! I've lost this battle 99% of the time but I mean to win the war this time. Between water only, juices then smoothies and finally a full raw foods diet I mean to get my life back. There is no other way for me. I have no choice.
Today, Friday at 6pm marks another 24 hrs of water only. I used to think I couldn't work a day without food. Now I'm doing it without a thought. It's the weekend and I want to water fast until Monday when I go back to work. I don't know how that's going to play out but I'm giving it a shot.
I see signs of healing every day. It's been a long, hard road but I think the time has finally come for liberation.
Keep fighting the good fight, Shelley. The payback is worth it.

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 7, 2015, 06:34

I think I know what you mean about being "doggone tired of it". Is it like you are just so sick of being sick? Enough is enough? So I am guessing you can use this as motivation to conquer. Is that so? I think I am also realising that anything that is good, anything that is worthwhile, anything of real benefit in this life is always obtained by good plain hard work. I would love to know your thoughts on my last sentence.

Learnt a valuable lesson today, " the clean the juicer after you use it lesson".Lately we have had a huge parade of ants in our house.I was all set up, to prepare a freshly extracted juice. Wandered over to the juicer, and oh my gosh, ants, ants, ants! Not one or two, but several trails of them busily walking around inside the juicer.So dumped all the washable parts in the kitchen sink.And chose to consume coconut water.

Also been thinking about listing reasons that I am juicing, or goals to aim for to help keep on track and focused. I aim to write one each time I post.

Juicing Reason no.1

To have more energy.Why? So I can bless those that I live with, by being able to physically clean the house properly.By having a clean and organised home,we are more relaxed, we can find things and it is more hygienic.

I admire you for sticking it out, Liquid Life! Good on you! What are you on day 6?

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 7, 2015, 22:58

Juicing reason no.2

To heal whatever is causing the high blood pressure.Why? So I do not have a heart attack or stroke later in life. So I am fitter and physically able to do more with the people that I love.

In the process of finding more tasty juicing recipes to try. Drinking lots and lots of water.

How are you coming along Liquid Life? Took note of something you mentioned, that you aim to eventually consume a raw food lifestyle. I have been looking into this also. In fact I joined a website called "The Rawtarian", just recently. They have a special deal,running at the moment. I think it was like $5 to join for 1 month and then the cost goes up.You can cancel at any time, I believe. Have not looked fully all over the site yet, but noticed it had tons and tons of recipes, some courses you can do and a forum as well.Not sure how long I will stay joined though.

Hope you are coming along OK Liquid Life :)

Liquid Life
Juicer
on: November 8, 2015, 03:06

Hi Shelley, Yes I am doing fine so far. I gave in today at 6pm and drank some juices so I didn't make the water fast till Monday like I had hoped but that's ok. I did do 48 hrs, friday and saturday. I'll try to do another 24 hrs on from sat 7pm to Sunday 7pm.
I started on Oct 31 at 6pm, New York time, so I have finished day 7 about 3 hrs ago .

I agree with you. It's been my experience that nothing of significance comes easily. Anything really worthwhile takes hard work to achieve.
Yeah, I always clean my juicer immediately after juicing. Much easier to clean and no ants :)
You'll definitely have more energy and many people have said their blood pressure came down with juicing. I don't have that particular problem myself though.
We have to make some sacrifices now if we want to be with our loved ones for as long a time as possible.
I don't think I have a choice with the raw diet. It seems like I have a huge intolerance to cooked foods. I get sick in many ways every time I eat it. No doctor believes that and all of them say I have no medical problem. Yet I cannot eat cooked food without having all sorts of nasty symptoms.
I know the Rawtarian site but I didn't realize there was a charge. You can get a lot of information online on raw foods and RF recipes for free.
Take care and let's do this!

shelley
Juice Professional
on: November 9, 2015, 09:23

Emotionally struggling today so here is my juicing reason no 3.

Juicing reason no 3

To not have such emotional turmoil,to actually enjoy living. Why? Don't no why at this time.

Will just go have coconut water and rest.

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,