twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: First Time Juicer

alethadan
Juicer
First Time Juicer
on: August 9, 2013, 21:14

I have thought a lot about juicing in the past and never was ready to do it wholeheartedly until now. The last few weeks I cut meat out of my diet and started eating whole foods only. I initially lost about 4 pounds in 3 weeks but I am looking to loose 30-40 pounds a lot faster than what I have been able to lose in the past with traditional diet and exercise. Since I finally started eating healthy and have been able to stick with it for the last 3 weeks I feel I am in the right mind set to do a 14 day juice fast. I have never been able to completely give up my morning coffee which I usually sweeten with honey and add half and half to and cinnamon. If I cut out the honey and cream in the coffee would it still be okay if I drink a cup in the mornings during the 14 day juice fast but still add the cinnamon? Does drinking coffee hinder or slow down weight loss? How much weight can I expect to lose in the 14 days?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: First Time Juicer
on: August 9, 2013, 21:48

Alethadan, welcome to JOJ and congrats on deciding to start your juice fast. While coffee is one of the things we should avoid due to the caffeine, it's not going to make or break your fast if you have 1 cup in the morning with the exception of no sweetener or cream. Cinnamon will be fine. You'll eventually want to cut out that coffee as soon as possible and switch to tea. You want to rid your body of the caffeine. You're only going to rid your body of toxins if you stop putting toxins into it.

I'm positive you'll lose weight much faster juicing than you previously have with your diet and exercise routine. I've seen people lose anywhere between 14-30 pounds on 2 weeks of just on juice. It really depends on how much you have to start with and what juices you drink.

With all that being said, I think you will do just great on your fast! Keep me posted!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

alethadan
Juicer
on: August 12, 2013, 15:46

Thanks for the encouragement Donnie. I made it through the weekend and it was very difficult. Now I am starting day 4 and feel pretty good. I am done with the coffee after reading your comment so I will switch to tea only. I love the recipes that are on the website and appreciate very much the grocery list. We have a large produce stand where I live and their stuff is fresh and way less expensive than the local chain grocery. They are beginning to carry more and more organic so I am loading up on that too.

A lady at my church did a 14 day juice fast when she was going through chemo therapy for colon cancer....she had a colostomy bag at the time at could not digest food very well so juicing was a great way for her to get what her body needed. She was telling my yesterday that when she wanted something hot to drink she would warm up organic vegetable broth and I was wondering if that is okay to do or should I avoid that all together during my juice fast. BTW her health is fully restored and she does a 3-5 day juice fast each month to keep the toxins flushed out of her body.

Also, when can I expect to stop feeling sooo hungry? I drink my juice then I'm good for about 2 hours then I have terrible hunger pains. Think that may be because I have been using honey and creamer in my coffee? Looking forward to dropping some weight and having clearer skin. Already down 3 pounds end of day 3...YEAH!

Thanks for all the support and the awesome website.

alethadan
Juicer
on: August 12, 2013, 16:00

Real quick something I forgot to ask about....I have been waking up in the night feeling like I might vomit. Is that normal? It passes and I don't end up getting sick but every since I started juicing this has happened. I was thinking that it is probably all the toxins getting flushed out and I am just having a reaction but I wanted to know if that is normal. I do not get nauseated during the day just at night once I have laid down to sleep.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 16:43

You're welcome Alethadan! Congrats on day 4, that's wonderful! You can make juice and heat it up. It taste much better than veggie broth. Look in the forum under the Recipes section, there is a post there about soups and it has a few that I'm sure you would really enjoy!

If you're feeling hungry the best thing you can do is to have a juice. You have to retrain your mind to the differences between hunger and cravings. Hunger is how your body tells you that it needs nutrients and cravings are when your mind tells you to eat out of habit, boredom, or for the enjoyment and taste of it. When you drink a juice you are loading your body up with nutrients so genuine hunger shouldn't be an issue while on the fast. As soon as you feel hungry, you need to have a juice. Don't deprive your body of what it needs to get healthier.

Also, make sure you are drinking plenty of water immediately after a juice and throughout your day. It helps to dilute the juice and makes for quicker absorption into your body. Have a juice 1-2 hours before you go to sleep. Since you are on day 4 you're probably still going through detox. That will pass soon enough and you'll be on track!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,