twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Day 8 of Juicing - Want to start eating solids again

Jf479
Juicer
Day 8 of Juicing - Want to start eating solids again
on: August 8, 2013, 13:35

Yesterday 07/08/2013 was my 7th day juicing and weighed myself, I have lost 13 pounds and I'm very pleased. I feel better for doing it and will carry on juicing. Last night I decided I wanted to eat some solid fruit and had some apple and Orange. I felt satisfied after eating it as I was feeling hungry and had the urge to eat. Yes I know I should have made a juice 😉

Today I have decided I want to start introducing solid food back into my diet, and had some fruit for breakfast. I'm going to have a juice a bit later. I have an idea what I would like for my dinner, please could someone tell me if this is good idea or not, or if there is anything you could recommend. I would like cooked stuffed peppers with couscous, mushrooms, red onion, spring onion and a nice side salad of cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce with some lemon juice.

I really want to try and stick to an Alkaline diet as much as possible and I'm not going back to my old habits. I'm not sure if couscous is Alkaline and contains to many carbs and protein, have tried to search for this. Is it OK to include couscous into salads ?. I'm still going to juice everyday.

Would this be a good diet plan for the future ?
Breakfast - solid fruit, apples, oranges, melon, Lemon water
mid morning - Juice with 80% Veg 20% fruit
Lunch - a fresh salad - cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, pepper, lettuce, spinach, fresh lemon juice etc.
afternoon snack - Juice with 80% Veg 20% fruit
Dinner - Fresh cooked veggie meal
evening snack - fresh fruit, grapes, peach, plums etc

Please, if there's anything I've missed or you could recommend would be much appreciated. I obviously want to try and stick with the raw food diet as it will be the best for me, but want to include some of my favourites like spag bol, a curry or something with rice and I love pasta. Is there anything that can substitute for these meals :).

Last night after eating some pineapple my lips were sore and when I ate some this morning my lips started to bleed a bit. Has this happened to anyone or is this something to do with not eating for a week causing my lips to become dry ?

I would appreciate your help and recommendations thank you :)

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
Re: Day 8 of Juicing - Want to start eating solids again
on: August 8, 2013, 14:13

Be careful with pineapple, it contains a lot of enzymes and is often used as a good meat tenderiser. I was going to start a post about pineapple to be honest. If you want to eat some eat it on its own and give time before/after to let other food digest. Same goes with juice, use it sparingly

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Day 8 of Juicing - Want to start eating solids again
on: August 8, 2013, 15:50

JF, it sounds like you have a good plan in place. Just be careful not to include too many pasta dishes and eat them in moderation. You can pretty much eat what you like, but make sure you don't over eat, and listen to your body. If your full, stop eating.

Not sure why your lips would be dry, but I doubt it had anything to do with not eating solids. Use some lip balm and be careful of eating spicy or acidic foods as that will only make it worse.

Congrats on 1 week and 13 pounds lost! That's a great achievement!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,