twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: A Few Questions!

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
A Few Questions!
on: August 1, 2013, 22:06

Ok so I have a few questions. For the most part I've been winging the juicing recipes. Creating juices that sounds tasty (and about 99% of them were tasty!).

I do have a few questions. I am mostly managed 3 glasses of juice a day. But my glasses are 24 oz. They are the big insulated cups with the lid and straw. I use these because my son is in the stage where sticking his hand in my cup of whatever I"m drinking and swirling it around is FUN. Plus he wants to drink from our cups. So these cups allow me to share with him through straw and him not to stick his hand in. So 24 oz. 3 times a day.

For the most part, I feel like I'm not juicing enough vegetables. However, I HATE CELERY AND CUCUMBER. The only way I've found em tolerable is with pineapple which is so sweet it kills the taste of them. I"m going to juice a carrot tonight and try that with whatever I come up with. Also I think I can tolerate kale and spinach but my juicer won't juice them. I have to use a food processor and I BROKE my baby bullet processor processing kale the other day /facepalm. I think I have another one.

Is it a big deal if you don't juice a LOT of vegetables? I just cannot do cucumber or celery very much and I"ll go through a ton of pineapple if I have to use them a lot!

Also, ummm this is gross... but I haven't used the bathroom for about 2 days now.. (I've peed plenty). Is that normal? :\

OH and advice on taking my mother to town tomorrow. This is a woman who loves to cook and though says she's supportive of diets she's pushy when it comes to eating at her table. I know I'm gonna be making quite a bit tonight to take along tomorrow because I"ll be with her all day at least. Any diets I've been on usually fail when I go to her house and I go at least once a week! And soon 2-3 times a week when school starts back up as she is my babysitter.

hoppy123
Juicer
Re: A Few Questions!
on: August 1, 2013, 23:15

Have you tried juicing some kale . Very potent in vitamin with not as much water as cucumbers etc

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 1, 2013, 23:21

Yes. But I mixed it with cucumber and celery for some juice recipe I was following. So I haven't had it by itself. And I was using my baby bullet to process it because my juicer won't juice kale. I'll have to find another one. I think we got another one.

hoppy123
Juicer
on: August 1, 2013, 23:29

What i do to take off the taste of the greens is juice a 1/2 lime . It actually make it taste alot better . I juice 40% greens 10% celery 20%carrot 30%fruit and 1/2 lime . Not sure if this is the right combo nut it makes it drinkable .

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 1, 2013, 23:31

I think I"ll try focusing on greens rather than cucumber/celery. Don't have any limes till tomorrow. Not sure if I'm a big fan of lime or not. But I'll have to see I suppose :)

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 2, 2013, 01:18

Tried carrot and some romaine lettuce with 2 peaches a kiwi and some grapes and strawberry. It made 24 oz. It's pretty good :) I added the grapes because I needed something more sweet to it. I had to use a blender for the lettuce and then strain it with a mesh strainer I have then pat it down to squeeze more juice out of it. But worked fine. Kind of went broke over the juicer so I can't buy much else except for fruit LOL

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:13

Ticking, it's okay to have a bigger amount of juice but make sure you are still drinking plenty of water afterwards to help dilute it. Juice gets absorbed within 15 minutes so you'll have to be drinking atleast another 8-12 ounces of water immediately after your juice. That's why I suggest a serving size of at least 16 ounces. That's a lot of fluid.

If you don't like any one particular ingredient then simply find a suitable substitution http://www.justonjuice.com/juicing-substitution-list/

I saw you mention a food processor or a baby bullet. Make sure you are not using those during your fast. They just blend your produce together but don't separate the juice from the fiber. It's important that you separate the juice and only drink the juice without the included fiber that blenders leave in. Kale and spinach give very little juice but it's very concentrated. I find it best to run something like a cucumber, carrot, or apple after the spinach/kale to flush out what remains in your juicer.

You need to keep your juices on a 80/20 ratio of veggies/fruits. Fruits contain a lot of sugar and it's important to limit your sugar intake if your goal is to lose weight.

As far as using the restroom you need to understand that when you juice, the juice gets absorbed into you system instead of passing through your digestive system. Since the juice is already broken down and the fiber removed, you aren't giving your body anything to warrant a bowel movement. So it's perfectly normal after a few days to have emptied your system. You will start to urinate much more frequently, but understand that every time you urinate you are removing toxins and fat from your system.

Just don't eat solids! Keep a strong mind and don't eat them. Mothers are incredibly great at getting us to eat even when we know we shouldn't. It's like they took a class on how to make us eat or something... Just hold your ground and keep your goals in mind. Know that in a short matter of time you'll be back at here table eating her foods once you've reached your goals and completed your fast. I'm here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 2, 2013, 03:38

Thanks so much!!! My juicer just will not juice leafy stuff. It blows it out. It's the Hamilton Beach one. It'll do the solid vegetables fine. I blended lettuce then strained it with a mesh strainer and got quite a bit of liquid from it that way though I know that's not ideal.. Found out tonight carrots are good in juice and the lettuce was fine. No weird tastes I'm gonna try to just add more vegetables (that I can tolerate or at least use smaller amounts) in as I go and get used to tastes. I've promised myself if I stick with this I'll buy an awesome better juicer that WILL do leafy vegetables (and when my credit card is paid off lol).

I'd like to say I've seen SOME weight loss but I don't trust my scale and don't want to get hopes up. Is it possible to lose a few pounds in 3 days? I weigh in morning when I wake up. Starting was 266. Scale is saying 261. I don't trust the mean little thing.

I'm going to make three juices for tomorrow at my moms. Also, since we're going shopping I'm going to look for smaller cups (I'm sure they gotta make smaller versions of these things). I didn't know water was that big of a deal during a fast (I figured you should drink water but not as much as you suggested). I'll have to do better with that. It'll help me feel full longer at least. lol. I do ice my juices to make them cold so there is some water in it from melting.

Anyways thanks so much for answering my questions. You are all so helpful :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:51

I used that hamilton beach without any issues but try rolling up your leafy veggies into a tightly packed ball and then running it through the juicer. That helps me sometimes. I also don't press very hard on the pusher, just about a fingers worth of pressure is all I give it.

You can also use Romaine Lettuce in place of the spinach or kale. Romaine has some good protein benefits.

I find that people usually lose on average between 3-9 pounds during their first 3 days of the fast. Trust how your clothes fit, and how you feel.

You are doing great! Keep it up, I'm looking forward to your updates :)

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 2, 2013, 04:06

Thanks! Just looked at substitution list and saw zucchini can be replaced for celery and cucumber. Do you know how HAPPY THAT MAKES ME?!?!?!?! I looooooooooooooove zucchini. Granted the way I love it is stir fried in oil and greasy and deliciousness. /facepalm Not even gonna worry about celery and cucumber now LOL. I can do leafy veggies, carrots, and zucchini/squash

I'll keep trying with the juicer for the leafy stuff till I can get either get the right touch or just have to blend it and strain it unfortunately. :\ Still figuring the thing out. I'll try again tomorrow though at some point. :)

irene
irene
on: August 2, 2013, 07:50

hello Ticking, sorry bout your Juicer not juicing leafy greens but as JOJ said try to Pack them tightly before passing them through the mouth of the juicer it does help and also u can re-juice the fiber for the second time if u find that the juice from the leafy greens haven't been juiced properly.....

I have a few suggestions for you on what veggies you can juice...u have a wide variety of veggies to use so don't limit your self to celery & though these veggies will give u more juice..Try to juice Butternut squash, Pumpkins, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips, kale, spinach, Broccoli, Zucchini, cauliflower, Romaine lettuce, Asparagus, watercress, Swiss orchard, Beet roots, cabbage, red cabbage, Rhubarb, Green Beans, Purple Asparagus...etc so go for veggies that bless you.....

i hope the above info will be useful......Keep Juicing

Cheers

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 3, 2013, 18:39

Irene

I went grocery shopping after looking at the substitution list and bought more carrots (which I like) and zucchini (which I like cooked so maybe I'll like them juiced). Squash was all sold out :( I have romaine lettuce, kale, and spinach ... I"m going to keep trying with them (haven't tried again yet). I've found if I use a VERY sweet fruit (pineapple, orange) I can tolerate the cucumber with half a cucumber. I'm getting used to the taste. But I'm throwing away that dang celery! LOL.

This morning I managed to have about 60% fruit and 40% veggies (which is more veggies than what I was consuming).

But yes that was VERY helpful. I'm not very good at buying fresh produce. Never have! People look at me weird because I walk around the produce department probably 10 times because I don't know where anything is and I always forget to take a list! Not to mention I went once Sunday night then had to go back the next day or after and they had COMPLETELY remodeled in ONE night! The fruits are easier. The vegetables get me. I don't know WHAT IS WHAT.

Can't wait til pumpkins are out. I <3 pumpkin pie... pumpking smoothie, pumpkin blizzard from DQ so I can't imagine how good a pumpkin juice would be with some cinnamon maybe? :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 4, 2013, 04:59

Yeah, one of my favorite juices with pumpkins is Butternut Squash, Pumpkin, and Golden Delicious Apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.

So Yummy!!!

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 4, 2013, 22:36

OMG I'm going to need pumpkins to come into season RIGHT NOW!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 05:32

Yeah, that was my dessert drink last year! Very good!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,