twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Starting First Juice Fast 5th Oct in UK.

Shinara
Juicer
Starting First Juice Fast 5th Oct in UK.
on: October 4, 2013, 21:23

Hi, I'm in the UK, and I'm planning on starting my first juice fast in the morning 5th Oct. I thought it was best to start on a weekend, so I can work out what I'm doing and so I'm not at work for the first 2 days (incase of any side effects).

I'm hoping to kick start my weight loss, I've lost weight before but I'm struggling to get motivated again, and if I can see the weight start to fall off, I know from experience that I can then get motivated. I'm planning on a 7 day fast, maybe moving it to 10 days if I feel I need to loose a bit more before I'm ready for my diet. I'll keep juicing probably once a day on my diet, and I'll be on a calorie controlled diet (this has worked for me in the past).

I hope that everything goes well, and I'll let you know.

Shinara
Juicer
Re: Starting First Juice Fast 5th Oct in UK.
on: October 5, 2013, 13:39

I've had 2 juices today and no food. Felt a bit sick earlier, but seem to be better now. I'll have to keep experimenting as I am struggling to drink it all. Any suggestions to make them easier to drink?

First one had:
Cucumber
Celery
Radish
Apple
Spinach
Carrot

Just had:
Tomato
Spinach
Apple
Carrot
Radish
Lime

andy4879
on: October 5, 2013, 16:31

congrats on your start shinara,

i am on day 55 and i have lost 40 pounds and feel great on many levels. you will see the weight come off quicker than you think if you do a true juice fast but you will lose weight by juicing and eating fresh fruits and vegetables. if you need any help, there are great people to help you along the way including me.

take care and take it day by day.

sincerely,
andy

Shinara
Juicer
on: October 6, 2013, 15:12

Thanks for your comments Andy,

On the second day, find that the first one in the morning makes me feel a bit sick, but other than that, it seems to be going well. Tomorrow is the test as I am back at work, and that's always when I tend to snack. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

andy4879
on: October 6, 2013, 16:31

hello shinara,

just remember that you only have to drink when your stomach tells you it needs nutrients(hungry) so don't drink 16-20 ounces if you don't feel like it. sometimes i only drink 10 and i had enough and later i drank the rest of that juice. the first week is the hardest but just know that for a FACT that the outcome of this will be worth it! you can tell people what you did and say it without having surgery or amphetamine diet pills but naturally! juicing is a big accomplishment for anyone that does it whether they are health or not. when you feel sick, your body is just withdrawing from the food you used to eat and the coffee,alcohol, or whatever you had in your body so the sick feeling is a good sign!

if you want to snack on something, have some gum or a hard mainly sugar free candy but i myself stopped chewing sugar free gum because it has bad stuff in it so i now chew gum with 5 calories in each piece and it makes me think i am eating something and don't forget, drinking hot liquids fill you up. you can have DECAFFEINATED tea and coffee hot or cold using stevia and if you don't have that, sweet n low but stevia is pure raw sugar that has no real calories or preservatives. i don't know if you guys have that in the u.k.

i am always here if you need help and you will do great tomorrow!

sincerely,
andy

Shinara
Juicer
on: October 8, 2013, 10:20

Ok, so no sickness yesterday or today.

Did find that I was graving stronger flavors. So I admit to putting a small bit of BBQ Sauce on my finger and it was delicious.

I've found that if I drink the Vegetable juice first with a small amount of lemon or lime, then the small bit of fruit juice afterwards. It doesn't leave that bad taste in my mouth.

Down 3.5kgs (7.7lbs) Since starting on Saturday (weighed myself this morning).

JoeWee
Juicer
JoeWee
on: October 8, 2013, 10:43

BBQ sauce. WTF? Being on the Juice for 7 days straight, no fruits, nothing, BBQ sauce sounds pretty gross right about now...
But whatever works for you :)
Good luck and hang in there...

andy4879
on: October 8, 2013, 15:25

i have actually had blow pops with the gum in them and that is a no-no.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: October 8, 2013, 15:41

We all have temptations at one point or another while juice fasting. Just remember that if you give in once it will be much harder to not give in the next time. Or, it could be the opposite and be a real motivator to stick with the fast.

At least you didn't have a huge plate of stuff drenched in the BBQ sauce! My first meal after coming off the fast was some fresh garden salsa and guacamole. The flavors were immense!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Shinara
Juicer
on: October 9, 2013, 08:47

Thanks for all your support, it means a lot to me.

I'm planning to stay strong, and I think that I will extend it to 10 days maybe......

andy4879
on: October 9, 2013, 14:48

if you need us, we are here. take care,andy

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 9, 2013, 19:23

Donnie,

Do you make your own garden salsa and guacamole? Would you mind share your recipe.

Shinara
Juicer
on: October 10, 2013, 21:06

Ok, so last day tomorrow. Looking forward to chewing something. I'll be on a calorie controlled diet and then I think I'll do another 7 day fast in about 6 weeks.

Thanks for the support. Hopefully we can get more UK people on here.

Shinara
Juicer
on: October 12, 2013, 10:19

Thanks to everyone who helped me this week, just to let you know I've lost a total of 5 kgs (11 lbs) and I've had to search the house for a belt as I can take my jeans off without undoing the button :-)

I must say that my cup of tea this morning tasted great, tried to go without sugar but couldn't do that, so I only put 1 in (down from 3).

On fruit and veg for the next 2 days and sticking to a calorie controlled diet with a a lot of cycling for the next 6 weeks then I'll do another 7 day fast.

Speak to you all then.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,