twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Starting 14 day Juice Fast today 6/14

TiredMama
Juicer
Re: Starting 14 day Juice Fast today 6/14
on: June 20, 2013, 17:01

I am happy to report that I successfully completed day 1 and am off to a good start today. I didn't have a headache at all (unlike last week) and felt pretty good by the end of the day. I find that I can't drink more than about 12 ouncss of juice at a time so I am having smaller amounts more frequently and ended up taking in about 64 oz for the day, with 2 littes of water. And two cups of green tea in the morning. I am excited because getting through the first day was a big mental hurdle for me.

TiredMama
Juicer
on: June 20, 2013, 17:09

I have a question. Is watermelon okay to juice? I really don't like the veggie heavy juices first thing in the morning so today I did wheatgrass, romaine, strawberries and watermelon. It is delicious but I wonder if it is okay? TIA

TiredMama
Juicer
on: June 22, 2013, 19:26

Well, I am half way through day 4 and going strong. Anyone else still around? Cici..you ok?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: June 23, 2013, 18:18

Yes, watermelon is okay to juice. I hear you with the veggie heavy juices in the morning. I found adding a handful of grapes to just about any recipe hides a lot of the veggie flavors. Try watermelon though and let me know how it turns out TiredMama!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

TiredMama
Juicer
on: June 23, 2013, 18:55

Watermelon is delicious in juice! Add some strawberries, celery, and spinach, romaine or kale and it is a pretty yummy way to start your day. It has tons of water in it so it really adds to the volume of your juice. Enjoy!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: June 23, 2013, 21:19

I'll have to juice it more often, it is very delicious and adds plenty of juice.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

irene
irene
on: June 24, 2013, 07:14

Tiredmama, Congrats on your 6th Day of Juice fast, i presume ur still fasting. I am still around.......and i think will still be around for few more days.....Lets keep Juicing..

Cheers

TiredMama
Juicer
on: June 25, 2013, 19:34

Yup, I am still fasting. Today is day 7. Tomorrow I will weigh myself and then reassess. I will probably got for at least another week or two or three! I don't have the energy burst yet, though. But I am still recovering from surgery so that may be part of it.

irene
irene
on: June 26, 2013, 06:55

TiredMama, good to know your still fasting....Well the secret is to listen to your body the moment you hear your body saying NO then stop....but otherwise keep juicing. I am on day 15 and am half way to my 30 days of Juice fast...Plz share your weight loss info

Lets keep juicing

mannyg
Juicer
on: June 26, 2013, 14:58

Congrats TiredMama on getting through your first week!

I just wanted to post an update, yesterday I completed my 14 day juice fast. I dropped a total of 15 lbs and feeling great! This morning I started off with the usual lemon water and a green juice for breakfast. Haven't had solids yet, will have a salad this afternoon for lunch. I'm planning on continuing to juice for breakfast and for dinner while I introduce solids during lunch for about a week.

This was my first time juicing let alone doing a juice fast and all the info on this site made it super easy.

Good luck everyone on your fasts. I will most likely join some of you on a shorter fast next month.

TiredMama
Juicer
on: June 26, 2013, 15:40

Congrats Irene and mannyg on your success! Good luck with the transition to solids, mannyg. I have completed 7 days successfully and have lost 6 lbs, one inch around my waist and I had to do up my bra yesterday and today on the next tightest notch! I am definitely continuing for another 7, at least, but now I know I can do it. I am getting a bit sick of all the juice, I have to say, but I am always trying new recipes so it doesn't get too boring. I am also a bit tired of making juice and cleaning my juicer, and maybe that it party because that is on top of making meals and cleaning up dishes for my family. Will have to start making them easier things. But I am sticking with it! Have a great day, everyone.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: June 26, 2013, 17:33

Mannyg, congrats on 15 pounds! That's awesome! You did very well and I hope you continue to incorporate juicing into your lifestyle. Keep me posted on how things go when you start eating solids again.

TiredMama, Try making a juice or two ahead of time if you can. It will lessen the cleaning and juicing time. Don't get discouraged. Just think about hitting your goal for now. Don't let any negative thoughts come between you and your goals for juicing and health.

TiredMama
Juicer
on: June 26, 2013, 21:51

Thanks for the encouragement, JOJ, but don't worry, I am in it until I reach of my goal of 20 lbs. I feel fantastic today!! I was starting to wonder why I wasn't getting the energy rush people were talking about but I guess it just took a few extra days for me. Day 8 and going strong!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: June 27, 2013, 00:45

Awesome, glad you finally got that energy! Congrats on 8 days, keep going strong!

irene
irene
on: June 27, 2013, 06:59

TiredMama, Congrats on your 6lbs weight loss and 7 days of Juice Fast..........Keep Going strong and you will meet your 20lbs Goal....

Mannyg, Congrats on completion of your 14days juice fast as well as the weight loss....that's the way to go, there's nothing good as making an effort on something and seeing a positive result....

Cheers..

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,