twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Sept 4th-- Beginning my Juicing Journey today!! :D

KiwiCC
Juicer
Sept 4th-- Beginning my Juicing Journey today!! :D
on: September 4, 2013, 19:55

Hello! I am a 29 year old girl in the military and I have a goal of dropping from 160 to 135.

I'm hoping I'll reach my goal by the beginning of November but I'm not going to give myself a time limit. I plan on just listening to my body to decide when it's ready to transition back to solids. ( I wouldn't mind being at 145. it's healthy with a little "extra". haha)

I started today with a mix of Spinach, Carrots, Celery and an apple. So far so good!

Hopefully i will be able to succesfully get through the detox portion without caving! :)

Brian S
Juicer
Re: Beginning my Juicing Journey today!! :D
on: September 4, 2013, 21:57

Good luck!

KiwiCC
Juicer
Re: Sept 4th-- Beginning my Juicing Journey today!! :D
on: September 5, 2013, 12:42

Thanks, BrianS! :)

I had tried this juicing goal last week but i always caved under pressure when it came to cravings for solids (especially chocolate! And.. just my luck... there is an office with a bowl full of free assorted chocolates! D:

I'm proud to report that I have successfully triumped over Day 1! I am really starting to feel the detox (lack of energy and an overall queezy feeling) so I just did a brisk walk outdoors. It was actually very refreshing!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 5, 2013, 16:10

Congrats on day 1 Kiwi! Getting past that fist day is a big accomplishment. Try to get as much rest as possible. It will let your body recover during the detox phase. Good job on avoiding the chocolates! Those can be very tempting but stay away from them. You're going to do absolutely wonderful on your fast Kiwi. Keep us posted and know that I'm here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 17:11

Thank you very much JustOnJuice!! you are great at enpowering people! and I know I'm going to need to call upon that!

Today is going great. I'm experiancing cravings, but they aren't over bearing. I was feeling rather icky this morning but i'm feeling pretty good this afternoon!

Do you do anything to help you stay on the straight and narrow of Juicing? I was listening to a science podcast and they were talking about a woman who had an addiction to cigarettes. She was able to quite cold turkey by promising her friend (a fellow human rights activist) that she would give the KKK $1,000 if she picked up another cigarette. And this method worked very well for her. Associating something you like with another thing you absolutely detest helps you to avoid it... even if you reaaaallly want it (like chocolate). So I plan on doing something along these lines to reinforce my mental determination.

I'm going to a slumber party tomorrow evening, complete with pizza, drinks and Lord knows what else.... 😮

I'm going to be strong! I will take mason jars of juice with me in a little backpack and store them in the fridge. GO JUICE!!!!!

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 6, 2013, 16:56

Day 3!!!!!!! \(^o^)/

So far so good. Last night my tummy was experiancing some discomfort, but I drank some water and it went away after a while.

Yesterday I spent time printing out some recipes from this website! It took quite a bit of time... but I planned out juices for at least 3 days and then counted up how many veggies and fruits I will need. I'm really excited to try 2 soups this weekend! 😀 Something nice and warm will be perfect for dinner!

So today I face the SLUMBER PARTY... dun dun duuuuun. I think i will make yet another Banana pie (had it for breakfast... simply amazing!)... just so I'm not tempted (typically... I like to juice mainly veggies since I'm doing this to lose weight... but today will be an exception)
Wish me luck! =D

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 6, 2013, 23:59

Kiwi, I've never had trouble staying on the fast. It's always been once I commit to it, I just do it. A lot of that comes into play before I even start. Once you set your mind to it and tell yourself your going to do it, it's easy to follow through instead of disappointing yourself.

Let me know how the soups turn out. I've had many good experiences with turning a juice into a soup. Good luck at the slumber party. Have a lot of fun!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 8, 2013, 20:21

JustOnJuice, Just like you said... it was easy to stick to my Juice Fast!!! I took my juice to the slumber party and had no problem saying no to those delicious looking slices of Pizza! I had come to the conclusion that I have invested too much time and effort into this health fast to let it all go over cheese and pasta sauce weakness... haha!

I have to say that the Banana Pie is still my all time favorite! I just juice it and pour it over tons of ice and it's MAGICAL! I've had it just about every day now.. haha. I keep trying to try other juice recipes but my taste buds are craving that particular one for now!

I decided to substitute the half apple for a half banana in my Green Juice and it was delicious. A nice mild taste when I'm craving something more subtle than sweet.

So I made the soup yesterday and it didn't turn out very well. I think I may have put too much onion in there... and maybe too much garlic again. I got very nauseous so i drank a lot of water and then a Green juice. it helped my stomach to settle. It might have been the tomato was too acidic? I'm not certain. I've had tomato soups before and it's usually just fine! I will re-attempt the soup... but not for a while. haha.. i think i was a little traumatized. I'll be sticking to cold juices for a while before I reattempt! =D

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 9, 2013, 17:50

Congrats on sticking it through Kiwi! I'm glad you are doing well. The weight will soon fly off and you'll be feeling fantastic!

I agree, that Banana Pie juice is really really good! I'm glad you enjoy it!

Don't let the soups get you down. Try them again in moderation. There's a post in the recipes section of the forum with some good recipes to try. Start there and see how things go. Leave out the onion and garlic and try it that way. Feel free to add some pepper and a little hot sauce to spice it up a bit. Enjoy!

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 11, 2013, 17:16

So I'm on day 7 and going strong! 😀

I have been dealing with some real intense craving lately.. which i guess is odd for day 7. I hardly got cravings in the first few days. But I've been able to stick to my juice fast despite my desire for Chipotle. LOL

I have a question. The juicer I use does produce a little bit of pulp. Is this making the fasting aspect of my diet pointless since my digestive system is more than likely being activated?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 11, 2013, 18:09

Kiwi, you may look into straining the juice through a fine sieve or cheesecloth if you are getting too much pulp. A small amount wont hurt but if you are having regular hard bowel movements at day 7 then you are having too much and should strain the pulp out of the juice.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,