twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Day 1 of our first ever fast Aug 6 2013..come join in

colin-fiona
Juicer
Day 1 of our first ever fast Aug 6 2013..come join in
on: August 6, 2013, 16:55

after planning our fast for what feels like forever we finally took the plunge this morning and got on the juice. both myself and my partner fiona intend on completing a 7 day fast to start off with although honestly i think 7 more hours might be more like it (well for the her anyway). We have had 3 juices each so far today some good and some not so good and to make the lack of food more difficult is we have a 2yr old little girl who we still have to prepare meals for (i never realised how tasty childrens meals look until now).

so far we have tried the:

jolt juice (both of us last night just to put the juicer to the test) - tasted ok and easliy drinkable

banana pie juice (both of us for breakfast) - fiona used blueberries and raspberries instead of mango
i used just blueberries and we both agreed mine tasted
better.
we now have mango and pineapple so will probably try it
again tomorrow.....

morning glory (fiona for lunch) - she loved it , i had a little taste and i must agree very nice sweet
juice which she didnt really want to share so must have been real
good.

Sunset Passion (colin for lunch) - honestly i found nothing passionate about this juice it is
drinkable although not very tasty which i think is the reason
fiona was selfish with her morning glory. well what goes around
comes around and the next time i have morning glory shes not gettin
the benefit of it !!!!!!

Green machine (both for dinner) - we added basil to this juice which gave it some more flavour i also
added some pepper and a drop of spicy sauce to give it some kick
tasted ok maybe not so much kick next time. we dont put ginger into
any of our juices as i cant stand it.

Anyway thats where we are upto so far 1 more juice later then the fist day is over fiona dying for a piece of toast i feel ok so far just gotta keep pushin on and get through these first couple of tough days. fiona says she got a headache but that probably lack of coffee which would be nice but we have some in a week or so.

thanks for reading col & fi

ps any nice juice recipes welcome :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Our fast begins today 6/8/2013
on: August 6, 2013, 17:35

Excellent write up Colin! Try the Banana Boost Recipe next. It's unique and has an awesome taste to it. You two are off to an amazing start and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your fast. Tell Fiona it's okay to take tylenol or ibuprofen for the headaches. Caffeine headaches are the worst!

Keep me posted. I'm here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

colin-fiona
Juicer
Re: Day 1 of our first ever fast Aug 6 2013..come join in
on: August 6, 2013, 21:32

well thats it first day over i've been ok today not felt to bad maybe a little lathargic but all in all not to bad fiona has struggled massively today with headaches and shes been feeling a little sickly with the idea of another juice. so tonight we experimented making our own juice which we called:

Get Up And GO Juice

1/4 of a small pineapple
1/2 mango
1 apple
1/2 cucumber

this turned out quite tasty to drink obviously mainly fruit but quick and easy to make ideal for breakfast hence the name !
also it was a thicker consistancy which i think would help fill you a little better in the morning.

well like i said Day 1 done we have both had 4 juices each so not a bad start bring on tomorrow. try my juice let us know what you think

col & fi

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 6, 2013, 23:02

Sounds like y'all had a great day. I'm going shopping tomorrow. Gonna buy some bananas!!!! Need something new. Everything is starting to taste the same! Your juice sounds delicious! I use a lot of pineapple and mango. Bout went through my green apples too.

I have to have at least 3 juices (i use really big cups) but 4 is starting to look like what I need. I had to take medicine for headaches for the first few days so I feel Fiona's pain. But after getting through those few days I've had no cravings for soda (which is surprising and amazing as I was a mountain dew junkie).

Y'all keep it up. It sounds like y'all got a great start. :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 07:05

Colin, I had everything to make your Get up And GO Juice. It's a great tasting juice even though I had it late in the afternoon. I used Golden Delicious Apples as I am just about out of Granny Smiths. Very delicious and I'm going to see about adding a few greens and adjusting some quantities to keep the taste with the added greens. Thanks for posting it! It's great that you and Fiona are experimenting and coming up with your own juices. It really helps to keep it interesting! Great job!!!

Ticking, After a while everything will start to taste the same, that's why it's so great when I come across a post like Colin's that offers something out of what I normally have. Experiment and try new things, it will really open the doors for you to develop better tasting juices.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

colin-fiona
Juicer
on: August 7, 2013, 10:08

ticking thanks for the comment we tried banana but our juicer didnt get much juice from it so only a hint of taste really ive just posted a new feed for our day 2 and we changed the morning glory juice this morning very tasty and fresh to drink. im also a bit of a soda junkie coke and pepsi being my main downfalls but not really had any cravings so far

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 19:48

Yeah, you don't get much from the bananas, but the little you do get can really add to a juice. If you want something that comes close to a soda try this out:

2 oranges
1 carrot

It tastes like a carbonated orange soda! Enjoy!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,