twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Day 1 of a 7 day First Time juice fast :)

madfev
Juicer
Day 1 of a 7 day First Time juice fast :)
on: August 2, 2013, 13:17

Hi Folks :) I downloaded the shopping list & recipes & dug my juicer out from the back of the cabinet (where it lived with the ice cream maker, bread maker & other gadgets that I couldn't life without!). Had a 21st birthday celebration to get out of the way yesterday - not mine, ha! So, today was the start! I'm a pretty healthy eater anyway, I'd like to think. Sure, I'd love to shift the stubborn pounds that are sneaking up on my 48 year old waistline, but it's more for a cleanse that I'm going for it. The Morning Glory juice this morning was lovely! Due to my shift patterns at work, I'll have to pre-juice and pack 2 meals at a time. Looking forward to the Mean Green and the Sunset Passion later. I really want to keep this up for the full 7 days.
Anyone else just started? It'd be nice to have a fast- buddy!
Best wishes to everyone that's going for it! x 😀

GetOffMe
Juicer
Re: Day 1 of a 7 day First Time juice fast :)
on: August 2, 2013, 19:59

I'm starting tomorrow, August 2nd. I'll follow you and we can keep each other motivated! You can do it!!

madfev
Juicer
on: August 2, 2013, 20:57

Thanks! And good luck to you too! I'm just finishing off my dinner - 'Sunset Passion'. Very tasty! I've not felt hungry all day, but made sure I drank plenty of water also, especially as it's rather warm here today. Looked through more of the recipes & I'm looking forward to trying some out.
Have you done your shopping trip yet? I got some odd looks with my basket full of cucumbers, I tell you! I found the shopping list really helpful.
Best of luck with your day 1 :) - you can do it too!!

GetOffMe
Juicer
on: August 2, 2013, 23:47

I just finished shopping and the looks I got were hilarious. A little boy said "Mommy she's taking all the apples." I think I'll do week 2 just so I can do the shopping again. :) And I guess you noticed I meant to put August 3rd, not the 2nd. Congratulations on completing day 1!!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 03:57

It is funny, I've gotten a lot of weird looks from people and especially from the cashiers at the checkout line, but I've never been accused of taking all the apples! That's hilarious!

Congrats on starting GetOFfMe and Madfev! I'll check back tomorrow and see how things are going.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

madfev
Juicer
on: August 3, 2013, 10:26

Hi GetOffMe & Hi Donnie! Well, it's Day 2 in Jolly Old England :) Breakfast done, and I've chopped veg ready for lunch & dinner. I'll be working a 24hour shift starting at 5pm, so will have to pre-juice 3 meals.
I must admit, I was so keen to get going that I've made do with the little juicer from the back of cupboard, but it really isn't up to the task for serious juicing. It definitely makes a difference. My pulp is quite wet still, and I feel that I'm 1) missing out on good stuff and 2) wasting valuable food! So, next payday will see the arrival of a new juicer. We have one on the market here called a 'Sage', endorsed by the chef Heston Blumenthal. It's a 1200w one - that's gotta get every last drop out of the produce! I've even seen some on Ebay for quite a bit less than RRP - generally from folks who didn't stick with the juicing past day 2 :(
Oh, and another thing... this is REALLY cleansing my insides! I mean, now how do we put this politely?... Nobody has mentioned this aspect that I've seen, but... shall we just say, it's a good idea to know where the restrooms are!!!
So, GetOffMe, today will be your Day 1 :) I hope you enjoy it. Are you using the recipes from the 7 day plan? I'm starting with them, and will see about using some of the others later on. There are some great ideas on here from people - it seems a very friendly forum :)
Well, off to do some chores with this extra energy I seem to have today!
Stay Positive!!! x

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 18:19

Mad, I haven't heard of that juicer but I'll have to look into it. 1200 Watts is a lot so let's hope it works really well. Yes, it's a great idea to know where the restrooms are haha!!!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

GetOffMe
Juicer
on: August 4, 2013, 04:44

So I'm sad to say that Day 1 was not a successful 1. :( I was doing great. I bypassed BBQ at a picnic, restaurant food offered from friends, and snacking. At the end of the day, I found myself tired of the taste of the juice. I hate ginger and all of my juices tasted like cucumber. So let me fess up.... I ate one of the microwaveable, healthy choice meals for dinner. I tried my juice, but I don't know. :( Tomorrow I'm trying again. Yes, I'm using the 7 day recipes, but I'm going shopping for some other things in the morning. I really should've started on Monday; it's too much time and temptation on the weekend. Madfev, I'm so happy you're doing well. By the time you see this, it'll probably be Day 3, so stay with it. I really think you can do this. Don't lose sight of your goals.

madfev
Juicer
on: August 4, 2013, 08:22

Hi GetOffMe :)
Don't beat yourself up there! I think weekends are a tough time to start things - especially in the summer when there's so much going on. You did great to pass on all the other stuff offered to you, so you did show great willpower there :) Give it another go, and maybe today just do a couple of juices so you're still getting into it. Besides that, you've got a whole load of apples & cucumbers to get through! I made the Bruschetta Tang juice yesterday for lunch - I think there may be ingredients missing off the list as it was very small do I added a cucumber, but it didn't taste if it. It is definitelyy favourite savoury one thus far. I like the garlic in it :) Very pizza reminiscent! Might be one to try for the different taste.
And Danny, after looking a bit deeper, the Sage is the same as the Breville one out there, just a different name but made by them. Looking promising :)
Day 3 has begun - hot water & lemon done, and just finishing breakfast juice. I'm still at work til 5pm on my 24 hour shift, so have lunch in the fridge all ready prepared. They just need a good shake up before drinking, but taste fine.
Hang in there, GetOffMe! Today is a new day :)

TikiPink
Juicer
TikiPink
on: August 4, 2013, 13:54

Monday 5th August will be my first ever juice fast! I'm so glad to see that there are a few others on here just getting started. Ill check back in tomorrow. I haven't eased into this instead i polished off left over homemade gnocchi with tuscan ragu sauce. I would have preferred to have had a light day however that wasn't to be as we had visitors for the weekend and we live in wine and cheese country. Margaret River, West Australia. sigh!!! We are also know for sharing our home grown veggies so tomorrow i'm off to pick some kale & other greens from a local gal. I'll combine it with my garden fresh celery and shop purchased apples and other bits. I have 3 large platters of lemon, lime, oranges & grapefuit on my kitchen bench and instead of making cumquat jam and lemon sour cakes I'm going to put them to good use and juice them too!!! sorry for the raving on...... I'm a bit excited to see how i go. All the best for your day today everyone :)

madfev
Juicer
on: August 4, 2013, 19:58

Hi TikiPink! Good on you for just going for it! I'm just coming to the end of day 3 and that gnocchi is sounding good lol! Seriously, I'm feeling pretty good. Today was the first day that I actually felt a bit hungry, but I was due to have my dinner and a telephone call with Mum prevented me from juicing right away. I prepped my produce while chatting do that I could get it gone right after! Sounds like you're prepared :) Hope it goes well for you. I'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow - I definitely feel a weight difference.
How long are you planning to go for? I'd like to stick to my 7 day goal for this time around & see where things are after that.
All the best with day 1 - it must be that now for you down in Oz already! :)

tickingcounte-
rparts
Juice Expert
on: August 4, 2013, 22:54

GetOffMe - if you don't like ginger don't use it! Find a substitute. If you don't like cucumbers try zucchini. I didn't like cucumber so I reduced the amount of cucumber to half a cucumber rather than whole which made it a whole lot more tolerable. Check out the substitution list and don't beat yourself up. You tried. Just eep trying. :)

I'm finishing up day 7 here. Not sure how long I'm going for honestly. I never set a certain day. I idealy would love to go 60 days (who wouldn't?) but is that possible for me? I don't know. We will see though. :)
Was a very hard day (I posted about it) but I made it through my ravenous "OMG I MUST CHEAT" mood. Thank goodness. Weekends are harder because my husband is home. I don't know what it is about him being home but it throws my WHOLE schedule off!

Good luck to everyone and their fasts. You can all do it :) Madfev sounds like it's going well with ya!

GetOffMe
Juicer
on: August 5, 2013, 17:28

Hi TikiPink. Congratulations and good luck. It sounds like you will be making some really tasty juice! Thanks for the support Madfev and Tickingcounterparts. Zucchini! I hadn't thought of that. I must try it promptly. I live in Chicago, Illinois (USA) and there is just so much going on every weekend during the summer here. But guess what guys!!! I'm back on the wagon. I'm not giving up and I really appreciate the support. The winter are going to be so much easier for me. I'm looking forward to a before and after Thanksgiving fast. Also, Madfev, I'm so proud of you. You are really sticking it out!!!! Yay you! :)

GetOffMe
Juicer
on: August 6, 2013, 18:13

Today is going pretty well. I just juiced. Now I have to attend a social event for work. I'm sure there will be temptation, so I juiced appropriately. Wish me luck! Madfev, how are things going?

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,