twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: 5 day Juice Fast Starting 22/07 - I am a first timer

MissVRCarver
Juicer
5 day Juice Fast Starting 22/07 - I am a first timer
on: July 18, 2013, 12:24

Hi there I am doing a 5 day juice fast starting on Monday 22nd of July.

I am an athlete and I want to do a 5 day cleanse before I begin a new training regime.

I am doing to juice fast to cleanse and to start my new regime energised and healthy.

This is my first juice fast. However due to the nature for my sport I am very familiar with going on diets and shedding weight.

A juice fast seems like a healthy way to give your body a break and recuperate.

Is anyone else starting a fast on Monday, it would be great to share my experiences with someone.

:-)

Victoria

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: 5 day Juice Fast Starting 22/07 - I am a first timer
on: July 18, 2013, 20:50

MissVRCarver, I'll still be juicing Monday so I'll juice with you! Keep me posted and if you have any questions just let me know.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

txmom
Juicer
on: July 20, 2013, 07:17

Hi! I am starting Monday as well. It will be my first time. I have been intrigued ever since watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I'm hoping to go for 7 days at least and maybe longer. My juicer will be here from Amazon tomorrow and Sunday I will go shopping and start prepping.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 20, 2013, 08:10

Hi TXMom and welcome to JOJ. Congrats on starting your juice fast Monday. I'll be here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

MissVRCarver
Juicer
on: July 20, 2013, 09:19

Thanks for writing back.

I am going to do a 5 day to start with as I want to make sure I get past the headaches phase to feel the benefits.

I would like to do 7 days but I have a 80km bike ride on day 7 which I think i should be properly fueld for

V

daniellem89
Juicer
on: July 20, 2013, 17:55

Hey all I'm also starting on the 22nd! Looking forward to it!! Should be exciting!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 20, 2013, 20:20

MissVR, include juice in your diet after the 5 days. Add meals and juice during day 6 and 7 so you'll have plenty of fuel for your bike ride.

Danielle, it will great to have you juicing with us on the 22nd. I'll be here if you have any questions.

MissVRCarver
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 09:41

Good morning everyone,

Day 1 and I am excited

I have had my first juice of the day with 30g's of soya protein powder blended in.

I am on quite a tight budget so I am not following the recipes just juicing a variety of what was cheap at the supermarket.

How much liquid should each juice be I had 16oz this morning is that about right?

How is everyone else doing?

V

miri
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 15:43

Good Morning everyone!

My boyfriend and I were meant to do the 3 day cleanse last week, but didn't finish since we were going out for vacation during the weekend and figured we weren't going to take it easy with the solids once we could eat.

So here we go again, even more determined!
This is our day 1 of 3 .. we'll see if we keep going for the 5 days ..

Let's do this!!

Fabulous Me
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 18:17

Day 1 for me :) Shooting for 5-6 days....hope I can do this

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 22, 2013, 20:09

V, it's okay to experiment and come up with your own recipes. I encourage that as it helps to make the juices more personalized. 16-20 ounces is about how much each juice should be so you're right on.

Miri, congrats on your fast, and I hope you had fun vacation! Keep us posted on your fast.

Fab, welcome to JOJ and congrats on starting your fast! You can do this and I'm always here if you have questions.

txmom
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 22:23

The first 2 juices I made today were pretty good. The 3rd one was just disgusting to me and I couldn't even make myself drink it. It was the mean green. I think I don't like it because I'm not a fan of raw celery. Maybe I will try it again but with less celery? What can I sub in recipes that call for celery? I'm struggling right now.

MissVRCarver
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 22:47

What about cucumber, its got a really nice fresh taste and you get quite a lot of juice out of each one

v

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 23, 2013, 00:13

Replace the celery with any other veggie you feel like. Use your imagination and have fun experimenting.

miri
Juicer
on: July 23, 2013, 14:58

Day 2!

Other than the light headache I woke up with, i'm feeling fine

I replaced one handful of spinach for one cactus (nopal) in a couple of my juices and it tastes pretty good!
We use nopal a LOT in mexico and i've read in many places that it has many healthy properties so figured it wouldn't hurt 😉

Our mexican version of the green juice is actually celery, orange, pineapple, parsley, and cactus .. highly recommended!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 23, 2013, 19:45

Miri, congrats on day 2! Keep in mind that Nopal has less than half the amount of protein that spinach does. While it is healthy, you may want to add some spinach to ensure you get a good amount of protein. I've juiced prickly pear before and I love the sweetness. I'll have to try the Mexican version of the green juice! Thanks Miri!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,