twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: 3 Day Starting August 18th, Anyone Else?

MW
Juicer
3 Day Starting August 18th, Anyone Else?
on: August 17, 2013, 22:18

Well, hubby & I finally made it to the farmers' market and have stocked up on a lot of produce. I hope it's enough, but then there's always Krogers... 😉

So we're starting a 3 day fast tomorrow. It seems like there's always something going on to trip us up on the 7 day plan, so we're starting out this way while the gettins' good. LOL

We've rinsed all of our produce and there were some nasty creatures in my kale, like a dead spider and some other unidentifiable objects, so it's been rinsed and soaked quite a bit. I have a question about whether or not people put in the stems from their kale? They are kind of hard.

Other than that I think we're ready with all of the recipes Donni has shared in here. I'll skim over the forums to see if anyone else has shared any other recipes. So far I don't have any of my own to share, but it probably will happen because we will be substituting a bit since my husband doesn't like vegetables! LOL How wonderful juicing is to take a plain veggie and camouflage it with sweet fruits! Anyway, I can't wait until tomorrow to see how it goes. 😀

If anyone cares to join us, please feel free! Hopefully we will still be stoked about this by the end of day three... 😉 Please wish us luck!

debbie8489
Juicer
Re: 3 Day Starting August 18th, Anyone Else?
on: August 17, 2013, 23:01

I am starting tomorrow!

I washed all my produce and bagged it all up according to "meal." I have enough for 4 days with some odds and ends left over.

Good luck! :)

MW
Juicer
on: August 18, 2013, 01:24

You've got it together more than I do... I've just got our recipes picked out and my 'substitution' list handy for what we couldn't find at the market. I'm sure we'll be going back to the store tomorrow already! LOL

Good luck to you to Debbie! :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 18, 2013, 02:50

MW, congrats on getting everything squared away for your juice fast. It sounds like you had some creepy kale there! As far as the stems, it's fine to run them through your juicer. I'm excited for you two! It's going to be great! Keep me posted.

Debbie, congrats on starting tomorrow also! Remember to rest, relax, and drink plenty of water!

Good luck to the both of you!!! I'm here if you have any questions!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 18, 2013, 12:56

Good morning everyone! I will jump on board with you today...thanks for starting the group MW. I will have my students arrive on Wednesday and think I need to make sure I have plenty of energy to welcome them. By Wednesday, I should be over detoxing...so here we go! We can do this...but it is great to have support! Have my vegetables and fruits, actually got ready last week but was so busy didn't get around to it..."You can if you think you can. As you think, so shall it be. Then think you can and you can indeed." Happy juicing!

MW
Juicer
on: August 18, 2013, 18:07

Thanks Donnie! Good for you corpusmae! Day 1: we made breakfast with the Mellow Mater Juice Recipe. I needed to substitute the basil with kale and the parsley with a cup of cantaloupe (which I thought would make it sweeter), leaving out the rosemary and I did not like the taste at all! I hope lunch will be better tasting (I'm thinking of going Jolt Juice).

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 18, 2013, 18:53

Well did alot of juicing this morning. Ready for the day...here's to another 30 days...that's my plan...did it before and I can do it again with the help of this great forum! I am stronger than I think ...that was my mantra last time...my hubby is more prepared this time to help me as we learned how to work through him eating last time and me not..time to drink...feel alittle hungry but know it's just cravings...hope all of you are staying strong! Carry on...

erecmc
Juicer
on: August 18, 2013, 20:35

I started today also. Never did this before. Im doing the seven day plan and hope it leads to 30 days. I put it in my mind that i can do anything for 7 days. The breakfast juice was tasted good to me. The lunch one i had not so good (Mean green). I wish i could drink the mourning ones all day.

MW
Juicer
on: August 18, 2013, 21:19

I'm ready to quit. We just made the Orange & Carrots, substituting the orange with watermelon (since I didn't have any oranges) and blackberries for the raspberries. I thought I'd like it with the watermelon, but there's just too much carrot flavor in it and I do not like it. I need more spinach recipes with fruit. I even added ice to this concoction but I do not like it. :(

MW
Juicer
on: August 18, 2013, 21:22

erecmc, what recipe did you use for the morning and why can't we drink the same juice all day if we like it?

erecmc
Juicer
on: August 18, 2013, 21:56

I did the morning glory. This seem to have a lot of fruit in it and i was not sure if it was okay to have all that fruit.

erecmc
Juicer
on: August 19, 2013, 01:10

Yeah thinking this is not for me either. I can still taste beets. blah
'

debbie8489
Juicer
on: August 19, 2013, 01:23

I made it. I think.
My breakfast drink was OK. Lunch was terrible-- beets and carrots (and other stuff). I really wanted to like it, the beets were beautiful! But I couldn't drink it. :/ I threw the 80/20 ratio out the window for dinner and threw 2 cukes, a handful of kale (which I don't get much juice out of?), a nectarine, apple, and grapes into the juicer and it was so good.

Here's to day 2 right around the corner....

debbie8489
Juicer
on: August 19, 2013, 01:25

My friends on Facebook told me to throw a lemon or lime into the drinks that taste like dirt. :D. They told me it will cover it right up.

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 19, 2013, 11:17

Good morning-Day 2- feel better already. Debbie and MW- don't overanalyze the drinks and recipes. If you like something- drink it...and as you get used to juicing you will start to develop different tastes...I just drink juice, sometimes more fruit than vegetables- and if I want to really lose weight then I make sure to have more vegetables, but either way I lose. I had remarkable health results the last 30 day juice I did...and I didn't do much more than vow to juice and show up everyday. Yes there will be some juices you really don't care for or that after awhile you can't stomach but just push through and you are going to see the results such as energy, clearer skin, a glow about you, wt. loss and vitality and clearer mind. I feel better already after just detoxing one day...and my stomach went down just in one day because I know it is all the toxins I collected eating different food that were not the best choice. You guys can make it, you are stronger than any vegetable flavor...go for it..." a clean mind always delivers power" and this comes from a clean, body...Here's to juicing...I will be around food today, but hey what do I want more? Sluggishness or Clarity? I choose clarity! Good Day!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 19, 2013, 16:15

Well said Corpusmae! What do I want more of? Sluggishness or Clarity? The choices we make every day in what we eat, do a lot more than just fill our stomachs.

Debbie, lemons are great to cover up most harsh veggie tastes. Besides using them to cover harsh flavors, lemons go great in any juice and really help to promote the cleansing aspect of the fast.

MW, you can have the same juices throughout your day. It's best to alternate and try different juices though so you can get a variety of nutrients from different sources.

Erecmc, the morning glory is a little fruit heavy but it's okay for a morning drink. Remember to do your best to stick to an 80/20 ratio of veggies and fruits in your juices throughout the day. If you are going to go a little heavier on the fruits, make sure you do so with your first juice of the day.

If you aren't too fond of a particular ingredient, then just substitute it with something else. Here's a substitution list I put together of stuff I've tried and used as substitutions. Enjoy!

http://www.justonjuice.com/juicing-substitution-list/

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 20, 2013, 01:27

Tired but the day is almost gone and still have some work to do...superlong and I am a little under the weather but still glad I am juicing. i know I would be more tired if I was eating unhealthy food. Tomorrow Day 3-woohoo!

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 20, 2013, 12:19

Good morning Day 3-"Do not let circumstances defeat you. You can if you think you can."Well here we go, have a slight headache today, think I am not drinking enough water but have a full day ahead. Dropped a pound this morning...looking forward to getting past detox but it is easier than last time...Hope you all are hanging in there...you can do it, if I can, anyone can...carpe dieum!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 20, 2013, 16:55

Congrats on day 3 Corpusmae! It's really amazing how juicing can change us. Anyone who's gone for over 7 days or more will agree.

It's always easier to juice if you've done it in the past. You know what to expect and you're ready for it. I'm always here if you have questions. Keep us posted on your status.

debbie8489
Juicer
on: August 20, 2013, 21:48

I will admit that I failed. I made it until 5:30 pm yesterday. So, about 36-ish hours. The lunch juice from yesterday did me in-- it was celery/cucumber/and I cannot remember what else.

I am not giving up, though. I am learning from this, and over the next few days I am going to mix up the rest of the juice bags I have prepped and figure out what i like/don't like for the next round.

MW
Juicer
on: August 21, 2013, 01:42

I've decided to just juice part-time with recipes that I find that I like. For the rest of the nutrients that I need, I will eat the veggies. If I take this approach, at least I'll have a better diet than I've had in the past, which is at least some improvement. I know, I'm a wimp.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 21, 2013, 15:44

Debbie, the best thing you can do is to learn from your mistakes and don't make them again. Just start fresh and figure out what you like and don't like in your juices. You can do it!

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 22, 2013, 11:09

Good morning Day 5- yesterday I welcomed 560 kids to my school...exhausting day and walked over 11,000 steps, needless to say my feet hurt when I got home. Have to get to work pretty early...but managed to make it through the day...did feel very tired and am stil recovering from being a little under the weather---good news is that my headaches are gone, guess I am pretty much detoxing, the day before yesterday was not fun. But hey here I am...so gotta finish getting dressed to head out. No one is a wimp as long as they keep trying. It is not always easy but definitely worth it, my leg are not hurting as much or my side.Stay strong, if you fall off, get back on...I know in the past if I thought I blew it, there it went till New year's day-yikes...never happened. I just get back on the path, one step at a time, one positive action at a time...Godspeed!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 22, 2013, 15:54

Stay strong, if you fall off, get back on!

No one is a wimp as long as they keep trying!

You hit it right on Corpusmae. As long as everyone has that same attitude it's impossible to fail. The hardest part is making the decision to change your habits and commit to a juice fast. Everything else is easy.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: August 23, 2013, 11:19

Day 6- Had a cold soup last night as I had an event...GM, woke up this morning to be able to easily put on a t-shirt that was tight two weeks ago. My wedding ring easily slips on my finger where last week my fingers were so swollen I had to place it under the cold water in the faucet to slip them on. I love juicing, yesterday walked 10,000 steps. On a roll..."As you develop and hold the thought that any adversity can actually be turned to your advantage, you then have an immense mental asset going for you." Have a great day!

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,