twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: 14 day fast starting 30th July

leomie
Juice Expert
Re: 14 day fast starting 30th July
on: August 8, 2013, 19:29

Skin is definitely very much improved already, energy levels still a bit low but I had an early night and this has been my easiest period in years. It is pretty easy going now, I seem to be throwing lemon and ginger in everything, give it all a zing. I'm also doing at least one with garlic a day, and drinking a tea with tumeric in the evening. Am rather looking forward to my hummus and vegetables, only 4 more days...!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 8, 2013, 23:25

Lemon and ginger go great in just about every juice. How close to your weight goal are you?

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 9, 2013, 22:18

Day 12. I have had a nice lie in this morning. I went to the osteopath for some cranial manipulation yesterday, car accident injuries maintenance left a bit too long. My head's quite sore but at least the skin is looking clear, the waistline is looking wonderful and the stomach feels easy and clear. These last few days are going to be fairly cruizey, osteopathy needs gentle care to work.
I have really taken to tomato soup/juice with all those hearty warmers you need in winter (even if it has been stunningly vitamin D inducing sunny). Beautiful day for a nice turmeric tea to easy any inflammation.
Am going to continue with juicing, little 3 day cleanses every few weeks would be a wonderful relief and help keep these gloriously sugar-free taste buds maintained!Thanks for all the support, has really helped me.

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 9, 2013, 22:22

Plus, in a non scientific measuring system (starting weight was in the evening after a big meal with wine, end weight was in the morning before juice) I am now 17pounds, or 8kgs lighter. Very visible improvement to the clothes I can wear and my skin so much clearer!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 9, 2013, 23:51

That's fantastic Leomie! You're showing great improvement so far. 17 pounds in 12 days! Congrats!

Those warm juices can really make it easier especially during the winter time. Post a few recipes along with pictures sometime.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 11, 2013, 09:08

My day is done,I went to the market at dawn for fresh veg and fruit supplies (with no need for the alarm clock!!!) and made multiple meals for the children and for Chris to take to work, as a family we have cleaned the whole house and dug in the compost, my final juice was drunk and now the children are in bed, the kittens are shredding the recycling pile and all is well in the world, even as the storm thunders outside. I have one more day left then I shall start to introduce some salads and so on. My, what a great sense of achievement. I may well keep on with the juicing for one meal a day, maybe, we'll see! I was wondering if I should add in a smoothie while coming onto solids (I am also craving my frozen Kiwi/ banana/ spirulina smoothie, yum yum!) Hope all of you are enjoying your days, it's been worth it!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 11, 2013, 19:52

As I was going to bed i looked at the cat bed AKA my "too skinny" trouser pile. Admittedly covered in fur but i tried a couple of trousers on and WOW! They fit. Even my favourite red ones! Admittedly not hanging from my hips but fitting neatly without tugging! Came through and did a little happy dance and Chris said "perhaps you should stay on it if it makes you this happy" And I am contemplating it, really so happy in this shape, clothes fit and I feel much more myself, my pre-pregnancy self!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 11, 2013, 20:18

Wow, it sounds like your day went off with a terrific start! Send some of that thunder this way. It's been nothing but blue and sunny out since I can remember. I'd love to have a nice storm!

Smoothies are a great way to help come off your fast. Add some into your day when you come off.

If your feeling fantastic and you still want to drop more weight then you should stay on your fast. Do what makes you happy Leomie and listen to your body. What does your body want to do?

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 14, 2013, 02:53

Well i tried solid foods, unscientifically as i munched ( really REALLY thoroughly) all the left over carrot and celery sticks from the girls lunch boxes with my super yummy garlic hummus, and that evening had some tomato puree (red sauce for pasta minus the pasta basically) and then had an AWFUL time, stomach cramps and woke up to feel the lot going around my intestines, literally. Horrible. So back onto juice for today and this evening i will have some smoothie and now see I really come off this fast slowly.
Any advice?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 16:21

Leomie, come off the fast naturally and with only raw fruits and veggies and you'll be fine. Leave everything else out. Just stick to raw fruits, raw veggies, water, and that's it. It's the same stuff you've been juicing and the same stuff your body is accustomed to having. So do that for a few days and then start adding in a protein. Thoroughly read through this guide: http://www.justonjuice.com/how-to-eat-after-a-fast/

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 14, 2013, 21:11

I have put my hummus away for now, had a lovely banana smoothie with lots of spinach and a pear, no problems. I thought the hummus would be ok, I was wrong! Had a really good peruse of your how to guide, and am taking it more seriously. Soups and smoothies for a few more days then maybe a salad!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 21:37

Good Call. Remember that it's okay to eat plain fruits and veggies too since you're body is already adjusted to them from your fast.

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 18, 2013, 10:34

I took coming off the fast easy and have eaten 3 meals today, so that was 6 days to 3 meals,and that seems to have worked well, went out for a slap up meal for a friends birthday last night and had delicious tuna on rocket salad, so pleased to have got on to solids for that. Today had my first grains - smoked fish with rice with veg (no sulphites, sugar or anything) and feeling incredibly full now! Going to have some tea and go to bed, my stomach has shrunk but am going to have a juice for breakfast tomorrow morning, missing my juice! Will probably have a 3 day juice week after next, will spot your next group fast for that! Thanks for your help!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 18, 2013, 17:40

Leomie, make sure you keep on the juice. It will still help in the weight loss process when you're on solids. You did very good! Congrats on your success!

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,