twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Sun Warrior

hoppy123
Juicer
Sun Warrior
on: July 12, 2013, 12:11

Hi My name is Steven and am new here . Great website with great info . Did a 45 juice fast last year with great results but hated the amount of muscle i lost . I am starting another one soon but was thinking of adding a protein powder to it called sun warrior . Suppose to be vegan with about 15 grams of protein Also protein give a more full feeling for longer . . Any negative to this or has any one done juicing with a protein powder ?

werner1950
Juice Expert
Re: Sun Warrior
on: July 12, 2013, 12:45

That's a good question and one of my concerns as well. They say you can get enough protein from the juices, but I haven't done the math myself to see firsthand.. any idea how to do that?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Sun Warrior
on: July 12, 2013, 14:05

Steven, congrats on doing a 45 day juice fast. Muscle loss can be an issue, especially if you have a really active lifestyle or workout. You can add protein if you need to but I would suggest making sure the protein you do add is a pure unflavored protein isolate instead of the typical protein powders that contain alternate ingredients that are not 100% protein.

Werner, you can do the math on some of the nutritional value websites. They should be able to give you a rough estimate on the amount of protein you are getting per ingredient. Just do the math and you'll see the amount of protein in your juices. You can add produce that contains more protein to your drinks such as broccoli, spinach, kale, and romaine lettuce.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,