twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Soups From Vegetables

Tybotica
Juicer
Soups From Vegetables
on: July 19, 2013, 14:31

Greetings All:

Day 1 of 30 days for me. Joint pain (knees) and fatigue got me here. I am not new to juicing, but have never done a long term juice fast. This time I’m in to win! My Cauliflower Bisque is delicious, but how much should I tweak it to make it fit this fast? If I had this to look forward to in the evenings, it would be GREAT! I wanted to share in order to help someone else along the way.
What a lovely, professional site. Such positive energy, great information and a very responsive HOST! Keep up the great work Donnie, you are a true blessing to us all!

Well here is that tasty recipe:

1 small cauliflower, cut into small chunks, about 20 ounces after trimming
1 small onion, diced or leeks, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped *

Any tweaks are appreciated.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Soups From Vegetables
on: July 19, 2013, 15:52

Tybotica, welcome to JOJ and congrats on starting your fast! Your Cauliflower Bisque sounds really delicious! In order to use it on the fast You would have to eliminate the butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, and salt. Everything would have to be in liquid form also. Here's what I would do:

Juice each ingredient individually and in a large enough quantity that you can blend one thing at a time until you get the taste you desire. Of course, you would have to find something to replace the broth. Get creative and try to add different veggies or use some veggie broth. Try it, and let me know how it turns out.

Thanks for the positive comment, I'm always here to help. If you have any questions just let me know.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,