twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Question on Making Green Juices

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
Question on Making Green Juices
on: September 17, 2013, 14:36

What makes a juice a "Green Juice"? Is it simply the color? Is it the ingredients? I notice when I see green juice recipes they usually include "granny smith apple" rather than simply say apple. Does this make a difference? I don't care for granny smith apples, so I use other apples.

I have been having fun creating my own juices, and when I start my next fast I want to be sure to include plenty of green juices...

Thanks a bunch!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Question on Making Green Juices
on: September 17, 2013, 16:07

It's a green juice when it has a majority of greens in it. A green juice will typically turn out green in color also. The reason you should use granny smith apples is because they have the least amount of sugar out of all the different types of apples. The less sugar you have in a juice, the faster you will lose weight.

I often use golden delicious apples in a few recipes also, but usually stick with the granny smith ones. Keep experimenting with your own creations. That's half the fun of it all!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Becky6158
Juice Expert
Becky6158
on: September 17, 2013, 20:01

As always... thank you so much for your help. That's very good to know. I've been getting my juices to be mostly greens... so I'm on my way! Is there any place to find out the sugar content in various fruits, such as pineapples, pears, apples (all varieties), etc? Thanks again!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 18, 2013, 16:38

I don't know of any one particular place off the top of my head but I know there are plenty of sites out there that offer that information. Let google do the work in finding it out for you.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,