twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: New here and with a question

minoothecat
Juice Expert
New here and with a question
on: October 9, 2013, 03:32

I started the 7 day fast and juicing yesterday!! My question is why there are no recipes with grapefruit? Should we just replace oranges with grapefruits?

Thank you for such wonderful site and good info.

andy4879
Re: New here and with a question
on: October 9, 2013, 15:14

you can use grapefruit but it has a lot of sugar in it and grapefruit can also mess with mental illness medication as i have first hand knowledge of that. they are fine to juice but are bitter to some people.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/tag/grapefruit/

those are grapefruit recipes. enjoy!

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 9, 2013, 15:25

Thanks for your reply Andy. I don't remember where but I read some place that grapefruit was omitted during juicing. I knew it interfere w the absorption of certain cholesterol meds but had no idea about the mental illness meds. I always thought about grapefruit as a diet type fruit.

andy4879
on: October 9, 2013, 15:45

check with your doctor first if you are on any meds before using grapefruit would be mu suggestion. let me know what they say.

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 9, 2013, 15:57

My mother is the one with cholesterol and I know for a fact that she has to avoid grapefruit. I like grapefruit and can eat it. But, I did read some where that grapefruit is specifically omitted on a juice fast or cleans. No idea why though.

How long can extra juice remain good to drink when fasting? Is over night ok in an air tight container.

andy4879
on: October 9, 2013, 16:09

if you keep juice overnight, it will lose have of it's nutrients which means you would have to drink double the amount to get full benefits. as soon as you juice, you need to drink it asap but if you do it in the morning for the day, you will be okay. i have never heard about grapefruit being omitted on juice plans. that website i gave you is from joe cross and he is a foremost authority on this.

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 9, 2013, 16:42

Thanks again Andy for your good info and yes I do worry that I might not drink enough juice. I am going by, if I feel like to drink then just drink it and if I don't then don't? I just don't want that my body go into the starvation mode and hold on to everything. That would defeat the purpose.

andy4879
on: October 9, 2013, 17:17

that is a good way of thinking. that is how i do it but at night around 8-9, i don't want to juice so i am kind of hungry but i wait until the morning.

i have found out that if you do not drink enough, you will gain weight. i was on weight watchers and when i did not eat all of my points, i gained weight or did not lose any at all. eating less does not mean losing more weight. i have found out that that is true for every diet,eating plan, or whatever and don't weigh yourself everyday! do it once a week or let your clothes tell your weight loss. take care,andy

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: October 15, 2013, 02:33

Grapefruit is great for a morning juice. I've used it a couple of times but don't rely on it as it's heavy in sugar.

You should always listen to your body when it comes time to juice. If you're hungry, then have a juice. If you're not hungry, then don't. Just keep in mind that when you don't get enough nutrients your body will tend to hold onto weight as opposed to losing it. So always have a juice when you are hungry. In some cases it may suit you to wait until the morning but it's all about listening to your body.

Andy has had some fantastic results on his fast. His willingness to share the knowledge he's gained is invaluable. Thanks Andy!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

andy4879
on: October 15, 2013, 13:36

thanks donnie, i owe it all to you!

minoothecat
Juice Expert
on: October 15, 2013, 20:19

I successfully completed my pledged of seven days. :-). I am now trying to add a solid food (same as the juice veg and fruit) and replace the dinner liquid. I did the juice not only for health benefits but also for discipline. I don't think it is a good idea to eat late at night especially if it is not your dinner. I think how much you lose is dependent on how much you are over weight.

Thanks for your post Donnie. 1) Was it difficult to lose the last 5 or so pounds?
2) Did you lose more than your goal and left room for gaining some back or account for water weight?
3) is the once in a while juice fasting for losing weight iwhen you gain a little?

andy4879
on: October 15, 2013, 21:01

GOOD FOR YOU! most people don't make it pas the first day. you have WILLPOWER!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,