twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Kale - availability/substitution UK.

raybaybaby
Juicer
Kale - availability/substitution UK.
on: October 4, 2013, 12:24

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to juice fasting, had a juicer for a number of years but up until now only used it for oranges...!

I'm in the UK and it's hard to get hold of Kale - we have a curly Kale but not quite in season. Is there anything else which I could substitute this with. We have spring greens in the UK which are cheap and readily available and also apparently genetically like Kale. Can I use these instead.

Just got all my shopping for the next few days of juicing. Today is day one and I'm hoping to drop about 30lbs to start with. I'm trying 14 days to start with and if I like it I'm hoping to do longer. I've been a vegetarian for over 20yrs so I'm not going to miss meat at all which is a bonus. Ditching the alcohol will be hard though. Hoping to feel so great I won't miss anything...!

Thanks for reading.
Rachel

andy4879
Re: Kale - availability/substitution UK.
on: October 4, 2013, 16:52

hello and welcome rachel,

this is a forum with very helpful and informative people and tips. here is a substitution list for you:

http://www.justonjuice.com/juicing-substitution-list/

there are a bunch of things you can substitute for kale.

broccoli,zucchini,romaine lettuce,spinach,and swiss chard.

congrats on your start and if you ever need anything, i am on here all day and night to help!

cheers,
andy

Lorna79
Juicer
Lorna79
on: October 8, 2013, 07:10

Hey Rachel, I'm also in the UK and started 9 days ago. I get Kale from Tesco no problem. How are you getting on?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: October 8, 2013, 15:36

Rachel, spring greens are okay to use too. So are collard greens and everything Andy listed. Ditching the alcohol won't be as hard as you think. Keep us posted and let us know how things work out for you Rachel!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 17, 2013, 19:41

Rachel, I bought "Cavolo Nero, Black cabbage" from sainsburys (Ipswich) yesterday. It comes in a packet of individual leaves and looks identical to the Kale I grow. It's part of the "Taste the difference" range. Also, as everyone else has said, there are plenty of alternative greens until the Kale becomes available. Best of luck with the juice fast. Gary.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,