twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Just started my 7 day juice fast today

Zombiefresh
Juicer
Just started my 7 day juice fast today
on: July 30, 2013, 20:14

I decided to start this 7 day juice fast after reading about it for a couple weeks. I have the worst eating habits. Lots of fast food...no vegetables...and minimal fruit. I recently went through a divorce and my eating habits got even worse as they kind of became a coping mechanism. My username is kind of a joke on how i feel when it comes to food...when i'm hungry it's all I can focus on... fooood...foooood...fooooood...I am hoping through this fast that I can train myself to eat better foods and of course losing some pounds would be great as well.

I've had 3 juices so far today and I'm definitely feeling the effects of being overly hungry. It definitely doesn't help everyone in the office talking about where they are going to eat out tonight lol. Feeling pretty light headed and tired. My body is screaming for sugar and other unhealthy things 😮 .

I am going to try and keep this updated so I hold myself accountable and after reading a few other posts, There seems to be some awesome people helping to keep each other motivated!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Just started my 7 day juice fast today
on: July 31, 2013, 05:29

Zombie, welcome to JOJ and congrats on starting your fast! I'm sorry to hear of the divorce, I went through a divorce a little over 2 years ago. It's very taxing on your body and your mind. Food easily becomes a comfort. Once you fast you reset your whole approach to eating. Even your taste is reset. You'll notice that you will have cravings for fresh fruits and vegetables over candy and fried foods.

Remember that there is a difference between hunger and cravings. Hunger is when your body is telling you it needs nutrients. Cravings when you mind is telling you to eat out of habit, boredom, or for the sheer taste of food. When you have juice, you are giving yourself loads of nutrients. It's impossible to starve on a juice fast.

It takes a while to train yourself that your food is in liquid form now. You're mind is still craving all those other foods. You can do this and you will succeed at it! Keep me posted on your status. I'm here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Zombiefresh
Juicer
on: August 2, 2013, 01:49

Well today is day 3 for me. Definitely been feeling the effects of detoxing. I always feel great and energized in the morning then come lunch time I'm usually pretty lightheaded and tired. I haven't gotten any headaches which is surprising to me because I get them frequently but that could be because I am eating healthier too.

I was so tired yesterday I fell asleep right after work and slept for 12 hours which I don't think I've done in years. But I am feeling slightly better overall today and hopefully tomorrow will be even better. 4 more days and I want to finish strong and then ease back into eating healthy solids!!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:02

Zombie, congrats on day 3! Make sure you are having a juice at the first sign of hunger. I would typically have my first juice around 8am my second juice around 10:30 and then another one around 1:00. I was able to get on a routine and found that I started getting hungry just about every 2.5 hours in the morning.

That's great that you are sleeping. Sleeping really helps with the fast and the detox process. It gives your body time to heal and adjust.

You're doing a real fantastic job here Zombie, keep it up and it will be worth it. Thanks for keeping us updated.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Zombiefresh
Juicer
on: August 3, 2013, 04:34

Day 4 for me and unfortunately I slipped and had some fries with my family :( Besides that I've been feeling pretty good. I haven't weighed myself at all and won't until I finish the 7th day. Definitely felt a lot more energized today and even went for a nice relaxing run. also noticing some slight shrinking in my gut which makes me very happy! Hoping tomorrow is even better than today.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 18:15

Zombie, no more slipping. Those fries do way more harm than you think. Just keep on juicing and let the juice do it's magic and it will be so worth it in the end!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,